What are you playing?

Mmmm you mean not-cronological?

I'm playing like they wanted to play it. You know, mixed chapters.
I played the demo with the non-chronological order and did not enjoy it. When I discovered that the main game was like that, I skipped it. Only picked it up on the remaster which fixed that. Heavy Rain was known for having a tonne of endings where your decisions made a difference. That's not the case with this game but at least playing it in chronological order gives that illusion.

I played the demo with the non-chronological order and did not enjoy it. When I discovered that the main game was like that, I skipped it. Only picked it up on the remaster which fixed that. Heavy Rain was known for having a tonne of endings where your decisions made a difference. That's not the case with this game but at least playing it in chronological order gives that illusion.
Oh I see. Well Idk, seems good to me. Seems more lineal tho. I'm taking some decisions but I'm feeling like they wont have an impact at the end. Or that it will be a minimal impact.

I like the story so far, it's just kinda weird, because Heavy rain was:
- Oh, we dont wanna make it too paranormal, lets keep it real.

Beyond two sould first hour:
- Dude we opened a portal to the underworld.
- Alright.

Lol.

I liked Heavy Rain a lot. Similar to other games, a few years down the line I have lost some respect for it because of some major plot holes but overall it's up there with one of my favourite games. Also was a fan of Origami Killer/Fahrenheit but on a second playthrough it was not as good as I remembered it to be. Beyond: Two Souls I did like, primarily because I think they done the main character very well. Detroit: Become Human was okay, typical Cage game I guess. No desire to play it through a second time though.

I liked Heavy Rain a lot. Similar to other games, a few years down the line I have lost some respect for it because of some major plot holes but overall it's up there with one of my favourite games. Also was a fan of Origami Killer/Fahrenheit but on a second playthrough it was not as good as I remembered it to be. Beyond: Two Souls I did like, primarily because I think they done the main character very well. Detroit: Become Human was okay, typical Cage game I guess. No desire to play it through a second time though.
Yeah, but I think Beyond was the "less good" game, that's what I red. So far its cool for me, I just finished the homeless part (the fire building and so on). I cant say if its better than Heavy Rain because I have to finish it, but I'll see. It's good so far, my only problem it's the same than HR: the camera. I'll see if they corrected it in Detroit. But I can live with it.

Played Golden Axe today with my brother and I can't remember it being this hard. Maybe because games have got a little easier but this seems near impossible. Game over by the time we got to the second stage. AI also seems to be on crack and I could swear there was an option to take off Friendly fire.....

Alright finished Beyond two souls.

Yeah, I liked more Heavy Rain but its different, it's was detective game. Beyond its more like... "Just watch the fricking movie and shut up".

I liked Jodie. The gameplay was better than HR (I mean, the action parts, specially with keyboard). The face graphics were cool and I loved the voice actors. Very well done.

I'd like to Ryan been more "stable" and not a "I hate ya/I love ya". Kinda weird (bad written).

Kinda bothered me so many cliches. The abussive teens in the party and beaten a homeless. I mean, come on, I know there are trash people out there but that was ridiculous. Same with the old military chief. And a lot of stuff seemed like a Michael Bay movie. Idk, kinda weird.

The navajo part was kinda like... "Are we still playing the same game?" but the guardians part was actually kinda cool (10 seconds). Anyway, I can live with it.

I really liked the CIA mission part and the plot twist. I mean, stealth + Africa? Dude this is MGSV with keyboard, I'd play a game like this. So, credits for that.

The end was... Alrightish. That last scene make me think they let the door open for a sequel. Well... Thanks but no thanks I suppose.

Yeah, a good game, it isnt Shenmue 2 tho, lol. Not better than HR, but if you like HR I'd give it a try. On sale. Overall, was a good experience and I think press treated kinda bad, but users made justice -ONCE AGAIN- in the metacritic score.

PS: I noticed I wrote the word "kinda" like a million times but makes me more easy to express myself. It's a kinda cool word :p

Played Golden Axe today with my brother and I can't remember it being this hard. Maybe because games have got a little easier but this seems near impossible. Game over by the time we got to the second stage. AI also seems to be on crack and I could swear there was an option to take off Friendly fire.....

:eek:

GA, the first one?

