Ghost of Tsushima.

I skipped the physical special edition (the one with the steelbook) because i wasnt sure if i will even like the game.
Now every single shop here, local stores and online shops are sold out.
You can find one from time to time on Ebay but the price increased about 50€

Sorry to hear that, but so far i've never felt that way about the game.
I've always encountered something to do along the way.
I've encountered mongol caravans and soldiers, bandids, villagers that needed to be rescued, new places to explore, etc...
One thing I really love is that when you rescue someone, they tell you what is happening in different places along the island leading you into a new adventure instead of always being another main character in the story.
For me it makes the game world more believable and makes everything feel more natural.
To clarify I was replying to a quote about Horizon Dawn. I am quite thrilled to play this game on Wednesday when I have the spare budget to buy it having read everything in the thread.

I finished the story for Ghost of Tsushima, I won't give any spoilers but I can say if anyone is on the fence about buying it, go for it! It's been well worth buying the PS4 to experience. Now off to finish the side quests, other intriguing features and soak in the environment with the camera.

They patched in a harder difficulty mode today and you can change the subtitle text size and color now

I will probably try it when it's on sale because of the landscapes, don't really want to go through all the darker war scene stuff from the trailer.

I'm glad that the game has nice looking normal clothes / light armor and hats and stuff like that.
I like Nioh 1 & 2 too but like 90% of the 50 or 100 armor sets look like heavy armor.

I received the game today, how easy is the combat with default settings? Should I start with the extra difficulty setting that the new patch has?

It's pretty easy, tbh. I got beat up pretty badly at first, but I didn't really think about switching stances or evading.

I'm playing on hard (not the new super hard mode) and its pretty hard and overwhelming in the beginning
because of all the unlockable gadgets and stances and combos but once you start using
all of that stuff and once you have the action points and health upgrades,
you will get super overpowered. By the time i reached the 50-60% mark of the story,
i had already cleared about 75% of the whole map and i had every single attack and gadget unlocked,
so even the dramatic story duels were kind of a joke and all the enemies in the camps could be killed with one attack.

I will definitely start a second playthrough in japanese in the super hard mode later this year.

Though not required, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel of some sort, or at least another game inspired by the engine and physics of G.O.T maybe in another era, country or lore?(Native American, Celtic, African Tribal, etc). Historically the Mongols invaded Tsushima again about 8 years later so they could do something with that. Jins story is done IMO, but perhaps Yuna could be the ghost going forward? That's a radical idea in the 1200's.

Back