So Last of Us 2 is getting dragged all over SNS by Users now that it's out

I can’t imagine how could the game will look and play at smooth 60 FPS. Seriously the animation blending it still head and shoulders above even next-gen titles to date.

Absolutely. They managed to really squeeze every possible drop of performance out of the PS4 for this title. It’s genuinely an amazing feat how smoothly this game runs, especially when you take into account its visual fidelity. I do like the Uncharted franchise, and it was groundbreaking at the time when the first and second (even the third come to think of it) came out, but personally The Last of Us games, including Left Behind, are the pinnacle of ND’s output so far.

I think they are likely upping the visuals alongside the 60fps that everyone is asking for. Might be one of the reasons it’s taking longer than other first party studios have taken releasing their PS5 patches. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like the first LoU remaster for PS4, an exclusive version for the new gen consoles sold as a complete game, not just an upgrade. I’d buy it in a second.

Last edited:
Absolutely. They managed to really squeeze every possible drop of performance out of the PS4 for this title. It’s genuinely an amazing feat how smoothly this game runs, especially when you take into account its visual fidelity. I do like the Uncharted franchise, and it was groundbreaking at the time when the first and second (even the third come to think of it) came out, but personally The Last of Us games, including Left Behind, are the pinnacle of ND’s output so far.

I think they are likely upping the visuals alongside the 60fps that everyone is asking for. Might be one of the reasons it’s taking longer than other first party studios have taken releasing their PS5 patches. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like the first LoU remaster for PS4, an exclusive version for the new gen consoles sold as a complete game, not just an upgrade. I’d buy it in a second.
Is the multiplayer add on official?

Is the multiplayer add on official?

Not as of yet, no.

Edit:

Last time Neil Druckmann mentioned it (last year), he did say that it was coming and to be patient, so I’d very surprised if it has been canned. Apparently it became this huge thing that goes well beyond what Factions was in the first game, so that sounds pretty interesting.

When do you guys think we are going to get the ps5 version? Later this year or maybe next year? I have the game in my collection but never found time to play it yet. Not because of the social Media outrage though. The outrage was too American for me to understand for a puny little European. I am also not upset that a certain violent character found his demise in the game and that we play another character that was responsible for the demise. Violence breed violence. A very good statement from a game. I just did not play the game yet because there were too many other games I had to take care of. But sooner or later I want to play it for sure.

When do you guys think we are going to get the ps5 version? Later this year or maybe next year? I have the game in my collection but never found time to play it yet. Not because of the social Media outrage though. The outrage was too American for me to understand for a puny little European. I am also not upset that a certain violent character found his demise in the game and that we play another character that was responsible for the demise. Violence breed violence. A very good statement from a game. I just did not play the game yet because there were too many other games I had to take care of. But sooner or later I want to play it for sure.

I would be surprised if we don’t see it this year, sooner rather than later. I’ve got the platinum but waiting for the PS5 version to do my Grounded play through.

edit:

Naughty Dog apparently have a few things in the works including a new IP, so it is a bit up in the air. Druckmann and co. have said that they’ll share things when they’re ready and not before, so we’ll see.

I heard that TLoU2's story is what the internet community would like to refer to as "woke", so I'll give it a miss.

My friend jokingly referred to the game as The Lust of Anus: Number Two because of a particular scene, haha.
There’s nothing “woke” about the game unless you believe a particular brand of idiot online. Unless having realistic characters is considered woke.

I wasn't that much of a fan of the first game, so my point still stands.

As for story driven games, I prefer David Cage's titles.

Not wanting to play the game is anyone’s own decision obviously but using the argument that the game is “woke” or “sjw” or “agenda driven” usually falls apart as soon as you ask the people making that argument to name some examples. I’ve found that a large part of people who make these assumptions and use it as an argument against the game have never played it and are simply regurgitating something they saw or read online. In this very thread there are umpteen assumptions that are complete fabrications. It’s funny because Shenmue itself has been a victim of very similar hyberbole so it’s somewhat ironic to see fans of Shenmue engage in similar behaviour that they normally condemn (I am not making this a personal attack on you btw, just something I’ve most definitely noticed).

So you not wanting to play the game is your own business and I completely respect that, but if your point is because it’s “woke” then I’m afraid your initial point doesn’t actually stand.

(I am not making this a personal attack on you btw, just something I’ve most definitely noticed).

I feel the same. I'm too old for tit for tat in online communities - especially over computer games.

So you not wanting to play the game is your own business and I completely respect that, but if your point is because it’s “woke” then I’m afraid your initial point doesn’t actually stand.

I'll rephrase what I originally said: The series didn't grab me with the initial game, so I don't care for TLoU. I will acknowledge that the sequel sold very well.

Incidentally, I played games with gay main protagonists (Sorey in Tales of Zesteria). I've never been bothered over things like that.

If I dislike a computer game series, I leave it alone. I don't need to review bomb it because someone like The Quartering ranted about said series on youtube.

Last edited:
I feel the same. I'm too old for tit for tat in online communities - especially over computer games.

I'll rephrase what I originally said: The series didn't grab me with the initial game, so I don't care for TLoU. I will acknowledge that the sequel sold very well.

Incidentally, I played games with gay main protagonists (Sorey in Tales of Zesteria). I've never been bothered over things like that.

If I dislike a computer game series, I leave it alone. I don't need to review bomb it because someone like The Quartering ranted about said series on youtube.

Spot on mate. 👍

Has anyone seen those videos of The Quartering? He acted as if this game ruined his life.

Of course, it's all part of his grift to cash in on the alt right lot. I just can't see him feeling any genuine resentment.

I don't follow channels like his. I have better things to do than to peddle anger every day.

I wasn't that much of a fan of the first game, so my point still stands.

As for story driven games, I prefer David Cage's titles.
I'd say TLOU2's agenda is to simply depress the living fuck out of the player until they have no will to live leading them down the path of grabbing a hand gun and blowing out their brains...or maybe I'm being a tad too dark here. ;)

Has anyone seen those videos of The Quartering? He acted as if this game ruined his life.

Of course, it's all part of his grift to cash in on the alt right lot. I just can't see him feeling any genuine resentment.

I don't follow channels like his. I have better things to do than to peddle anger every day.
Not the video about Last of US2 but youtube recommend one video of that guy and I checked it out for about 50 seconds then left.

that guy is a clown that uses video games as clickbait for spreading his political bs. Like many so called gaming or popular culture youtubers this guy is fake. They use nice media for politics.

A very widespread problem on youtube. that made me quite gaming youtuber altogether.

the only gaming releated content on youtube I ramin consuming are some lets player and the official news channels.

such people are clowns. It is completely legit not to like a game. But telling that the whole world and trying to convince people to hate the game too is childish.

If I do not like a game leave the series alone just like you do it. I am not interested in spoiling the joy some people have with a game that I do not like.

I watched one of his Star Wars videos before I knew who the guy was and never, ever clicked on his uploads again. This guy and Geeks and Gamers are just horrendous and use faux outrage to cash in. The worst.

He’s said before that he doesn’t believe the things he says in his videos. So take that as you will.

Back