NIS just made a breakthrough after near bankruptcy

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"

Idk how much familiarity you guys have with this third party and their Ips, but they have some of the most quirky JRPG's/TRPGs/ARPGs on the market. It would of been a shame and quite a loss for gaming so this is great news I wanna help signal boost. Some of their 2D pixel work can even sometime rival Vanilla wares.

Here's a bigger list of localized games:

Here's their steam page if you want:

here's 5 recc series I'd say if you want any pointers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have any of you guys played and/or follow any of their games/IP?:unsure:

Quite honestly their lineup of niche otaku-centric titles do not interest me much. I am aware of Ar Tonelico, Disgaea, Mana Khemia, Criminal Girls, Neptunia, Legend of the Heroes, YIII's, etc, and I have not enjoyed any of them. No disrespect to the hard-working developers, but I found Trinity Universe to be a cheap game.

Ironically, the only titles of theirs I have any interest in are created by other developers such as Vanillaware.

Quite honestly their lineup of niche otaku-centric titles do not interest me much. I am aware of Ar Tonelico, Disgaea, Mana Khemia, Criminal Girls, Neptunia, Legend of the Heroes, YIII's, etc, and I have not enjoyed any of them. No disrespect to the hard-working developers, but I found Trinity Universe to be a cheap game.

Ironically, the only titles of theirs I have any interest in are created by other developers such as Vanillaware.
NIS didn't make The Legend of Heroes or the Ys series, their American division just publishes them in the west.

understandable, but if it'd help to give them another chance, they have started to break out of thier comfort zone and do more narrative-driven, some-arcadey, and vanillaware-esque styles of games.

Arcadey-esque games:

Narrative-driven:

Vanillaware-esque games:

these are just the one's I'd recc, but they're really trying to shake up the formula.

Played all of the Trails of Cold Steel games of which they published part 3 and 4 over here in the PAL region. Absolutely loved all of them. Will also buy Trails to Zero, Trails to Azure and Trails into Reverie which NIS have announced for a Western release like a week ago.

Happy to see this publisher doing well.

Played all of the Trails of Cold Steel games of which they published part 3 and 4 over here in the PAL region. Absolutely loved all of them. Will also buy Trails to Zero, Trails to Azure and Trails into Reverie which NIS have announced for a Western release like a week ago.

Happy to see this publisher doing well.
Hey, since you really liked the trails series, have you've played their predecessor games that's also been localized already?

1627023595001.png

1627023537822.png

1627023648529.png

I apologize if my previous post came off a bit harsh as that was not my intention. I am also going to preface this response respectfully as possible. I honestly do appreciate your sincerity and enthusiasm with Japanese media. However, I am going to have to be a bit harsh here as well.

I have given Nippon Ichi Software enough chances over the years and I just do not care anymore. I can not count how many of their titles have been censored or have game-breaking bugs or glitches. I also do not like their heavy-handed translations.

Secondly, I am at a point in my life where I am trying to balance between a minimalistic lifestyle and what I decide to add. The number of video games at my disposal requires a significant amount of time towards mastery. Therefore, I do not have the luxury of adding a glut of new titles to my list which would seriously overwhelm me.

Thirdly, their otaku-centric titles simply do not appeal to me at all. I know what I like and they do not offer it. I guess I should mention when I was referring to "Vanillaware" I should have stated I was a fan of George Kamitani's artwork. Also, anything they do offer I can find a superior title. For example, why should I devote my time to Assault Spy when Devil May Cry is in my opinion a superior and more polished title? Novelty for novelty's sake does not make something great. Said novelty still has to have high quality like Ori, Sonic Mania, Lost Soul Aside, etc.

So once again, thank you for your enthusiasm and sincerity. However, I will pass on your recommendations as I do have my boundaries. I hope that my post did not come off as too harsh.

I apologize if my previous post came off a bit harsh as that was not my intention. I am also going to preface this response respectfully as possible. I honestly do appreciate your sincerity and enthusiasm with Japanese media. However, I am going to have to be a bit harsh here as well.

I have given Nippon Ichi Software enough chances over the years and I just do not care anymore. I can not count how many of their titles have been censored or have game-breaking bugs or glitches. I also do not like their heavy-handed translations.

Secondly, I am at a point in my life where I am trying to balance between a minimalistic lifestyle and what I decide to add. The number of video games at my disposal requires a significant amount of time towards mastery. Therefore, I do not have the luxury of adding a glut of new titles to my list which would seriously overwhelm me.

Thirdly, their otaku-centric titles simply do not appeal to me at all. I know what I like and they do not offer it. I guess I should mention when I was referring to "Vanillaware" I should have stated I was a fan of George Kamitani's artwork. Also, anything they do offer I can find a superior title. For example, why should I devote my time to Assault Spy when Devil May Cry is in my opinion a superior and more polished title? Novelty for novelty's sake does not make something great. Said novelty still has to have high quality like Ori, Sonic Mania, Lost Soul Aside, etc.

So once again, thank you for your enthusiasm and sincerity. However, I will pass on your recommendations as I do have my boundaries. I hope that my post did not come off as too harsh.
it's abit regrettable, but nonetheless it's fine no worries.

hypothetically, what would be your big ask/want for NIS to get back on your radar?:unsure:

it's a bit regrettable, but no worries.

hypothetically, what would be your big ask/want for NIS to get back on your radar?:unsure:
When Nippon Ichi Software can develop titles like this:

I will reconsider them. And even then, do not count your breath. I mean no disrespect, but I wish you would respect my boundaries and read my complaints as I have laid them out here. Do not let your enthusiasm overwhelm common courtesy as you will just turn people off this way.

For example, I know you do not care about Western media all that much. However, you do not see me pushing Lord of the Rings or Star Wars on you. If I come around to Nippon Ichi it will be of my own accord. As such, this will be my final post on this topic as I have stated all that I wanted to say. If you continue to pester me about this, I will ignore any posts you post from here on out.

Like I stated before, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but do not force something on me that I do not have any interest in.

When Nippon Ichi Software can develop titles like this:

I will reconsider them. And even then, do not count your breath. I mean no disrespect, but I wish you would respect my boundaries and read my complaints as I have laid them out here. Do not let your enthusiasm overwhelm common courtesy as you will just turn people off this way.

For example, I know you do not care about Western media all that much. However, you do not see me pushing Lord of the Rings or Star Wars on you. If I come around to Nippon Ichi it will be of my own accord. As such, this will be my final post on this topic as I have stated all that I wanted to say. If you continue to pester me about this, I will ignore any posts you post from here on out.

Like I stated before, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but do not force something on me that I do not have any interest in.
Sorry for coming on abit too strong & making U uncomfortable, I more or less was just gauging in earnest to see if the gap between you and NIS can be rectify, but your examples given prolly makes it an inevitability since NIS aims likely won't land in that section of the market.

Back