Shenmue The Animation Announced

Ds3Jtoc.png
Who is sharen and why do you keep calling me that?

As my posting history might suggest, I’m not a fan of anime but I do like the art style shown in the image. It’s quite a moody image which hopefully indicates there won’t be a noticeable tonal shift in the narrative.

All things considered this is great news for the series. Yu’s on board, Sega seem to be involved and some of the biggest names in anime will be working on it. At the very least it looks like we can expect a quality product.

Hopefully a trailer and news about when it’s likely to release drop soon. If they started back in November 2019 they shouldn’t be too far off.

Wonder what does "mature rating reasons" could be? Will the show be pretty violent?
I think the fight between Iwao and Lan Di having a bit more impact makes a lot of sense. Trickle of blood from the mouth etc. The hadouken that finished off Iwao always seemed a bit "11 year old friendly".

Man, there's so much cool stuff they could explore, stuff we've wanted to know more about from the first two games.

Also, the past 2 days my phone keyboard has been closing automatically every time I press Enter or Backspace, only on here, and I'm about to rip my hair out and quit posting forever.

I think the fight between Iwao and Lan Di having a bit more impact makes a lot of sense. Trickle of blood from the mouth etc. The hadouken that finished off Iwao always seemed a bit "11 year old friendly".

Man, there's so much cool stuff they could explore, stuff we've wanted to know more about from the first two games.

Also, the past 2 days my phone keyboard has been closing automatically every time I press Enter or Backspace, only on here, and I'm about to rip my hair out and quit posting forever.
Press the cog at the top of the post and it stops it as a fix for now. I'll get @LemonHaze to have a look. Its happening for me too.

"Fans don't realize that we're in deep. There's a lot coming" -Corey Marshall

I'm paraphrasing but that statement holds a lot more weight now than it ever did. He said this after they finished recording Shenmue III.
Hope that's true. I think Corey does a good job in the first 2 games but he took 2 decades of flack for the way the game incorporates the conversations. Hopefully this time he'll get a chance to show his capabilities.

Hope that's true. I think Corey does a good job in the first 2 games but he took 2 decades of flack for the way the game incorporates the conversations. Hopefully this time he'll get a chance to show his capabilities.
I never thought I'd say this but I agree with you 100%

Not trying to throw shade but, dam Shenmue gets an anime before Yakuza by Sega? I think either the tides are turning or we're the canary in the coal mine for Sega to see how RGG can also be adapted later down the road as well.

That's just 2020 being 2020 again. Good or bad, better or worse it's safe to say 2020 is the year of the unexpected. Sega started their goodwill towards Shenmue by throwing money to remake the first two games knowing that this would be a large undertaking. Even though we didn't get it, it speaks volumes in the renewed faith they have in the Shenmue brand.

I'm really excited for what's to come. If Sega is willing to fund a Shenmue anime and a Shenmue I and II remake, I'm quite certain they'll be funding Shenmue IV. This likely means that Suzuki will have access to AM2 resources for a much better combat experience (a.k.a porting the Virtua Fighter engine over)

We byke boys. Shenmue byke in this biyotch!!!

Pretty sure MJQ single handedly forced them to bring the announcement forwards with his sleuthing. One of the people working on it confirmed on Twitter that they’d originally planned to announce at the panel.

Im installing a security system around my house. Im gonna ask @mjqjazzbar to try and crack it. If he manages to do it, im throwing the thing out 😂

His research skills are on par with @Spaghetti

Back