I've played it once in the past 5 years and I 1CC'd it (this past April, with Ax-Battler. Alone)...

Now, it WAS the first videogame I've ever played and I've played it a ton...

It's easier one-player, which can also be said for Final Fight CD (like you mentioned, he other player gets in the way too frequently). Basically, my best advice is to CONSTANTLY be moving and I mean like a fly buzzing around; if you stand around for too long or stay in a straight line LOS with an enemy for more than one second, they will charge at you.

Also, for the second level specifically, you can dispatch the first set of red Longmoans and Heningers (the strongest version of said enemies) without even engaging them; keep close to the left edge (without walking off of course) and let them charge at you, moving up at the last second; two can be dispatched by having them fall off the edge and a third just needs a single jump attack or charge, to get knocked off.

Following that, the next section, collect that dragon ASAP and the one of you that is on the dragon, keep away while the non-rider kills all the enemies.

DO NOT USE ANY MAGIC UP UNTIL THIS POINT.

Once the last battle starts, both of you should Downward Thrust the standing Gruizya/Storchinaya/whatevers (run, jump and attack after jumping; your character will point their weapon down and strike), make quick work of them and then, wait around until the Red Dragon shoots a fireball, THEN use your magic. The level is done.

It's a game I should really do a walkthrough on or something; I know it like the back of my hand :$

:eek:

GA, the first one?

I've played it once in the past 5 years and I 1CC'd it (this past April, with Ax-Battler. Alone)...

Now, it WAS the first videogame I've ever played and I've played it a ton...

It's easier one-player, which can also be said for Final Fight CD (like you mentioned, he other player gets in the way too frequently). Basically, my best advice is to CONSTANTLY be moving and I mean like a fly buzzing around; if you stand around for too long or stay in a straight line LOS with an enemy for more than one second, they will charge at you.

Also, for the second level specifically, you can dispatch the first set of red Longmoans and Heningers (the strongest version of said enemies) without even engaging them; keep close to the left edge (without walking off of course) and let them charge at you, moving up at the last second; two can be dispatched by having them fall off the edge and a third just needs a single jump attack or charge, to get knocked off.

Following that, the next section, collect that dragon ASAP and the one of you that is on the dragon, keep away while the non-rider kills all the enemies.

DO NOT USE ANY MAGIC UP UNTIL THIS POINT.

Once the last battle starts, both of you should Downward Thrust the standing Gruizya/Storchinaya/whatevers (run, jump and attack after jumping; your character will point their weapon down and strike), make quick work of them and then, wait around until the Red Dragon shoots a fireball, THEN use your magic. The level is done.

It's a game I should really do a walkthrough on or something; I know it like the back of my hand :$
Took about 10 attempts but completed it yesterday. We did move on to 2 and played a bit of 3 but those games for some reason just seemed terrible and I have no desire anymore to complete them. Moved on to Streets of Rage.

I finished Shin Megami Tensei II last week, after probably eight months of on-again, off-again play. It was just all right, and not nearly as good as DDS 1 or 2, or SMT 1, really. Hard to say if I like it better than SMT if..., though. Probably a little bit, but it's pretty close. I threw in Devil Summoner on the Saturn afterward, just to have a look, and despite hearing from people before that it supposedly looks terrible graphically, I thought it looked quite good. I'm not really in the mood for more SMT right now, though.

I also finished Mobile Suit Gundam on the Saturn the other day, partly because I've had this weird desire lately to rewatch the original TV series, and follow it up with first-time viewings of Zeta and Double Zeta. (I really haven't cared about any animated Japanese shows since high school, outside of some stalwarts like GitS, Kino's Adventures, and maybe Cowboy Bebop.) So the Saturn game sort of helped scratch the itch. As a game it's a little cumbersome to play, and near the middle section it starts to expect that you have lightning reflexes, or are an honest-to-goodness Newtype yourself. I will say that the redrawn animation is stellar. It looks and sounds great, and plays decently, but it's probably not worth playing for anyone who doesn't care about Gundam.

