Recent content by Rydeen

1. Rydeen

Eiyuden Chronicles Kickstarter

I'm getting pretty far into the game, I think, but I just got through a situation that really kind of feels like it should have been happening in the first quarter of the game. (I'm sort of making a guess that I'm around 60-70% of the way through the main story, based on secret achievements I...
  2. Rydeen

Random Shenmue Thoughts

I took a look through the questionnaire in the Shenmue Chapter 1 World Guide book again, and there was a mention of a hidden way to activate an auto battle mode in the 70 man battle by plugging a controller into port 4 and holding the L and R buttons down. Apparently with this there's also a...
  3. Rydeen

New Interview with Yu Suzuki - Brought to you by Shenmue Dojo and Phantom River Stone

Which one is unabashedly “Shenmue”? That one. Tbh, I’m not really opposed to YS going back and just redrafting his plans for ‘The Old Man and the (Giant) Peach,’ or even taking a swing at some of the later plans for VFRPG, if that were something he really wanted to do. If it’s Shenmue IV, I...
  4. Rydeen

New Interview with Yu Suzuki - Brought to you by Shenmue Dojo and Phantom River Stone

“Negotiating his ass off.” “Stealing candy from a baby.” “Finding a magic lamp.” “Winning the lottery.” He could drastically reconsider his design philosophy, sure, but as I said in the other thread, I don’t really care about playing that. Just give me the novel, at that point. For me it’s...
  5. Rydeen

A few other thoughts I had while watching through the Dojo Show on this: - Speaking of practical jokes in the Shenmue games, I've been referencing the Famitsu World Guidance book while playing through Shenmue HD lately, because it has a list of all the event sequences in the game. In the back...
  6. Rydeen

It was 100% fake. I have zero doubt of that, but whoever made it clearly had inside information.
  7. Rydeen

I meant that YS had made reference to having the story written down in a bound format a number of times in the past, but all we had ever seen were those blue covered chapters. I had assumed they spanned the entire story, because semantically ‘scripts’ and ‘novel’ are different, but I don’t think...
  8. Rydeen

Pretty neat stuff, guys. Congrats on getting an interview with YS. A few things struck me from this: - Pretty surprised to hear that those scripts don’t cover all of the story, and that there is a separate novelization. Pretty stoked to hear that he at least has plans to release the story in...
  9. Rydeen

Oof, bummer. I remember seeing something about the delay for the physical Switch version a month ago or so in the backer updates. I thought they were maybe giving out codes for digital copies (Steam, maybe?) for backers who selected the Switch physical version, though. Did they not do that? I...
  10. Rydeen

I finally got my code in a box for the GOG backer version. Got a little pressed a for minute when it initially showed that I couldn't download the game because it hasn't been released yet, but apparently it needed to be set to the pre-release branch. About to start the process of replaying all...
  11. Rydeen

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

For sure, Air Twister sales alone wouldn't make a dent. I was talking more about Air Twister as one of a series of projects, along with some incentives from Apple, etc that might add up to a small pile that could be squirreled away to make something like a point and click adventure game for...
  12. Rydeen

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Maybe it’s just me being jaded, but I’d almost be willing to place money on the major game studios changing almost nothing in regards to their AAA strategies. They’re pretty much all looking for home runs, and in most cases, the windfall profits they’re after require what we might consider...
  13. Rydeen

I don’t know if there’s a way to get the patch notes on the actual console, but it looks like you just got kind of unlucky. Seems there were two pre-release patches (probably addressing things from backer trial feedback). https://www.orbispatches.com/CUSA29567 I wouldn’t be surprised if...
  14. Rydeen

Holy crap, what? I knew we were supposed to get backer copies early, but I thought they had mentioned something like three days, not ten. Damn. I was trying to get through Dragon Quest XI first.
  15. Rydeen

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I can’t imagine there’s any chance it’s PDS, unless they were just able partner with Sega to do a reprint of the Saturn version. I think he probably teases a lot of their stuff this way. I recall one within the last six months teased like this that ended up being, like, Persona 3 or some shit...
Back