Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Interesting to see that maybe the original plan for one of Ryo and Longqi Ge's fights was going to be on the Great Wall. In my opinion, maybe Yu Suzuki wanted to make Shenmue III a bigger game, maybe he wanted to work more on the game but he had to release the game due to some schedule or something like that. If I remember correctly Shenmue III was delayed 2 or 3 times.

Rwnq09k.gif

This is a promotional image of the game. I feel that the original Yu Suzuki plan was for the game to end in Baisha or somewhere else, i don't know but i feel that Yu Suzuki had to cut a lot of things, Baisha isn't in the game.

great-wall.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see that maybe the original plan for one of Ryo and Longqi Ge's fights was going to be on the Great Wall. In my opinion, maybe Yu Suzuki wanted to make Shenmue III a bigger game, maybe he wanted to work more on the game but he had to release the game due to some schedule or something like that. If I remember correctly Shenmue III was delayed 2 or 3 times.

View attachment 11677

This is a promotional image of the game. I feel that the original Yu Suzuki plan was for the game to end in Baisha or somewhere else, i don't know but i feel that Yu Suzuki had to cut a lot of things, Baisha isn't in the game.

View attachment 11678
I believe that Yu Suzuki's original plan was to end Shenmue 3 in the Cliff Temple; because that is what we see in the Scroll that Ryo and Shenhua find in the Bell tower and most likely Ryo's fight with the leader of the Red Snakes was the Chiyoumen trying to stop Ryo, Shenhua and Ren from reaching it.

Sad to see that Yu Suzuki had to cut all of this things. 😢

Looks like the name of this character is Ming Ming and she appeared in one kickstarter update video.

Mingmingart.jpg

I found this "Now confirmed as Ming Ming (08/07), a new character! "One of the more appealing characters...whose story will tie up with Ryo's"

r6ClFw8.png

白沙間欠泉 (Geyser in Baisha, Yu Suzuki's Twitter)

CKAv-6BVEAA1mpo.jpg

バイシャ炭焼き小屋 (Charcoal Maker, Baisha, Yu Suzuki's Twitter)

CJ3hopVUEAAYzh_.jpg

Baisha Concept Design (KS Update Video Screenshot)

oLE9SUD.jpg

Ryo stakes out Chi-You-Men compound (Famitsu Scan)

YLMNhG7.png

They reached the Stretch Goals, right? so i really don't know why Baisha was cut of the game.

Stretch Goals.png

As i creator myself i feel sad for what happened to Yu Suzuki, he had to cut a lot of things in the games, compromised his vision for the story and more, i'm even writing a thread called "Shenmue: A Slow pace story" to talk about this things, the pacing of the story, what Shenmue is in my opinion and much more.

Yu Suzuki: Baisha will show off what Shenmue 3 is all about.

Sad to see that we didn't saw Ming Ming, sad to see that we didn't saw Baisha. Well... maybe in Shenmue IV.

BaishaShenmue3.png

The Legend Of Akira.png

I hope that one day he release The Legend Of Akira Original books/scripts for the fans, this way i think we can see his original vision, if he wants he can do that when he finish Shenmue in game format.

I hope that Yu Suzuki can have the opportunity to make Shenmue IV and V and finish the saga this way, i say 2 more games because is really hard for him to have more opportunities, so maybe ending in V will be the best but only Yu Suzuki knows the answer for this. I have hope that Shenmue IV will happen, in my opinion i think the Shenmue Series is in a better place now, we will even have a anime. All i know is that i will support Yu Suzuki.

I believe that Yu Suzuki's original plan was to end Shenmue 3 in the Cliff Temple; because that is what we see in the Scroll that Ryo and Shenhua find in the Bell tower and most likely Ryo's fight with the leader of the Red Snakes was the Chiyoumen trying to stop Ryo, Shenhua and Ren from reaching it.
I agree with you, the original plan to end Shenmue III was probably in the Cliff Temple, but Baisha was gonna be in the game so i don't know where Baisha would fit in the game, Baisha would be before Niaowu or after? i really don't know but it is interesting to think about where Baisha would fit in Shenmue III.

Wtf

oh I’m guessing it doesn’t actually say “shenmue 3” rather something else “3.” Can’t read Japanese but that doesn’t look like the characters I have seen...

Wtf

oh I’m guessing it doesn’t actually say “shenmue 3” rather something else “3.” Can’t read Japanese but that doesn’t look like the characters I have seen...

I can read some things in japanese, this is Toripikaruzu 3. I think in english is Tropicals 3.

This looks like Chobu Chan.

Last edited:
I did this really quick just to see the similarities and differences between the two.

In one part we have Remon, Remon-chan or lemon in english, and on the other part we have Chobu Chan.
😊

Remon chan and Chobu Chan.png

They represents the fruits Watermelon, lemon, blueberry, mango and the last one i think is Ichijiku, i don’t know much about the last one.

item69_m.png

EKDZcOOUYAIEc1u.jpg

I want to collect this.

Toy capsules... 100 yen each, huh? This is cool (Voice of Ryo)

Last edited:
I did this really quick just to see the similarities and differences between the two.

In one part we have Remon, Remon-chan or lemon in english, and on the other part we have Chobu Chan.
😊

View attachment 11698

They represents the fruits Watermelon, lemon, blueberry, mango and the last one i think is Ichijiku, i don’t know much about the last one.

View attachment 11699

View attachment 11700

I want to collect this.

Toy capsules... 100 yen each, huh? This is cool (Voice of Ryo)
Fruit themed Choubu-chans... I think I like this a little too much.

On his to the Cliff Temple Ryo finds a Martial Arts Master playing a Bamboo Flute.
-Traveler stay and listen to a song.

Does anyone know if the weather in S3 is random or date specified? I want to create a save specifically for a rainy day without progressing the game, can I save before sleeping then keep reloading the save until it's rainy next day?

Okay tried to reload the same save 40 times and it was always sunny the next day. I guess weather in S3 is fixed. Kinda sad that the game itself has hardly been discussed nearly just a year and a half after the release.

Okay tried to reload the same save 40 times and it was always sunny the next day. I guess weather in S3 is fixed. Kinda sad that the game itself has hardly been discussed nearly just a year and a half after the release.
It’s possible that it’s random and just doesn’t rain very often. I played through the game three times and only remember it raining a handful of times.

Is there a comprehensive list of music that was completely brand new for Shenmue 3? Like not previously released or heard from the Shenmue Online OST?

Been listening to soundtrack on Spotify and I can’t remember if songs like; Paying a call to Stonemason, Mothers wish, Reap the Whirlwind were heard before.

I never bothered to try but I assume it does what is Shenmue 3's bad ending? Also what day does the game end on?

Back