Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the "not being able to save after S1 credits" bug also in the PS4 version? If so, have we reported it to Sega?

I might want to wait with finishing S1 until that's fixed.
It happened to me. Had to do the final battle all over again. Don't know if it's been reported.

Playing on PS4, and whilst I'm definitely enjoying it, I'm finding the quiet footsteps and rotating sky incredibly annoying. Seriously, how did they miss the sky rotating with Ryo?

As I've gotten further along in the game I'm noticing bugs are becoming more and more apparent. I just got into the Hazuki basement and cut scenes are starting to be blank. Audio is still present as are sub titles.

As I've gotten further along in the game I'm noticing bugs are becoming more and more apparent. I just got into the Hazuki basement and cut scenes are starting to be blank. Audio is still present as are sub titles.
This seems to be the point where a bunch of glitches show up for a lot of people, including me.

Playing on PS4, and whilst I'm definitely enjoying it, I'm finding the quiet footsteps and rotating sky incredibly annoying. Seriously, how did they miss the sky rotating with Ryo?
Quiet footsteps? They seem awfully loud to me. Odd.

The sky texture turning with Ryo has been reported already. Maybe the report could be updated to better reflect the issue because it is not the fact that it moves (as it did so on the DC) but that it moves too fast and too much.

Here's some advice to everyone:
--- If you want to make a report, please see the OP for the template and check if your findings have already been reported ---

Title: Shenmue 2 doesnt let me take screenshots with RB/R1 anymore
Platform:
PC
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Misc
Not fixed
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: Screenshots dont work. They worked though before.
Expected Result: Take in game screenshot when pressing RB/R1

Reproduction Steps:
Press RB/R1 and see what doesnt happen

Last edited:
Quiet footsteps? They seem awfully loud to me. Odd.

Really? They're almost silent for me. They're pretty loud on dirt and other textures, but the roads etc...... I can barely hear anything.

Also as a side issue - what's with the static button icons during QTE events? Didn't they flash on the screen for Dreamcast?

Title: Losing 70 Man Battle and Weather option
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Reproduction rate: 6/6
Category: Mechanics
Priority: Critical
Observed Result: After loading any save and exiting back to the title screen the options for 70 Man Battle and the one to change the weather are both gone and can only be brought back by completely restarting the game. After exiting the title screen also never fully loads with animation and sometimes misses the Shenmue logo or stays black entirely, except for the A button icon.

Expected Result: The options should stay there after loading and exiting and the title screen should load properly
Reproduction Steps: After completing the game load a save file and then exit to the title screen

Title: UI Display Area
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Reproduction rate: Always
Category: Graphics
Priority: Minor
Observed Result: Changing the UI Display Area setting makes the HUD smaller but also moves it away from the screen edges. Reducing it makes the Action Selector visably not leave the screen to the left entirely before it disappears.

Expected Result: The HUD should stay near the edges of the screen. Idealy there should be advanced options for size and position
Reproduction Steps: Lower the UI Display Area setting below 100%

Title: Ryo's battle voice early in the story
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Reproduction rate: Always
Category: Sound
Priority: Minor
Observed Result: Pointing out an oversight of the Dreamcast original here since it can possibly be fixed.
The cries and grunts you hear Ryo make during fights are carried over from the Japanese dub. This happens throughout the story (org. Disc 1 and 2) and changes to English voice samples by the time Ryo has to find a job (org. Disc 3).

Expected Result: Ryo's voice during battles should always be the same and from his English voice actor
Reproduction Steps: Play one of the early fights, compare to a fight from the work days on

I am through most of the game and as I play , I am both shaking my head in disbelief and enjoying it at the same time. Did they not bug test the game or went about any quality assurance before release? Ive gamed for 35 years. Yes 35 years and Ive NEVER played a game as buggy as this. Does the developer have no shame nor professional pride in their work to release their game in this state? I don't mean it in a rhetorical sense , but literal. I cant believe it. Don't mean to sound antagonistic. Ive loved the series from the beginning and still have my OG Shenmue 1 and 2 but the bugs are constant for me. Going to a menu, watching cutscenes, and so on. Thankfully if I really itch to play these games, I have them in original form. Those games were so polished and well made so I don't know why this port was so badly made. Sorry to those that really love this HD port. Again, just expressing my disbelief and frustration.

Last edited:
Everyday there's something new. Nobody can deny that this is pretty bad at the moment. I don't have much faith that all of these problems will be fixed. Especially considering the latest pc patch has fixed some things, and broken entirely new ones : /

Also the lack of attention the crushed blacks are getting is really worrying me. If d3t don't get more feedback on this, then I really don't see them changing it. It should of been one of the first things fixed, as it's so painfully obvious how much darker the games are compared to their original releases.

So d3t ported the recent megadrive/genesis classics and that had issues with netcode/sound/challenge and data related to trophies some times resetting. It seems they fixed it or atleast improved on these about two weeks ago with a 1.3 patch, reading on gamefaqs, but the netcode is still a issue. I don't have the game so can't really say personally. I got the m2 sega conversion games on 3ds which were balls to the walls amazing.
They also did the remaster of Burnout Paradise Remaster which I do own and haven't had any issues with, though I never played the original release so I have no comparison to make.

Last edited:
The music in Shenmue 2 is so bad I'm almost to the point of holding off playing until it's fixed, even though I'm having a ton of fun playing.

Just got to Kowloon, and if I make it to Guilin and the music sounds bad there I might cry.

Title: Shenmue 2 doesnt let me take screenshots with RB/R1 anymore
Platform:
PC
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Misc
Not fixed
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: Screenshots dont work. They worked though before.
Expected Result: Take in game screenshot when pressing RB/R1

Reproduction Steps:
Press RB/R1 and see what doesnt happen
That's not a bug. You just ran out of spaces for the screenshots. Delete a few and you can take more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back