S1&2 trying to inject upscaled texture...

Currently playing
shenmue III
Hello, I was looking at what has been done in mods since I checked last time and my favorite is a really nice textures environment mod.
Unfortunately the low resolution of the characters really stand out beside the hd scenery so I wanted to at least try an upscale of them.

Since I didn't understand much how to extract textures I used the "mipmap texture pack" for special K and tried some upscale on a clothes texture.
But I also don't understand much how to inject texture, I tried to replace the one I used in the "mipmap texture pack" but it don't work.

Hello, I was looking at what has been done in mods since I checked last time and my favorite is a really nice textures environment mod.
Unfortunately the low resolution of the characters really stand out beside the hd scenery so I wanted to at least try an upscale of them.

Since I didn't understand much how to extract textures I used the "mipmap texture pack" for special K and tried some upscale on a clothes texture.
But I also don't understand much how to inject texture, I tried to replace the one I used in the "mipmap texture pack" but it don't work.
There's the Streamer 2k mods at this link here which only require forklift and not Special K.

It does Ryos jacket and jeans too.

Hello and thank you.
Yes it is the textures environment mod I was talking about, but it don't touch the npc and that's why I would like to inject some upscaled textures for them, but as I said before I don't understand much the tools provided to do it.

Original texture x4 resized to match the upscaled textures size :
0A330D42 resize.png

Upscaled texture x4 without noise filter :
0A330D42 upscale noise none.png

Upscaled texture x4 with noise filter :
0A330D42 upscale noise highest.png

I tried two x2 upscales to see if it could improve the material by doing a first without noise filter and second with noise filter, but it don't change enough from the "x4 upscale without noise filter".
I could also try to mix both x4 upscales and play with the alpha of the "without noise filter" on top of the "with noise filter" to bring back some lost details ?

Last edited:
Back