Anime.

Have you've also seen the Ashita no Joe series which Megalobox is a spiritual homage throwback?
Yes, I also have the entire manga. Joe and Jose's relationship in the manga and anime are very different. In the manga, it's much more antagonastic. Plus, the Joe and Carlos fight is also different in the manga. In the anime, they have a brutal and yet clean fight, but in the manga, they fouled the hell out of each other.

If anyone haven't seen yet there is an interesting 4 part documentary on Miyazaki, titled "10 Years with Hayao MIyazaki" on NHK site https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/program/video/10yearshayaomiyazaki/?type=tvEpisode&
It is free with subtitles for 11 languages including English.

The only complaint I have is that NHK got this weird video player that for some reason, for me, defaults to the lowest possible quality so I have to wait until it switches to HD because I can't do it manually.

Yesteday I digitally purchased and watched the latest City Hunter Movie from 2019

And as old fan I was really pleased. It was a cool movie and it was toned down to please the new age western morality standards. The old 80s vibe was perfectly brought int into the 21 fist century. Saeba is even using modern day tech for his Mokkori shenanigans. The sene is just hilarious. I cannot tell more about because I do not want to spoil it for the people that want to watch the movie.

Akira Kamiya nailed Ryo perfectly despite the the long time he has not played the role.

The only drawback is the art style. It is not bad by any means but I prefer the old art Style from first 2 Seasons of the Anime.

I would recommend the film to any City Hunter fan and also to fans of action/comedy anime in general.

That must cost a pretty penny. UFO table limited edition BD is sold at premium prices. How are the artbook and curated OST quality?
It was not any more expensive than the previous two limited editions I ordered. The artbook has a standard hardcover but the prints on the inside are higher quality than your proverbial stock paper. As for the music, it is what you expect from the Fate franchise, high-quality ethereal songs with a haunting choir similar to Yuki Kajiura, Kalafina, and Yoko Kanno.

On a side note, I saw an episode of Exiled From Paradise that you recommended to me. Honestly, I will pass on the series because I do not like this blend of three-dimensional computer-generated imagery trying to mimic authentic two-dimensional hand-drawn animations. The blend looks completely unnatural and what has turned me off from shows like Berserk, Blassreiter, Golgo XIII: The Professional, and Knights of Sidonia. Thank you for the recommendation though.

@Truck_1_0_1_ Since you are a huge SEGA fan, I would recommend you try out SEHA Girls. This lighthearted series has so much fanservice that would appeal to anyone who is a hardcore SEGA fan.

It was not any more expensive than the previous two limited editions I ordered. The artbook has a standard hardcover but the prints on the inside are higher quality than your proverbial stock paper. As for the music, it is what you expect from the Fate franchise, high-quality ethereal songs with a haunting choir similar to Yuki Kajiura, Kalafina, and Yoko Kanno.

On a side note, I saw an episode of Exiled From Paradise that you recommended to me. Honestly, I will pass on the series because I do not like this blend of three-dimensional computer-generated imagery trying to mimic authentic two-dimensional hand-drawn animations. The blend looks completely unnatural and what has turned me off from shows like Berserk, Blassreiter, Golgo XIII: The Professional, and Knights of Sidonia. Thank you for the recommendation though.
I was just giving you more Urobuchi works recc since you've taken a liking to him. No worry. Did thunderbolt Fantasy also got a similar pass too?

ANd Yea, I've always wanted to get a limited Edition of the Heaven's feel trilogy but man I'm too broke atm and the economy situation with the whole pandemic isn't freeing up any spare funds for me. :(

I was just giving you more Urobuchi works recc since you've taken a liking to him. No worry. Did thunderbolt Fantasy also get a similar pass too?

And Yea, I've always wanted to get a limited Edition of the Heaven's feel trilogy but man I'm too broke atm and the economic situation with the whole pandemic isn't freeing up any spare funds for me. :(
I am honestly sorry to hear that and I sympathize with you. Also, I apologize if I came across as ungrateful to your recommendations. I do enjoy your ardent enthusiasm for anime and Japanese culture. As for Thunderbolt Fantasy, no I have not seen it yet but I will let you know when I do.

I am honestly sorry to hear that and I sympathize with you. Also, I apologize if I came across as ungrateful to your recommendations. I do enjoy your ardent enthusiasm for anime and Japanese culture. As for Thunderbolt Fantasy, no I have not seen it yet but I will let you know when I do.
Thnx. And don't sweat it, no offense taken. And sure do, thunderbolt fantasy is def Gen Urobchi's...out of the box works. :3 Besides writing for a super-hero(?) Live action.:whistle:

here's two of the creator's other series if you want expanded lore & cameos across his works.

Rave Masters:

Eden Zero:

Yes! I believe Eden Zero he started recently, after Fairy Tail ended, IIRC.

@Truck_1_0_1_ Since you are a huge SEGA fan, I would recommend you try out SEHA Girls. This lighthearted series has so much fanservice that would appeal to anyone who is a hardcore SEGA fan.

YES! I've known about it for years (the dolls/plushes showed up on eBay from time to time) and I think I should give it a gander... so little time for so many things in life! :(

Btw, If anyone is interested/curios here's some anime recc about the bread and butter of the industry's many subculture. The story/characters are embellished for drama/plot reasons, but the circumstances and scenarios are all good true to life general representation of the industry's inner workings.

Games:

Comics:

Voice acting:

Anime:

Pop Idols:

Conventions/Doujins:

Light_novels:

Novels/Novellas:

Eroges-VNs(mature 18+):

Ero-comics(mature 18+)

Back