Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we've got Brexit in a couple of weeks...we are truly fucked.

I hate my country so much. Actually...I don't hate my country, I hate the majority of people living in it.

To be honest, I can't hate people for their political beliefs and choices, it's democracy* at the end of the day. But I do profoundly disagree with Brexit and do believe it will be a complete clusterfuck that will inflict economic harm on our country. One of the companies I buy from has had to cease any orders from the EU temporarily, just because we have no idea what's going on, meaning they are already struggling from the pandemic but now they're also having to refuse online EU customers. Also this Government are a bunch of incompetent fuckwits. But yeah, can't hate or be angry at people. I just hope we start to make more political choices I agree with moving forward.

*Not that our democratic system is perfect, there are numerous aspects that can be criticised

Anyways, probably getting a bit political for the Dojo.

To be honest, I can't hate people for their political beliefs and choices, it's democracy* at the end of the day. But I do profoundly disagree with Brexit and do believe it will be a complete clusterfuck that will inflict economic harm on our country. One of the companies I buy from has had to cease any orders from the EU temporarily, just because we have no idea what's going on, meaning they are already struggling from the pandemic but now they're also having to refuse online EU customers. Also this Government are a bunch of incompetent fuckwits. But yeah, can't hate or be angry at people. I just hope we start to make more political choices I agree with moving forward.

*Not that our democratic system is perfect, there are numerous aspects that can be criticised

Anyways, probably getting a bit political for the Dojo.
Yeah, my bad; i'm usually pretty quiet about my politics (i'm kinda center-left), but it just kinda hurts that so many things I believe in or stand for over the last few years have been the opposite of what the majority think. I'm seeing a lot of cruelty these days. Looking back, my comment was pretty aggressive; hate is a strong term and an unpleasant feeling, so I feel bad for saying that. I think I had the coffee jitters this morning haha.

I'm OK with people thinking different to me, i'm just frustrated as to *why*. One friend voted to leave, because her Grandfather fought in WWII. I didn't have the heart to tell her that practically all of our grandparents were probably involved in some way or other. It's just a waste of time and energy trying to understand.

I think i'm also frustrated that Johnson seems to be doing so much wrong and yet he still is in power. In any other instance, he would've been fired or let go months/years ago, yet we're practically rewarding him for his incompetence.

Anyway, i'll shut up and talk about positive things. That there Shenmue game is pretty damn good ain't it? ;)

@bcdcdude Agh I hate it when people romanticise the wars and bring that up as a reason for voting leave. The implication being that those who wanted to remain are "traitors" somehow. Complete nonsense of course. Both my grandfathers fought in the war and whilst both passed away before the vote, I know at least one of them was a staunch supporter of the EU BECAUSE of WWII. And my grandmother, who lived through WWII, voted to remain.

Anyways, I know just how you feel and some days I'm pretty angry too. Hell, sometimes I despair.

I'm 99% certain they introduced a fourth simply to justify keeping us in Tier 3. Dick eds. Proper don't care anymore, I'd rather lick Donald Trump's whinnets off his balding arse crack than put up with this empty void of eternal fuck all for another month.
And that's the reason why the US and your country have had all these issues; follow the goddamn HEALTH rules (not even what's, "mandated by the governing bodies;" just common-sense) and you'll be out of lockdown.

Look at Australia. They did their shit properly and they've been out of lockdown for weeks; when there is a spike in a specific burgh or city, they shut down for 2 weeks, just that burgh or city. And they cooperate. I follow a bunch of Aussies on IG and while half of them constantly whine about lockdown, they follow it to a T.

Idiots here in Southern Ontario have ruined it as well, with a ton of people complaining about lockdowns and how, "their rights are being taken away," even though numbers have skyrocketed (for Ontario standards), in the past few weeks.

If you're a knob-end, you deserve it. Use some common sense and don't **** it up, then things will return to normal.

EDIT* And this is now affecting many lives, outside of contact tracing or those who get the virus; One of my closest friends was FINALLY to come over to my house yesterday, for a nice afternoon. An asshole at his place of employment caught the virus after going to a party and came in after he was tested (like a bellend), only to find out he was positive, a day after he was tested. Well my friend had to get tested and now he has to lockdown until his test result comes back, due to this idiot.

And I can't have him in our house anyways at this point, as my wife has been a severe asthmatic since she was a child, so not only was I put out, it pissed all of us the **** off.

