Random Gaming Thoughts

I believe I am up to 217 completions of the game

Though Catholic theology assures me God knows all of our virtues and vices, I trust He lists this as a virtue.

Any strong preferences on the Golden Axe series? I do think I prefer II-- as it has more of that proper console vibe vs. arcade-- but I can play any of them with pleasure. I still wanna try that Saturn brawler for the sake of it, while I'll pass on the 7th gen effort (nice of them to consider the franchise, though, even if God of War is probably a better model).
I'm also a Gilius Thunderhead guy, so forgive me if that breaks good rapport.

I'm not involved in this conversation, but I always love answering "what's the game you've played through most" question. I've played Deus Ex (2000) beginning to end easily over a hundred times. I've played it regularly since 2000. Just can't get enough of the gameplay and characters. I start it, I can't stop until I play through at least Hong Kong. It's just so well designed, like Arcanum and Thief 2 and Phantasy Star Online, which I've similarly played to death and beyond. Shenmue time goes without saying. 1999-2001 might be the most innovative years in the history of gaming. For whatever reasons, a string of super masterpieces just lined up and destroyed my high school career, college, my 20s, my 30s....

Now for a random gaming thought -- CrossCode is soooo good.

Though Catholic theology assures me God knows all of our virtues and vices, I trust He lists this as a virtue.

Any strong preferences on the Golden Axe series? I do think I prefer II-- as it has more of that proper console vibe vs. arcade-- but I can play any of them with pleasure. I still wanna try that Saturn brawler for the sake of it, while I'll pass on the 7th gen effort (nice of them to consider the franchise, though, even if God of War is probably a better model).
I'm also a Gilius Thunderhead guy, so forgive me if that breaks good rapport.

It IS my favourite console game ever and I've been playing it since I was 4 years old, so that does help the total a bit ;).

And no problem; Ax-Battler was the very first videogame character I ever controlled (GA was the first game I played, on the Genesis, when I was 3), so he's always my guy ;). Gilius is #3 for me (of the original game), but I don't dislike him at all :).

1 is always my favourite in the series, but III, I feel, is the best (on consoles) and II I feel is just an enchanced version of 1, with, "bleh!" screams instead of proper death sounds :LOL:; I have not played Revenge of Death Adder and I'd love to, but the last reports of a cab in the wild, here in Toronto, was my buddy who told me back in 1999 or so.

I refuse to play an arcade game for the first time, not on original hardware; it's sacrilege and only will play on emulation, if there is literally no way of playing the original version.

RoDA is considered to be the best in the series, so I'd really have to play it, before narrowing down which games I feel are best.

The Duel (Saturn) is a great and fun title, though it is a SF-clone in many ways. Still, it's a good game, I believe I reviewed at 8/10, back in 2007 and that score still hold up to this day.

Have never played Beast Rider :(

Beast Rider is the worst hack'n'slash game I've ever played. Actually, it is probably one of the worst games I have ever played. It is so shitty that it shoud be featured in an Angry Video Game episode. The combat is trash, the design is shit, the levels are boring. I hate this fucking game so much that the only reason I haven't burn my copy is because I want to remember the pain whenever I am playing something not that good

I guess it’s not any official kind of game yet or anything but I’ve been planning out my project quite a bit. Even drew a new piece after so long of not doing anything with covid.

2107DBDB-9EBA-48B8-8DBC-86FD5CC6450E.jpeg
I’m not sure ‘Resoneon’ is a great name but it’s the best I’ve come up with so far. Perhaps I’ll think of something better before I get too deep into actually developing it.

Don’t want to say too much about it but the basic premise is it’s about this retired detective, Ed, going on vacation. He finds himself in the city of Dorado Bañado, seemingly a paradise, until he happens upon a crime that has ties to his past.

Think I’ll stick to smaller ideas for it for now, basically a visual novel with some point and click and puzzles and dialogue options, but I’ll be hoping to make some kind of demo for feedback if anyone here is interested.

Reactions: red
Neat. I've heard it said that in English, the ideal one-word title should be a max of three syllables in order to preserve the cadence of ordinary speech. 'Res-neon', 'Reso-non'...

like it says in the artical that Microsoft has wanted to buy sega for a while now to get a foothold in japan(?)

i wonder if microsoft will let Yu Suzuki use the shenmue ip for free to make s4 if they bought sega?

Convenient ;). They've either got a massive bit of news to trump Sony or its linked to PS5.
At first everyone was saying that they were going to announce the Dreamcast 2, but it was already confirm that it is not it.
Most people seem to think it will be a partnership between Sega and Microsoft because of the companies having worked toghether in the past, specially now because of the recent announcement of Yakuza being on game pass.
Others point out to the possible announcement of new type of Hardware that Sega has been working on or the return of old vĂ­deo game franchises like Shinobi, Golden Axe etc...

Inspired by a recent sass comment, did anyone play ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove?
I'd consider buying it, but I know some have suggested it's of poor quality.

Oddly enough, I liked III; akin to Floigan Bros, it felt well situated as a late Dreamcast game.

Inspired by a recent sass comment, did anyone play ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove?
I'd consider buying it, but I know some have suggested it's of poor quality.

Oddly enough, I liked III; akin to Floigan Bros, it felt well situated as a late Dreamcast game.
It's a modern update of the original Mega Drive/Genesis game. If you like III, you'll like this too. It's not poor quality at all, but maybe it's an aquired taste.

Low-res Famitsu scans usually leak out one day ahead of the official release, right? I know it's going to be fucking nothing, but I still can't help but get antsy waiting for it anyways.

Low-res Famitsu scans usually leak out one day ahead of the official release, right? I know it's going to be fucking nothing, but I still can't help but get antsy waiting for it anyways.

Update 06/03/20 at 1:45 a.m.: The “huge scoop” teased by Nishikawa is that Sega is doing research and development on “Fog Gaming,” a potential new game platform that could be utilized by Japanese arcades.

Fog Gaming would repurpose arcades across Japan as part of the cloud, as well as channel arcade game machines’ CPUs and GPUs, resulting in lower costs. This would provide ultra low latency, and the concept is similar to fog computing. Players would be able to enjoy high-quality games, and arcades would be able to make money even after business hours.

• Haha
Reactions: red
Back