I've gotten out a whole bunch of Dreamcast games that I intend to work through over the next few weeks or more. They are:

Moero! Justice Gakuen
Power Stone 2
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Vampire Chronicle
Gundam Side Story 0079: Colony no Ochita Chi de... Special Version (Has RX-78 in it.)
Dino Crisis
18 Wheeler
Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahou no Shito
Evolution
Evolution 2: Tooi Yakusoku

I already finished the story mode in Justice Gakuen with Akira. It was kind of rough going, both because I used to know an actual girl with the name Akira, and because the AI really turned the screws to me after only a couple matches. I think I spent close to an hour on Demon Hyo, even though Powered Akira is a total bad-ass, complete with Rimon Chochu. It was not pretty. It's a fun game though. I kind of want to unlock the rest of the hidden characters, and maybe mess around with the board game mode, before moving on to Power Stone 2.

Started a few minutes of Detroit Become human. Holy Jesus fucking christ, this is looking great. I loved the android gameplay, the camera moves better, doing chores it's super fun (lol) and the faces are astonishing.

Oh btw the female android (Kara) it's cute and I'm gonna protect her with my life. WITH. MY. LIFE.

I finished Shin Megami Tensei II last week, after probably eight months of on-again, off-again play. It was just all right, and not nearly as good as DDS 1 or 2, or SMT 1, really. Hard to say if I like it better than SMT if..., though. Probably a little bit, but it's pretty close. I threw in Devil Summoner on the Saturn afterward, just to have a look, and despite hearing from people before that it supposedly looks terrible graphically, I thought it looked quite good. I'm not really in the mood for more SMT right now, though.

I also finished Mobile Suit Gundam on the Saturn the other day, partly because I've had this weird desire lately to rewatch the original TV series, and follow it up with first-time viewings of Zeta and Double Zeta. (I really haven't cared about any animated Japanese shows since high school, outside of some stalwarts like GitS, Kino's Adventures, and maybe Cowboy Bebop.) So the Saturn game sort of helped scratch the itch. As a game it's a little cumbersome to play, and near the middle section it starts to expect that you have lightning reflexes, or are an honest-to-goodness Newtype yourself. I will say that the redrawn animation is stellar. It looks and sounds great, and plays decently, but it's probably not worth playing for anyone who doesn't care about Gundam.

I've gotten out a whole bunch of Dreamcast games that I intend to work through over the next few weeks or more. They are:

Moero! Justice Gakuen
Power Stone 2
Spawn: In the Demon's Hand
Vampire Chronicle
Gundam Side Story 0079: Colony no Ochita Chi de... Special Version (Has RX-78 in it.)
Dino Crisis
18 Wheeler
Sorcerian: Shichisei Mahou no Shito
Evolution
Evolution 2: Tooi Yakusoku

I already finished the story mode in Justice Gakuen with Akira. It was kind of rough going, both because I used to know an actual girl with the name Akira, and because the AI really turned the screws to me after only a couple matches. I think I spent close to an hour on Demon Hyo, even though Powered Akira is a total bad-ass, complete with Rimon Chochu. It was not pretty. It's a fun game though. I kind of want to unlock the rest of the hidden characters, and maybe mess around with the board game mode, before moving on to Power Stone 2.

Rimon... Chochu? Who's that? lol

I've played close to, in my estimation, 300 hours of PJ/MJG in my life and I have no idea who that is lol. The boardgame is a ton of fun and even with the decent guide that is out there, I just haven't invested a lot of time into it, due to the language barrier.

PS2 is the best, "Arena Brawler," that has ever been made and the fact that SSB truly hasn't come close from a pure game-play standpoint still, shows how great Capcom is in the fighting field.

Spawn is a ton of fun, but I much prefer Heavy Metal Geomatrix; also a good arena brawler.

Dino Crisis on the DC is the best version of the game and a ton of fun; loved playing it when I did.

18 Wheeler is a pure-arcade experience, minus the massive wheel the arcades had.

Both Evolutions are tons of fun, Roguelikes. Charming and heartwarming, they both are :)

Rimon... Chochu? Who's that? lol

I've played close to, in my estimation, 300 hours of PJ/MJG in my life and I have no idea who that is lol. The boardgame is a ton of fun and even with the decent guide that is out there, I just haven't invested a lot of time into it, due to the language barrier.

PS2 is the best, "Arena Brawler," that has ever been made and the fact that SSB truly hasn't come close from a pure game-play standpoint still, shows how great Capcom is in the fighting field.