Last edited:
Idiots here in Southern Ontario have ruined it as well, with a ton of people complaining about lockdowns and how, "their rights are being taken away," even though numbers have skyrocketed (for Ontario standards), in the past few weeks.

If you're a knob-end, you deserve it. Use some common sense and don't **** it up, then things will return to normal
It's so frustrating too, we all could have seen this coming. Worst thing is it was all preventable but so many people just don't care and have caused the numbers to skyrocket that past 2ish months that we now arrive at this inevitability where Ford is going to shutdown the province 4 days before Christmas.

I get that following social distancing measures is hard, especially with pressure from family and friends to break them. I've tried my best but even my partner and I have skirted the rules a handful of times over the past 9 months but we have seriously tried our best to stay home as much as possible and take this as seriously as we can. There are a lot of hypocrites I know who pay lip service to treating Covid seriously but then tell me they are going out with their friends every other day and not doing their best to stay home. But there are so many people who just don't care, are out there "living their lives" as if nothing is happening and ruining it for the rest of the population that is trying their best to isolate, social distance, and follow the health guidelines seriously.

I regret to say this but even with the vaccine coming we have another year to year and a half before things go back to normal. Which sucks for me because I was planning to get married last Saturday but I don't know if that will even be realistically possible next year.

Said friend was to get married 2 weeks ago, but moved everything ahead to next year.

All I'm hoping for are numbers to be down-enough, so that there are no issues at hospitals next year; we are going to try to conceive next year and I don't want my already susceptible wife, to risk both her life and pregnancy, having to be in contact with infected/potentially-infected people that are taking over wards at all of the hospitals; at times like these, I wish I lived in a more-rural place, such as Owen Sound or Cornwall or something, as their numbers are super-low and their hospitals have no one in them on a regular day (I needed an emergency antibiotic and steroid IV, to stop a swelling throat, in 2012 when I was in Sauble Beach and the Wireton hospital had more doctors {3} than patients {1; me} in the facility). With a vaccine, hospital numbers will be down for sure, even if total numbers continue to be high.

All of the morons driving up to Barrie for their Christmas shopping too, is a major piss-off; traffic is already congested around the on/off ramps to the 400, but I missed 3 consecutive lights, despite being only 7 cars back yesterday and it is all because non-residents are coming up to shop.

People just don't give a shit, period and their selfishness is what will be the cause of any delayed, "back to normal," activity.

@bcdcdude

The thing about Brexit is most people who voted for it, especially those who are not middle class or particularly wealthy, did so as a protest vote. Just like the people voting for Trump, the hope is giving something a massive shake up would change fortunes somehow.

The people running the country are so out of touch and incompetent it's pushing people to the extremes. Well, that's my thoughts anyway.

Said friend was to get married 2 weeks ago, but moved everything ahead to next year.

All I'm hoping for are numbers to be down-enough, so that there are no issues at hospitals next year; we are going to try to conceive next year and I don't want my already susceptible wife, to risk both her life and pregnancy, having to be in contact with infected/potentially-infected people that are taking over wards at all of the hospitals; at times like these, I wish I lived in a more-rural place, such as Owen Sound or Cornwall or something, as their numbers are super-low and their hospitals have no one in them on a regular day (I needed an emergency antibiotic and steroid IV, to stop a swelling throat, in 2012 when I was in Sauble Beach and the Wireton hospital had more doctors {3} than patients {1; me} in the facility). With a vaccine, hospital numbers will be down for sure, even if total numbers continue to be high.

All of the morons driving up to Barrie for their Christmas shopping too, is a major piss-off; traffic is already congested around the on/off ramps to the 400, but I missed 3 consecutive lights, despite being only 7 cars back yesterday and it is all because non-residents are coming up to shop.

People just don't give a shit, period and their selfishness is what will be the cause of any delayed, "back to normal," activity.
I feel for you and your friend. We were also thinking of planning a baby but with the vaccine coming it might not be a good idea since the effects of the vaccine on pregnancy haven't been tested. Probably best to wait at least 6 months after getting it before trying, but consult with your doctor first either way.

You sum it up in your last sentence. Really is the minority of bad apples ruining it for the rest of us. It's hard these days with the mass amounts of disinformation spreading on social media that even average people are getting confused on what to follow.

Hope you and your wife stay safe and still manage to have a good Christmas the best way you can.

UK post to and from Europe and several countries has been halted.

