General Virtua Fighter Talk

Had a nice quick five with @code l name last night. I thought the connection was pretty good from UK to Canada.

Here's a terrffic edited video by Desk highlighting all the different character styles

Thanks man, even though you were going easy I had a lot of fun and continue to have a blast playing this online.

I didn’t realize until later there was context sensitive animations related to barriers and edge of stages but some of those throw and counter animations are still extremely impressive.

I'll try and get a room up tomorrow evening (Saturday 26th). The details are as follows

Time
10PM GMT UK Time
3PM PST Time
8AM AU Time

Winner stays on

Anyone who is interested, post your playstation ID in this thread or the lobby thread, and I'll add you to our Virtua fighter Shenmue playstation group

Install the playstation app on your phone. It makes voice chat and text chat easier

If you have any suggestions, let me know

Fight on

I'll try and get a room up tomorrow evening (Saturday 26th). The details are as follows

Time
10PM GMT UK Time
3PM PST Time
8AM AU Time

Winner stays on

Anyone who is interested, post your playstation ID in this thread or the lobby thread, and I'll add you to our Virtua fighter Shenmue playstation group

Install the playstation app on your phone. It makes voice chat and text chat easier

If you have any suggestions, let me know

Fight on

So Sunday 8am time for me?

yep :)

That all good?
I'll try to make it.

Interesting thing, I'm in a room with a couple of 1 bars right now and its working...yet the other day when I tried @code l name we had no luck what so ever and thought it may have been due to the lack of bars....weird.

Anyways I'll try to participate tomorrow even if its just as a spectator or what not

I got to say...for a bunch of one bars...this room is holding up pretty nicely that I'm in right now. Maybe there is luck for tomorrow in me joining you guys :)

Also I'm tied 5 wins a piece with a Japanese Akira player :)

looks like we have to postpone the room match until tomorrow, Sunday evening. Looks like Saturday is a busy day for everyone

Been trying to pick up Pai....I figure its time after being a Xiaoyu player for so long. While they do share some similarities, I have to remember they still play quite differently.

Been trying to pick up Pai....I figure its time after being a Xiaoyu player for so long. While they do share some similarities, I have to remember they still play quite differently.
Good to see you using pai. Thinking of going back to her soon. I'm very curious about Lau. Haven't touched him yet.

Does anyone know why he looks so old? Wasn't he young in VF3? He looks like he's gotten sick or something

You guys talking about Up+X? I tend to overdo it and Kage frequently lands on his head.

Some of the music in the new VF is outstanding. My personal favorite is still VF3, but this new one has some great tracks

I may have to buy that new physical OST soundtrack

Jacky's city stage is the one for me. That track goes HARD.

I'm not a big fan overall of the VF4 music, Evo especially, but I really like this theme from VF4 on Kage's stage

Last edited:
I was browsing the rooms the other day and saw the #1 rated Pai user in the world in a private room. I nearly fainted. Imagine the destruction. Level 43 or 44 it looked like.

Back