Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I wish the mirror cavern was accessible in 3 after the opening scene.

It's a real pity it wasn't a small playable segment. Even if it was just a short walk before you see the light of the exit from the tunnel that leads into the opening cutscene of them overlooking bailu village, would have been like a proper 're-birth' moment.

Ryo finally has his gun! No cheats!

He learned his lesson after Shenmue III...can't beat Lan Di with martial arts? No bother! Just buy a gun instead! Maybe this was what they originally intended for Shenmue US ;)

Ryo's side trip to America to buy a gun. While in America buying his gun, he meets up with Tom. Tom now works as a gun dealer in Racoon City. He's given up Hot Dogs and gone into the gun trade.

But while in Racoon City getting his gun, a horde of zombies ravage the town. Figuring he needs some target practice before going after Lan Di...he single handily wipes out Racoon City's Zombie Problem.

After killing hordes of Zombies under the tutorship of Masters Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield. Only now is he ready to strike back against Lan Di now that he is armed with the deadly force of an AK-47.

Now he is ready to return to China and exact revenge on Lan Di and the rest of the Chi You Men by simply walking in John Woo style with a bunch of slow motion gun fights and doves flying everywhere. This thing writes itself.

Last edited:
I just saw this and immediately my first thought was "ITS RYO"
If Ryo ends up on ONL that will be class.

To quote Peter, Shenmue has a reputation with Gamescom. Who knows?

Will be watching with interest.

If this is the kind of thing they’re teasing two days before the event, I really can’t see anything of note coming out of Gamescom.

Looks like Nagoshi might be leaving SEGA for NetEase. Plus:

“Tencent and NetEase have been speaking to just about all publicly traded studios here and are actively courting some privately held developers, too,” said Tokyo-based industry analyst Serkan Toto of Kantan Games. “They both feel pressure to make headway in Japan, especially since game regulations in their home market..."
- Bloomberg

Makes you wonder...

Looks like Nagoshi might be leaving SEGA for NetEase. Plus:

“Tencent and NetEase have been speaking to just about all publicly traded studios here and are actively courting some privately held developers, too,” said Tokyo-based industry analyst Serkan Toto of Kantan Games. “They both feel pressure to make headway in Japan, especially since game regulations in their home market..."
- Bloomberg

Makes you wonder...
This is massive news if it goes through. Wonder what implications that might have for SEGA going forwards?

Back