Random Gaming Thoughts

Thought @BloodyHeartland would like this.

Thanks! Something to watch when my dinner gets here. Will probably edit once I do

Forgot to edit the other day but anyway, I’m pretty excited. Wish I knew Japanese to know everything they’re saying but I figure I can assume most of what they’re saying.

Only things I don’t like, or we’ll am sorry if worried about are small nitpicks, like not being sure if changing clothes is only t-shirts and a few outfits now, and Travis not throwing up his katana when doing wrestling moves. But that said, some of the new wrestling moves are dope and there’s a lot of potential for entirely different outfits.

Lots of people are complaining about the overworld but I personally love that it’s back even if it’s not much more than a hub. Honestly I’m just interested in the world Travis lives in and how it’s changed. Glad to see many of the businesses are pretty much the same as the original lol. But it does make me wonder about whether any of the changes in 2 are present seeing as the Pizza Batt tower is gone among other things. They didn’t straight up retcon 2 so hard to tell. Many people mistakenly think they decided to go without an open world in 2 from the start but Suda has claimed it was sadly cut late in development, and there’s lots of evidence of work being put into it in the game itself. So I wonder if any of that was salvaged.

Lastly I wish the video didn’t jump around so much…makes it hard to tell whether there was actually a level before the boss fight here. But I suppose I don’t want to spoil everything for myself.

Last edited:
So does anyone know what happened to the Abandoned trailer? Wasn't it supposed to drop today?

So does anyone know what happened to the Abandoned trailer? Wasn't it supposed to drop today?
The app + teaser was supposed to go live 5 hours ago
but of course it was delayed because of technical issues
and there is no new update other than 'we are working on it' ...

no game details, no trailer. whats Abandoned game even about? why are people getting so hyped over it.. it's probably just gonna be another flop.

Last edited:
They think it is a Kojima game and they woreship everything that Hideo Boys does. I mus admit that that determination is impressive but I cannot see a single solid evidence that Hideo Boy is involved. But we will see I might be wrong. But so far it does not look like it. I expected nothing and we got literally nothing. The whole thing is just big myth. like Ufos and the monster of Loch Nes. the thing migth out there somewhere but without no evidence.

Edit The comedy show continues. The delay could take longer.

Last edited:
There are three possible scenarios:

1) they are trolling on purpose because they know that their product
isnt what people are thinking, so they are using this stuff for promotion
because otherwise the project wouldnt get that much attention

2) they are trolling on purpose because the project actually is some kind of big surprise
and they keep rolling with it because it works

3) its one of the most unprofessional studios in recent years
and they just keep walking into dead end after dead end and dont know how to communicate

The Abandoned app is now live on PS5 ... and guess what.
The teaser that is included in this app ... the app they had to delay ...
the teaser in this PS5 app is the same like 3 second footage that they uploaded 3 days ago on Twitter
and thats it. The rest is 'stay tuned'. The size of the app is 5,5 GB ... for what?
This is what they announced? Whats going on, its literally nothing.

I really dont know what to think about this anymore ... what the hell

The Abandoned app is now live on PS5 ... and guess what.
The teaser that is included in this app ... the app they had to delay ...
the teaser in this PS5 app is the same like 3 second footage that they uploaded 3 days ago on Twitter
and thats it. The rest is 'stay tuned'. The size of the app is 5,5 GB ... for what?
This is what they announced? Whats going on, its literally nothing.

I really dont know what to think about this anymore ... what the hell
Wow that is so bizarre lol WTF. Does it say what date we can expect the other information to drop? I don't know what this game is anymore I hope Sony knows what they're doing backing this game because wow this is some crazy ass nonsense.

Last edited:
Let's start a rumour about Abandoned actually being a viral ploy for Shenmue 4 by Suzuki, not for Kojima

:D

(am I confusing something else--wasn't there unfounded ridiculous Kojima rumours going a few months back...?)

Reactions: red
Does that embracer

Wow that is so bizarre lol WTF. Does it say what date we can expect the other information to drop? I don't know what this game is anymore I hope Sony knows what they're doing backing this game because wow this is some crazy ass nonsense.

There is no other information at the moment, only that there will be more content in this app ... eventually ...

Let's start a rumour about Abandoned actually being a viral ploy for Shenmue 4 by Suzuki, not for Kojima

:D

(am I confusing something else--wasn't there unfounded ridiculous Kojima rumours going a few months back...?)

There is a Kojima theory to all of this because of MGS V The Phantom Pain
with this whole fake Moby Dick studio and the hired actor. So there are some connections
to Abandoned and the Abandoned dev is saying weird things all the time
like 'we dont have anything to do with Konami or Kojima', then another interview
and suddenly he comments that he actually cant say anything about Konami etc
because they are still working on deals (?)
The teaser thing he posted on Twitter was captured on PS5
but hes saying they had to patch the PS5 app so it could play the real time teaser ...
But he already posted the same teaser on Twitter, captured on PS5.

