Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: 70 Man Battle darkening overlay
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Reproduction rate: 3/3
Category: Graphics
Priority: Minor
Observed Result: When the UI Display Area is set to anything but 100% the overlay to darken the screen at the start of the 70 Man Battle doesn't cover the entire screen

Expected Result: The entire screen should be darkened, regardles of the chosen UI Display Area setting
Reproduction Steps: Start the 70 Man Battle unlocked after beating the game with mentioned settings

Attachments

• Overlay.PNG
    Overlay.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Title: 70 Man Battle pop-ups
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Priority: Medium
Observed Result: During the 70 Man Battle there is noticable pop-up of buildings and containers all around the area. This happens regardless if 4:3 or 16:9 is chosen

Expected Result: Buildings should render all the time or fade in where draw distance limits used to be
Reproduction Steps: Play the 70 Man Battle in the story or through the unlockable option

Title: No notebook in menu in Shenmue I
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Reproduction rate: Always
Category: Mechanics
Observed Result: There is no option to open the notebook through the menu. This makes it impossible to check the notebook while driving the forklift as the X button brings up the route map.

Expected Result: The notebook should appear as an inventory item in Shenmue I, just like it does in Shenmue II
Reproduction Steps: Just look at the items menu

Title: Moves advanced whilst training
Platform: PS4 Pro
Title Version: 1.1.0.0
Reproduction rate: 5/5 but differs for when a move will satrt doing it.
Category: Gameplay/Graphic
Observed Result: When training if you train continuing over time random moves move to the leveled up graphics even though they aren't at that trained level. It resets back ot normal everytime you sleep. You still keep your training advancment but it does this even with moves that aren't leveled up. I did a video showing it at the 5 mins mark. It starts with pit blow, then double blow a bit later then later with mud spider (around 11mins) cyclone kick and windmill. The animation even changes in the moves menu. Since my internet was laggy on uploads I couldn't do the full day and sleep to show the animations returning to normal the next day.
Expected Result: The move shouldn't change animation, untill the level up is actually reached.
Reproduction Steps: Just train a move for a little while like in video that is well below advancing.

Last edited:
Title: Hang-On screen size
Observed Result: Hang-On doesn't fill the entire screen top to bottom. Space Harrier does so, so this is a massive inconsitency with the arcade games.

Expected Result: Hang-On should fill the screen top to bottom given its aspect ratio, just like Space Harrier
Reproduction Steps: Just play Hang-On at the YOU Arcade

Playing on PC. I’ve had a few instances where pressing ‘B’ to decline something doesn’t work when the left/continue, right/decline prompts appear on screen. The ‘B’ button shows as active in the HUD, but pressing it has no impact.

Far from game breaking as you can just press right - but a fault nonetheless. The earliest instance I noticed was near the beginning of the game after Fuku asks you to teach him the forward punch move.

A lot of posts in here so forgive me if this has already been raised, but I just finished the 70 man battle on ps4 and it didn't display the number of enemies or the timer. This happen to anyone else?

Also just noticed when leaving for Hong Kong, Iwao's speech didn't play over the music.

Last edited:
Observed Result: Hang-On doesn't fill the entire screen top to bottom. Space Harrier does so, so this is a massive inconsitency with the arcade games.

Expected Result: Hang-On should fill the screen top to bottom given its aspect ratio, just like Space Harrier
Reproduction Steps: Play the 70 Man Battle in the story or through the unlockable option
Pretty sure that those "Reproduction Steps" are wrong ;)

PS 4 : 1.01
It's a pity that the music and audio in general don't work as they should. I went to Bar Yokosuka and always found that the song really fit that place. Unfortunately, one particular note in the song doesn't go up and down as it does on Dreamcast but stays the same.

Does anyone else also notice long pauses during conversations? Sometimes it takes a while before the other person answers. In the meantime they just stare at eachother. I don't remember it being that way on Dreamcast. And in menus or while playing slots, QTE title etc. it often feels as if the game struggles to handle fast input from button. For example, while pressing the button to choose bets for slots. The audio glitches as if it can't keep up.

As for training, my moves don't seem to level up or the progress isn't seen? I have trained several days in a row and the progression stays the same.

PS 4 : 1.01
It's a pity that the music and audio in general don't work as they should. I went to Bar Yokosuka and always found that the song really fit that place. Unfortunately, one particular note in the song doesn't go up and down as it does on Dreamcast but stays the same.

Does anyone else also notice long pauses during conversations? Sometimes it takes a while before the other person answers. In the meantime they just stare at eachother. I don't remember it being that way on Dreamcast. And in menus or while playing slots, QTE title etc. it often feels as if the game struggles to handle fast input from button. For example, while pressing the button to choose bets for slots. The audio glitches as if it can't keep up.

As for training, my moves don't seem to level up or the progress isn't seen? I have trained several days in a row and the progression stays the same.

Yeah the music see Shenmue 2 tracks

Yea the PS4 1.0.1 is what I had before embargo and it was great, but with a few bugs.

But since moving to PC for streaming, and with their 1.0.1 patch, it really has been flawless, outside of the Space Harrier inverted controls, and a toy capsule disappearing so Ryos hand was THE CLAWWWW!

But these games are still sensational. Fingers crossed to the console devs test and approve the given patches as soon as they can.

Yeah I found the music in S2 so bad I had to just turn the game off and just hope/wait it gets fixed, so it wouldn't ruin the experince. Shenmue music is iconic to the series and hearing it like that is painful not just to my ears but soul.

Title: Shenmue 2 Darts Broken
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.0.1
Priority: High
Observed Result: Darts do not go where they are aimed in Shenmue 2. They're always either high or low, seemingly at random.

Expected Result: Darts go where they're currently aimed when you push the X button.
Reproduction Steps: Play darts in Shenmue 2.

Video attached:

This is also present on PS4 1.0.1

Observed Result: Darts do not go where they are aimed in Shenmue 2. They're always either high or low, seemingly at random.

Expected Result: Darts go where they're currently aimed when you push the X button.

Video attached:

I knew something was off!

OP Updated after 48 hours

39 issues reported for PS4 (13 new)
28 issues for Xbox One (13 new)
23 issues for PC (11 new)

Please, if you are using the PC version 1.0.1 and see that some of the reported are now fixed let me know to update the OP

Video attached:

I'm glad you reported this. I've had the same issues on ps4 with darts. I thought it was me being crap lol

Playing on PC without the latest patch. I had no control over Ryo’s hand when throwing the darts sometimes. His hand would just move in random directions regardless of what directions I pressed.

Does anyone else also notice long pauses during conversations? Sometimes it takes a while before the other person answers. In the meantime they just stare at eachother. I don't remember it being that way on Dreamcast.

If you're playing with Japanese voices, this happens because the game is still using English timings when you have dialog in Japanese, which is what creates the awkward pauses. I find it incredibly annoying to the point I had to switch to English.

Playing on PC without the latest patch. I had no control over Ryo’s hand when throwing the darts sometimes. His hand would just move in random directions regardless of what directions I pressed.

You don't have control over Ryo's hand when throwing the darts. This was never a thing - the game is about timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back