5 tips for starting your Shenmue journey

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
SegaEurope just randomly released a video on Shenmue, it’s a beginner’s guide of sorts for new Shenmue players, voiced by Adam Koralik and Corey Marshall. It’s basically an abridged version of Segalacious’ video “Why Shenmue Was Always Good”. Not sure why it was uploaded so out of the blue, but it’s very neat nonetheless. Check it out:

SegaEurope just randomly released a video on Shenmue, it’s a beginner’s guide of sorts for new Shenmue players, voiced by Adam Koralik and Corey Marshall. It’s basically an abridged version of Segalacious’ video “Why Shenmue Was Always Good”. Not sure why it was uploaded so out of the blue, but it’s very neat nonetheless. Check it out:
Maybe because it’s on sale at the moment? It’s currently on sale through Steam and PSN Thanks to the Golden Week sales. So maybe a way to get some out of the blue sales?

This is the type of video that should have been made when the collection was first released though. That was way more informative of what Shenmue actually is as opposed to any of the marketing videos they put out when the collection first released.

Randomly !? A video on Shenmue !? Why; if the re-release was in 2018 !? That's a bit suspicious !?

Good video. I wouldn't read too much into it given there's been a few sales on recently with Shenmue in it. Could have been a good opportunity and they went for it.

Either way this would have gone nicely back in 2018.

What a lovely surprise! If nothing else, it shows that Sega are taking Shenmue more seriously than prior-2015. Not sure how much to take away from the Space Harrier/Shenmue symbolism, but it was a pretty sweet thing.

Only 650 views when I saw it just now, but hopefully some people will be curious!!

Sega Europe just really loves shenmue lol

Good video. I wouldn't read too much into it given there's been a few sales on recently with Shenmue in it. Could have been a good opportunity and they went for it.

The Shenmue re-releases were in 2018 and now they launch a Shenmue promotional video in 2021.

So, 2 + 0 = 2 + 2 = 4 + 1 = 5 + 2 = 7 + 0 = 7 + 1 = 8 + 8 = 16

Square root of 16 = 4

Shenmue 4

So dont tell me I'm reading too much into it, because i now how to decode a secret message when I see one.

Yeah, exactly. I didn’t wanna be the guy that went “RaNdOm ViDeO? ShAmPoO 4 CoNfIrMeD?!”, I know there’s someone out there who’s like that, haha!

I was involved directly with the making of this video. Hope you all like it!
Here is an aggregation of the social media posts when it went live:
How so, out of curiosity? Always nice to see official Shenmue content, just a bit out of the blue.

Another nice thing is that apart from one or two, every comment has been positive. That's very nice!

sega is probably working towards bring shenmue to the nintendo switch.
That would be great. There were heavy rumours about that in 2019, so much so we had prepared artwork for our socials.

Then it all vanished.

That would be great. There were heavy rumours about that in 2019, so much so we had prepared artwork for our socials.

Then it all vanished.
i don't know why sega wouldn't try and do it? shenmue1/2 re-release is nintendo friendly (not violent / ideal for younger gamers) and it would no doubt still make some money for sega?

No sense questioning anything Sega does after bungling western Shenmue--if not since botched Saturn in the west... who the fuck knows

sega is probably working towards bring shenmue to the nintendo switch.
I would love the Shenmue games on Switch. All these developer talks about Shenmue needing to chase bigger audiences and yet there's one big fat audience right there that Shenmue hasn't explored yet.

I would love the Shenmue games on Switch. All these developer talks about Shenmue needing to chase bigger audiences and yet there's one big fat audience right there that Shenmue hasn't explored yet.
Completly agree with you.
Nintendo fans are much more keen in playing indie games and titles that aren't mainstream.
Besides Shenmue 1 & 2 hd has that retro feel that fits perfectly among nintendo's game catalog and I'm sure Shenmue fans wouldn't mind rebuying it on the switch just to have the pleasure to replay it in a portable system.

Back