General Virtua Fighter Talk

Was he doing that "belly bounce"-type move? I got fucked by that once too. I had no idea what to do. I assume I needed to do some sort of quick evade and quickly counter. Unfortunately, either lag or my horrible reflexes refused to cooperate.

I sort of flatlined at 7th Dan with Kage-Maru. I think he might not actually be my character. Every time I try out another character my win/loss ratio is significantly better than with Kage. No idea why I like that stupid guy so much. The Kung Fu monk seems like a really fun character to master. I love how he goes into a new pose when you kick. You can sense the complexity.
Pretty much, and then flor and some stomps and there you go 40% of your life bar

HOLY SHIT! I actually finally pulled off some parries in VF2 with Pai today!

I went back to Yakuza 7 today and decided to stop by the arcade to try my luck with Pai in VF2. I was never much of a Pai player in VF2. Could never get the hang of her in VF2. Could never time her parries, could never pull off half of her throws, just could not get the hang of her in VF2 no matter how much I've played that game over the years. Pai always alluded me in that game.

So I always stuck with Sarah and Shun Di in VF2 as those were the two I wouldn't say mastered but knew how to do the most with and get the most out of.

But wanted to try out Pai and see if I could finally pull off a parry with her. I actually managed to pull off 3 or 4 different parries with her. I feel proud. New accomplishment.

The timing in VF2 against the AI is a bitch in general as the AI in that game just reads every damn input you put in and counters it so I felt pretty proud that I was finally able to pull off some parries today with Pai in VF2.

I haven't really been back to VF5 US as much as I would have liked. Work got in the way mostly. Maybe this weekend I'll jump back into Ranked and play some more. I still kind of have a yearning to go and learn Aoi proper. Just because her counters and parries look amazing.

New patch today has completely busted ranked. It can't find anything and when it does the connections are worse than launch day bad. Constant freezes and hiccups. I'm dropping this. What a mess

New patch today has completely busted ranked. It can't find anything and when it does the connections are worse than launch day bad. Constant freezes and hiccups. I'm dropping this. What a mess
Oh damn. That bad yeah?

You’d think Sega of Japan would know to listen to Sega of America after this many failures… They’ve been kicking themselves in the face for decades now, while SOA does anything it can to talk sense into them.

I have been playing OK today except one match

I don’t know if it’s my connection but having a lot more connection issues of late. Still enjoying this but need to learn and add more moves to my repertoire as Pai.

I've topped out at Veteran - The losses smash the bar and the wins don't fill it back up quick enough. Yo-Yoing around 26-28 for the last few weeks now, which is fine by me. The newest patch has either affected the matchmaking or the playerbase has cratered - if it's a green connection, it's the same person every time. Likewise for Yellow etc, you can work out who you'll fight based on the colours. I find it hard to believe it's just the same 3-4 people playing in my area and it's not a netcode fault.

Look at that flipkick damage. Disgusting. Not as disgusting as slipping that flying kick finish though :D

I've topped out at Veteran - The losses smash the bar and the wins don't fill it back up quick enough. Yo-Yoing around 26-28 for the last few weeks now, which is fine by me. The newest patch has either affected the matchmaking or the playerbase has cratered - if it's a green connection, it's the same person every time. Likewise for Yellow etc, you can work out who you'll fight based on the colours. I find it hard to believe it's just the same 3-4 people playing in my area and it's not a netcode fault.

Look at that flipkick damage. Disgusting. Not as disgusting as slipping that flying kick finish though :D
Yeah i hear you about the netcode. Its still working good but i do run into the same people more frequently.

Jacky and especially lei fei are braindead

There's some hinting and deep dive speculation that VFUS may have reached 8m total DL and is acknowledge to be still uprising in DL. Harada is feeling the pressure cuz Tekken is currently only around 8m(therefore already surpassing T7) and if it can pull off another 2m it'll reach MK numbers.

7-14-2021 4-30-39 AM.png

For a decade old entry, this is crazy numbers.:oops:

I've had enough. If you can't beat him, join him

7.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

Easiest wins ive ever got

Shensun out

Goh has a throw that takes 50-60% of your health. So dumb

Really not sure how i feel about this game at the higher levels. A lot of games, Its seems like you spend the round dodging constantly, and the first person to land a hit gets an 70-80%+ damage combo, followed by a 50/50 mix up for the win. Alot of matches seems to be like that. Or you get a braindead jacky or lei fei throwing an infinite combo at you combined with lag which makes it difficult to punish.

Really good game, but has some serious balancing and network problems that hold it back

Last edited:
Back