Spawn is a ton of fun, but I much prefer Heavy Metal Geomatrix; also a good arena brawler.

Dino Crisis on the DC is the best version of the game and a ton of fun; loved playing it when I did.

18 Wheeler is a pure-arcade experience, minus the massive wheel the arcades had.

Both Evolutions are tons of fun, Roguelikes. Charming and heartwarming, they both are :)
I can't remember what it's called in the English translation for Shenmue. "Elbow Assault," maybe? Whichever one it is that Iwao teaches him. The move P-Akira has is technically listed as "Ura-Rimon," but for all intents and purposes, it's the same as VF Akira's signature move.

I really love the first Power Stone. For whatever reason, I had played it a little bit at the launch of the Dreamcast, and just hated it, When I decided to give it another chance a number of years ago, though, my opinion completely flipped. Not sure what happened, exactly. I know it's only 2v2, and in a 3D field, but it's my preference to SSB. I've played a bit of Power Stone 2 in the past, but it hasn't gelled with me the same way as the first game. I do want to actually unlock everything like I did in Power Stone, though, for the rare times I can talk people into playing it.

Good to know about Geomatrix. I have that also, but it's the NA version, and I only ever have a JP or NA console set up at any given time. Some day I'll get to it, though. Someday.

I had 18 Wheeler on the PS2, once upon a time. It was not the optimal way to play the game, I'm sure of that. (Kind of like the PS2 version of Federation vs Zeon DX, or really almost any PS2 version of a game that started on Naomi hardware. :LOL:) It was one of those stupid, totally absurd games that I always admired Sega for having the intestinal fortitude to make. Thinking of the tornado sequence still makes me a little giddy.

I played a fair amount of both Evolutions a long time ago, but never finished either one. Thought it would be good to correct that this year.

I can't remember what it's called in the English translation for Shenmue. "Elbow Assault," maybe? Whichever one it is that Iwao teaches him. The move P-Akira has is technically listed as "Ura-Rimon," but for all intents and purposes, it's the same as VF Akira's signature move.

Oh God, it's a move, not a person (facepalm x100) ugh :(

Think I’m nearing the end of Okami. Passed out last night right before I was about to fight a big orb dude on the Yamato.

Got Dreams because my son was obsessed with the Godzilla game that was on the free trial. Totally worth $39. I’ve been having a lot of fun trying out different games. Admittedly, many are bad, but there are some gems and Art’s Dream is wonderful. I hope more people get into it.

One week before I move house, so everything is boxed and the only thing I have access to are my handhelds. (PSP. Vita, 3DS, Switch Lite)...so the Switch Lite has been getting a lot of play this week in downtime..

Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Games (Switch) -- Been playing A LOT of Hanafuda and Richi Mahjong online. Damn this is fun! Thanks Yakuza for teaching me how to play these two games. I'm really into this game. Even playing simple stuff like Connect 4 or Darts online is a blast. But yeah, nice to play Hanafuda and Richi Mahjong against actual people for a change.

Burnout Paradise (Switch) -- Been cruising around smashing through gates and billboards and doing a bit of freeburn online. I love this game. So much fun.

FE Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore (Switch) -- Only just started. About two hours in. Seems cool.

Alright, finished Detroit. Really liked it, I recommend it. Dont know why the press gave it that score *looks at TLOU2 and Death Stranding scores* Wait... Shit... Now I know.

Btw THIS is a game with good political stuff on it, do you understand? Yes, I'm looking at you, TLOU2.

Finished Okami. Absolutely loved it.

Been messing around with Sonic Mania. Not in the mood for a long experience right now. Goddamn I hate the bonus levels with the orbs so much, especially since I can't stand not collecting every single thing in a platform game, but otherwise the game is pure perfection and Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for not making a 2D Mario of the same caliber (and Sega should be ashamed of themselves for not even approaching the greatness of 3D Mario in 20+ years).

We bought a Switch a few months ago, but it's pretty much an Animal Crossing-only machine cuz of my wife. Breath of the Wild and Tropical Freeze are begging me to play them. :( If she doesn't stop, I'm gonna have to start up Yakuza 3 and there goes another 2-3 months of my life...

Back