Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
Last edited by a moderator:

£24.49 for the deluxe edition

£16.99 or £20 inc postage if not on prime.

For anyone who missed out on the LRG Shenmue III Collectors edition, they have a few remaining ones left in stock!

Don't miss out as this is the last chance to get one!

For anyone who missed out on the LRG Shenmue III Collectors edition, they have a few remaining ones left in stock!

Don't miss out as this is the last chance to get one!

Thanks! Just nabbed one. :cool:

Thanks! Just nabbed one. :cool:
Same! I've been seeing the light boxes on people's shelves, and coveting them. Also, I love the idea of having a Dreamcast case for it. Good looking out, @spud1897 ! (y)

I am confused, though. Weren't these sold out instantly?

Same! I've been seeing the light boxes on people's shelves, and coveting them. Also, I love the idea of having a Dreamcast case for it. Good looking out, @spud1897 ! (y)

My guess is they produce a few extras for contingency purposes. Copies that get lost in mail or damaged, etc.

They did but as Lan Di Sama above said they always produce a few extras incase of issues with post, damaged good etc.

I'm not sure how many they have left but it's a good move. People seem to be picking them up which is great.

It seems that a lot of people waited for Shenmue 3's price to go down to buy it; because I've been seeing a lot people sharing posts on diferent social media showing that they have recently bought Shenmue 3.
I guess a lot of people didn't bought the game at launch because they tough it wasnt worth the price.

It seems that a lot of people waited for Shenmue 3's price to go down to buy it; because I've been seeing a lot people sharing posts on diferent social media showing that they have recently bought Shenmue 3.
I guess a lot of people didn't bought the game at launch because they tough it wasnt worth the price.
That was a discussion point at release actually. I got lucky at paid £35 for my retail copy but some places were going for £50. I do wonder if they over priced it. But then lower the RRP = lower money for publisher presumably.

It's a balance. Had they said £30 at launch would it have shifted double the copies?

Yeah. Sales continue to come in at a pretty decent pace considering it’s been nearly a year since the game first released.

I wonder whether we might see a bump as a result of the anime announcement and another one when it premieres.

That was a discussion point at release actually. I got lucky at paid £35 for my retail copy but some places were going for £50. I do wonder if they over priced it. But then lower the RRP = lower money for publisher presumably.

It's a balance. Had they said £30 at launch would it have shifted double the copies?
I really don't know; I think they went "Full Price" at first to capitalize on those who really wanted the game badly and then launched the DLC's to make some extra cash. Was it a good strategy !? I really can't say because we don't have the exact sales figures.
But I think in the future the fair price with all the DLC's included would be between 29.99 and 39.99 for anyone that wants to give it a shot.

I really don't know; I think they went "Full Price" at first to capitalize on those who really wanted the game badly and then launched the DLC's to make some extra cash. Was it a good strategy !? I really can't say because we don't have the exact sales figures.
But I think in the future the fair price with all the DLC's included would be between 29.99 and 39.99 for anyone that wants to give it a shot.
The price had pretty much dropped to 29.99 before the game had even released thanks to the BB Black Friday deal being announced early.

Prior to release, I felt as though charging full price might not have been a great strategy, but looking at the underwhelming week one sales and how quickly the price was slashed, it was probably the right decision.

By launching at $60 and dropping to $30 so shortly after, they may have damaged the image of the game and annoyed those who picked it up at full price, but it likely encouraged anybody who was on the fence about buying the game to snap it up.

For what it's worth, it's up to 80,000 players on Gamstat.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Shenmue III is one sale at the Epic Store!:
1603347916670.png

Shen3sale.JPG
If you've been picking up the FREE games on an Epic account you'll also have a £10.00 discount voucher which expires soon. Making the Deluxe Edition below £9.17

Back