Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: cutscenes viewpoint looking into ground.
Platform: Steam
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Category: Cutscenes
Priority: Severe

Attachments

• 2018-08-27 (1).png
    2018-08-27 (1).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 2018-08-27 (2).png
    2018-08-27 (2).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • 2018-08-27 (3).png
    2018-08-27 (3).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 2018-08-27 (4).png
    2018-08-27 (4).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 2018-08-27 (8).png
    2018-08-27 (8).png
    878.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2018-08-27 (9).png
    2018-08-27 (9).png
    878.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 2018-08-27 (11).png
    2018-08-27 (11).png
    892.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2018-08-27 (12).png
    2018-08-27 (12).png
    973.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 2018-08-27 (13).png
    2018-08-27 (13).png
    972.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-08-27 (14).png
    2018-08-27 (14).png
    294.3 KB · Views: 5
I'll try again tonight, but I'm pretty sure that when I stand in front of the counter and press X, Ryo just has a conversation with the clerks without mentioning anything about having a winning can.

Yeah, he won't mention it that way. Open Ryo's inventory at the counter instead of pressing X to talk. Select and use the winning can. Ryo will place it on the counter then play the raffle.

Title: cutscenes viewpoint looking into ground.
Platform: Steam
Title Version: 1.0
Category: Cutscenes
100x this!! This has happened on PS4 slim constantly throughout my playthrough. By far the most severe glitch of all. This has happened nearly 10 times and I’m on day one of the forklift job. I have to quit the application and reopen for cutscenes to work again.

Even though I’m mostly happy about the re release, the audio issues in Shenmue 2 are hurting my experience a lot.
Some of the tracks are altered. South Charmain, Green Market , Dragon street , the tomato store theme , among others, are simply TERRIBLE.
Some of the strings and/or synths are too loud, have too much reverb and are also slightly out of tone. I don’t know how could they have screwed this, considering the music in the xbox port was fine.
I hope they fix this

Last edited:
Yeah, he won't mention it that way. Open Ryo's inventory at the counter instead of pressing X to talk. Select and use the winning can. Ryo will place it on the counter then play the raffle.

Yep. I finally figured that part out and got the can to redeem properly. It's a backward way of doing it, IMO, but at least it works. Now all the other bugs listed on the front page for the PS4, yeah, definitely experiencing a lot of them and am hopeful they will be addressed. I really don't want to have to revert back to emulation, which has issues of its own but far fewer than what I've seen with the modern ports.

So a week after the releases and absolutely zero patches on console. Are there people still defending this!? It's a joke tbh. Not even a heads up on when to expect an update

Title: Inverted Camera Settings are Applied Inconsistently
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Controls
Observed Result: Setting the "Invert Y Axis" setting to "yes" only affects the right analog stick whereas all first-person camera controls performed with the left analog stick remain completely uninverted.
Expected Result: The "Invert Y Axis" setting should apply to all camera controls.

Title: Pixelated Textures in the Basement
Category: Graphics
Priority: Low
Observed Result: Saving and reloading the game inside of the hidden basement under the dojo causes all the textures to load without any sort of filtering. Problem is solved by simply leaving the basement.
Expected Result: Textures should appear smooth.

Attachments

• Shenmue_20180826231936.jpg
    Shenmue_20180826231936.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Shenmue_20180826232019.jpg
    Shenmue_20180826232019.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Shenmue_20180826232039.jpg
    Shenmue_20180826232039.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Title: Pixelated Textures in the Basement
Category: Graphics
Priority: Low
Observed Result: Saving and reloading the game inside of the hidden basement under the dojo causes all the textures to load without any sort of filtering. Problem is solved by simply leaving the basement.
Expected Result: Textures should appear smooth.
Wowawiwah

So a week after the releases and absolutely zero patches on console. Are there people still defending this!? It's a joke tbh. Not even a heads up on when to expect an update
Easy there. There’s more involved than them fixing the code and pushing a button, especially on a game like Shenmue.

They’ll need to make sure their fixes don’t impact anything else first, don’t create new bugs of their own, test it internally, then submit it to Sony and Microsoft for approval. I imagine Sony and MS then do their own tests.

It’s only been a week and humans need sleep.

It's a glitch but its quite fascinating how different the game looks without texture filtering. Really shows how much of a big deal bilinear filtering made in graphics rendering.

Gonna try and replicate that glitch on the PC version with the beta patch and see if it's also an issue there.

Last edited:
It's a glitch but its quite fascinating how different the game looks without texture filtering. Really shows how much of a big deal bilinear filtering made in graphics rendering.
Totally. What’s interesting is that even on the DC version there are occasional random textures that aren’t filtered.

To be honest, I kinda don't want them to fix the texture filtering glitch. It's more of a curiosity than anything.

Last edited:
Luckily for me, after I got passed a day or two (in game) after finding the Hazuki residence basement, the glitches have stopped. At least the cut scene ones I was having. There are still a few audio issues here and there but nothing major.

I ran into this soft lock bug while doing the forklift job for the first time. Couldn’t control the forklift and it just kept going into the distance through walls. Also ran into the first person bug before this. Here is the video that I posted on YouTube since I captured it through my PS4.

"as soon as possible" according to d3t's last tweet about it 4 days ago. They also tweeted out that they are hiring for 15 programmer positions, and just hired some new junior QA tester. Its frustrating.

Even though I’m mostly happy about the re release, the audio issues in Shenmue 2 are hurting my experience a lot.
Some of the tracks are altered. South Charmain, Green Market , Dragon street , the tomato store theme , among others, are simply TERRIBLE.
Some of the strings and/or synths are too loud, have too much reverb and are also slightly out of tone. I don’t know how could they have screwed this, considering the music in the xbox port was fine.
I hope they fix this
The fact that they couldn't even get the music right in Shenmue 2 is enough evidence that these developers were not up to the task of porting Shenmue 1 and 2. The music in Shenmue 2 is not a bug; it is how they released it across the board on all platforms. It is a disgrace considering how beautiful the music is in Shenmue 2 and it is integral to the experience. They were clearly too inexperienced to deal with a project as complex as porting Shenmue 1 and 2 but Sega cheapened out and screwed Shenmue fans by giving them the job. How can Shenmue be saved if I still need my Dreamcast to play Shenmue 1 and 2 without bugs and distorted music.

The fact that they couldn't even get the music right in Shenmue 2 is enough evidence that these developers were not up to the task of porting Shenmue 1 and 2. The music in Shenmue 2 is not a bug; it is how they released it across the board on all platforms. It is a disgrace considering how beautiful the music is in Shenmue 2 and it is integral to the experience. They were clearly too inexperienced to deal with a project as complex as porting Shenmue 1 and 2 but Sega cheapened out and screwed Shenmue fans by giving them the job. How can Shenmue be saved if I still need my Dreamcast to play Shenmue 1 and 2 without bugs and distorted music.
As others have said GIVE IT SOME TIME, porting Shenmue I & II to various platforms was a hurculean task in itself, unfortunately the timeframe was probably very short for development so problems were sure to crop up, does it suck yes, but at least these issues can and probably will be fixed in due time so no need to panic just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back