His comments about something 'S ... H ...'
The background of this teaser where you can see this guy who looks like Snake or Solidus ...
He said that the PS5 trailer from summer or whatever wasnt actual
footage from the real Abandoned game ...

I'm not saying that this Kojima thing is real,
i think the dev is using this method on purpose to hype up the project.

And on top of all of that, Blue Box Studio announced like 5 or 6 games since
2015 and all of them were cancelled. Only one was released as Early Access
and the feedback was so negative that they canceled it too.

So i have no idea whats going on there. I think this game is actually nothing.
We have the announcement and this whole discussion and weird interview thing
but we basically didnt see any game at all. Putting together all of the pieces we have so far,
i think this game is BS.

It's truly one of the most bizarre marketing campaigns in recent memory that I can think of aside from the whole Moby Dick MGS reveal. This whole Moby Dick and Abandoned trailer app type of stuff never has gotten me hyped for projects before. I thought the MGS V fake actor and studio stuff was always abit goofy.

If a game is great then it will speak for itself.

If this Abandoned game isn't Silent Hill at this point then oh boy..... Even if it is I hope they have some strong talent at the studio.

if i remember correctly kojima said in an interview that he wanted to make a horror game which had an app which connected to people in the real world, outside the game. so you would get random phone calls, emails and even your lights would flicker (bluetooth?) etc. could this app be something to do with that?

..if this abandoned game is some sort of weird advert for a kojima game, i think he's got way too much time on his hands. he should be focusing on making fun games with coherent plots. his last 2 games were a mess.

if i remember correctly kojima said in an interview that he wanted to make a horror game which had an app which connected to people in the real world, outside the game. so you would get random phone calls, emails and even your lights would flicker (bluetooth?) etc. could this app be something to do with that?

..if this abandoned game is some sort of weird advert for a kojima game, i think he's got way too much time on his hands. he should be focusing on making fun games with coherent plots. his last 2 games were a mess.

I think there were already reports of Kojima working together with Microsoft on a new project
and Microsoft has this new Xcloud thing. So i think if theres going to be some kind of
cloud game where things can change on the fly and you are connected
to something that you have no control of, then its going to be that game.

I dont even think that this whole real life experience idea would work
because how are you going to get a permit for that from every user in every country?
Getting real life phone calls and emails because its a feature of a game,
thats probably not going to work so easily if it isnt optional. I can already see some kind of lawsuit.

Whatever, i dont think that its the Abandoned game.
I think the internet community thought that they are so clever
because clearly Abandoned is a Kojima game ... so this created a fake hype.
Then Blue Box Studio was like ... 'hm, okay lets just go with it, why not'.
Then the hype got so big, that Blue Box was afraid that Konami etc
would step in, so Blue Box made these statements about how Abandoned is not a Konami or Kojima etc game.
Just to be safe.
Of course, thats not enough to make hundreds of thousands people believe that this is true,
so a lot of people still think that this is a Silent Hill, Konami, Kojima thing.
And Blue Box Studio doesnt confirm any of it,
but they are also not helping with the situation. Its like they said 'No you guys are wrong ... wink wink' ...
'... why did you wink?' ... 'we didnt'.
Like you cant tell me that these 'S ... H ....' or weird comments arent made on purpose.

I think the internet gaming community started this whole fake hype because they wanted to call out Kojima
and then Blue Box jumped on board because theres no way that their game would
get this amount of hype without the Kojima theory. And now the gaming community and the studio is stuck in a dead end.
And in the end Abandoned will be nothing else than some super small indie horror survival game
with no hype at all. The head of Blue Box Studio said that Abandoned has a budget of like 250.000 USD.
if thats true, then thats nothing. Maybe they already used the 250.000 USD to create the 3 second teaser clip ...

Even modern AA niche games have a budget of 10, 15, 20, 30 MILLION USD.
Thats what i think at the moment.

Last edited:
I'd love to see Sega take a page from Square and release Phantasy Star I-IV "pixel remasters". It could be an opportunity to do a mini do over of PS2 and re-do the dungeons, add background art to the battle scenes, clean up the UI, and double the XP/Meseta gains, if all of that is not too much work.

I'd love to see Sega take a page from Square and release Phantasy Star I-IV "pixel remasters". It could be an opportunity to do a mini-do-over of PS2 and re-do the dungeons, add background art to the battle scenes, clean up the UI, and double the XP/Meseta gains, if all of that is not too much work.
Add a remaster of Skies of Arcadia with a slightly lower encounter rate and you can...

ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney.jpg

Berseria isn't very good, so definitely go with Vesperia. Personally, I still think that Symphonia is the best though.

Berseria isn't very good, so definitely go with Vesperia. Personally, I still think that Symphonia is the best though.
I'll be honest, I was leaning towards Berseria since it's a whopping whole dollar cheaper than Vesperia on the site I'm looking at. Guess I'll take out that extra predatory loan for Vesperia though since you seem quite certain of this.

Back