Great. Fuck's sake. I have two parcels coming from America and one coming from France and it seems like they are now caught in this shit. The one from France certainly is and that should have been coming this week :(

@Truck_1_0_1_ Have you got your copy of Paprium yet? I take it you saw it was released? Mine's now stuck in France until international post to the UK continues.

And that's the reason why the US and your country have had all these issues; follow the goddamn HEALTH rules (not even what's, "mandated by the governing bodies;" just common-sense) and you'll be out of lockdown.
*sigh*

That's just not the way the world works.

I feel for you and your friend. We were also thinking of planning a baby but with the vaccine coming it might not be a good idea since the effects of the vaccine on pregnancy haven't been tested. Probably best to wait at least 6 months after getting it before trying, but consult with your doctor first either way.

You sum it up in your last sentence. Really is the minority of bad apples ruining it for the rest of us. It's hard these days with the mass amounts of disinformation spreading on social media that even average people are getting confused on what to follow.

Hope you and your wife stay safe and still manage to have a good Christmas the best way you can.

You as well, Johnny; make the best of it! :D

UK post to and from Europe and several countries has been halted.

Great. Fuck's sake. I have two parcels coming from America and one coming from France and it seems like they are now caught in this shit. The one from France certainly is and that should have been coming this week :(

@Truck_1_0_1_ Have you got your copy of Paprium yet? I take it you saw it was released? Mine's now stuck in France until international post to the UK continues.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fonzie himself has been in contact with me for the past week and a half, as I was one of the Golden Cartridge winners.

I haven't checked tracking yet, but I would assume it's in the process.

While I did truly never give up hope that it would eventually be released, the whole sitch was ridiculous lol; looks like in the end, he was telling the truth the whole time.
*sigh*

That's just not the way the world works.

I know and it sucks.

But eventually, if enough people do their part, the bad apples won't supersede anything, anymore.

You as well, Johnny; make the best of it! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fonzie himself has been in contact with me for the past week and a half, as I was one of the Golden Cartridge winners.

I haven't checked tracking yet, but I would assume it's in the process.
Yeah, I remember you saying. Congrats, man, hope it turns up soon.

Now the UK is a pariah state and everything going into and out of the country has been stopped, I don't think I'll be getting the game for a long time. Some postal companies are just sending all their UK post back to senders, as they lack the storage capacity, so god knows what's happening with the Paprium parcels that were en route to the UK.

@red Will you be taking the vaccine?

My thoughts, I'm in no particular rush. Never taken the flu shot etc. but that's primarily driven by being young and unlikely to have a serious complications from it. With that said, coronavirus has made me more conscious about being sick amongst more vulnerable people.

The only thing stopping me from getting the vaccine is being too lazy to register and fear of being hit with awful symptoms until the second shot while I’ve not built up any time off. Really just hoping that everyone else get it soon enough that it won’t matter but who can say.

The only thing stopping me from getting the vaccine is being too lazy to register and fear of being hit with awful symptoms until the second shot while I’ve not built up any time off. Really just hoping that everyone else get it soon enough that it won’t matter but who can say.
You couldn't get any COVID symptoms from the vaccine that's been rolled out, it's a different sort. The side-effects - at worst - have been said to be like having a hangover at the same time as the aching feeling you get the day after your first rigorous exercise in three years.

I don't know what it is you do, but speaking with HR and explaining the situation just in case you have to take some time off should cover you if your employer's a twat when it comes to sick days.

FYI my fiancee got both of her shots (got her second last week) and her side effects were really mild. Some soreness in her arm and an inflamed lymph node under arm that lasted for about 2-3 days.

Some of her coworkers did get a mild fever but recovered within 24 hours. Most people who got it had no side effects, other than a bruise in the arm.

@red Will you be taking the vaccine?

My thoughts, I'm in no particular rush. Never taken the flu shot etc. but that's primarily driven by being young and unlikely to have a serious complications from it. With that said, coronavirus has made me more conscious about being sick amongst more vulnerable people.
that's the thing, i'm not sure about it. like most people, i've had lots of Vaccines in the past but i've had them without giving it much thought. the one thing putting me off is that it's a brand new vaccine. i'm in my 30s without any health problems.. do i even need it?

having said that several of my family members have had the covid vaccine without any problems.

I also wonder what is more affective; the vaccine or recovering from the virus. Just in general, with all diseases, would be good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back