Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

If the original announcement is to be taken at face value, the CD set should still be available at a later date through general distribution anyway. Personally, I remembered that yesterday was the last day but I decided not to go for it. It should be available later on, unless they were just completely full of shit about the "general distribution" thing. And I didn't like the idea of paying Limited Run Games $50 right now for something that won't ship for another 3-5 months, especially when I'm not even allowed to cancel my pre-order during those 3-5 months if I so choose.

Yeah, it'll kind of suck if it turns out not to be available through general distribution in the future, but I don't know why they would just make something like that up.

Big Wax in the EU seem to still be doing them if you're still after a CD. Not sure if they ship to US though

Wow, I completely ******-up and forgot that yesterday was the deadline for the 6 CDs... I'm so pissed at myself :mad:
It might be a pickle importing from France, but it's still available via Bigwax :)

Edit - didn't realise there was another page after reading this. My bad!

Haven't checked this for a while. Site says it's in production and will ship in Q2.

Production Status: In Production
Estimated Ship Date: Q2 2021

Haven't checked this for a while. Site says it's in production and will ship in Q2.

Production Status: In Production
Estimated Ship Date: Q2 2021
Sounds about right. I think the LP has been delayed to ship in July... I'll have to find the post about it.

Reminder that if you ordered the soundtracks with the collectors edition, it won't ship out until everything is ready.

So, today is now marking 7 months since the preorders opened (and I placed mine) and we still got nothing more than "Q2 2021". That will be over in just a handful of days and I have a pretty strong hunch that they won't make it. Needless to say this is a very disappointing experience.

I know... circumstances have been/are bad. But couldn't they at least send some honest apologies directly to the buyers? I personaly feel that they some extra goodie or a small rebate would be in line to make up for it by this point.

So, today is now marking 7 months since the preorders opened (and I placed mine) and we still got nothing more than "Q2 2021". That will be over in just a handful of days and I have a pretty strong hunch that they won't make it. Needless to say this is a very disappointing experience.

I know... circumstances have been/are bad. But couldn't they at least send some honest apologies directly to the buyers? I personaly feel that they some extra goodie or a small rebate would be in line to make up for it by this point.
All of the vinyls say August so I wouldn't be surprised if the collectors edition is scheduled for August as well.

Iโ€™m pretty sure this is pretty standard for LRG unfortunately. Having said that, I did get an update about production for the Scott Pilgrim edition I bought so I would hope to hear something from them relatively soon re. our S3 orders.

I figured they would have posted a picture of the dagger by now to show us what it looks like.

At some point you can't blame covid for production issues. This was put together and sold during covid so surely they would have accounted for production times with covid in mind.

I'm surprised it's taken anyone else this long to mention it on here because I think about it all the time. I really want that cd set and I'm curious what the collector's edition looks like.

At some point you can't blame covid for production issues. This was put together and sold during covid so surely they would have accounted for production times with covid in mind.

Has anyone from LRG (or elsewhere), mentioned covid in relation to this?

Covid has been affecting production/manufacture to cargo/distribution and everything in between.

You most definitely can blame COVID still and most certainly understandable to miss a target release date

Covid has been affecting production/manufacture to cargo/distribution and everything in between.

You most definitely can blame COVID still and most certainly understandable to miss a target release date
If they had done that, at least there'd be a stated reason. Rather than us assuming that the almost missed ship date is due to that when it could be any number of issues. But the lack of communication is the problem here. Even if they say something now, it is still a tad too late since fiscal Q2 ends in ten days.

This sort of covers some of it. Certainly from the LP set perspective and I bet many of us ordered everything in one bunch.

That said if they were a little more open on what was going on then I'm sure it would help.

Last edited:
Back