Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Ooo, can't say I like this. Then again, I don't like the modern state of gaming anyway, so I just feel like i'm shouting into the void. I don't think i've ever played a Chinese game (or if I have, it's by proxy). The censorship laws are so strict, I can't imagine there is much freedom to do much despite the money?

Part of me loves the idea of them replacing him with Yu, but I just can’t see it happening.
The triumphant comeback. That would be insane.

Logic would dictate that they would appoint in house if he does end up leaving SEGA. That's a big pair of shoes for them to fill.

Last edited:
The triumphant comeback. That would be insane.

Logic would dictate that they would appoint in house if he does end up leaving SEGA. That's a big pair of shes for them to fill.
You’d think so, but SEGA hasn’t been a logical company for quite some time. They might hire from within, they might bring Yu back, they might organize a strange quiz and give the job to the person who achieves the hugest score. Nothing would surprise me.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Nagoshi leaves, as SEGA did sort of demote him from his Chief Creative Officer position, if memory serves. Once that sort of thing happens, it's usually just a matter of time (see also: Yu Suzuki).

It wouldn't surprise me too much if Nagoshi leaves, as SEGA did sort of demote him from his Chief Creative Officer position, if memory serves. Once that sort of thing happens, it's usually just a matter of time (see also: Yu Suzuki).
He did, which is odd considering the successes he has brought to the table.

I believe the demotion was the result of a few controversies that upset people above him at SEGA. If Nagoshi is looking to jump ship he either figures his days are numbered, or wants to leave for a competitor as revenge.

As for his replacement, it'll be someone within the business getting a bump up probably (Daisuke Sato maybe? Depends if SEGA management want someone close to Nagoshi or not. If him leaving is acrimonious they might not want to promote a close ally). As nice as it would be to see Yu Suzuki brought in from the cold, SEGA will want somebody younger and more connected to the modern gaming landscape.

Suppose we can always hope whoever gets promoted has a lot of love for Suzuki-san.

The chances of a Chinese conglomerate buying YS Net is a lot greater than SEGA buying Yu Suzuki back, I'd wager. Although Tencent and co are probably looking for bigger fish, YS Net may represent a bargain basement deal, and their lack of IP might not matter to these companies as they have different priorities to Western publishers.

Ayway, just a horrible/positive thought, depending on how you look at it :p

The chances of a Chinese conglomerate buying YS Net is a lot greater than SEGA buying Yu Suzuki back, I'd wager. Although Tencent and co are probably looking for bigger fish, YS Net may represent a bargain basement deal, and their lack of IP might not matter to these companies as they have different priorities to Western publishers.

Ayway, just a horrible/positive thought, depending on how you look at it :p
I think the only way that YSNet gets snapped up by a Chinese company is if they agree to fund Shenmue to conclusion as part of the deal. Not sure anyone would be interested in doing so as by the time the next two games have been made, Yu will likely be retiring and the company will effectively be worthless.

Yeah, I don't think it's likely, but then again, the continued existence of YS Net seems unlikely in itself so who can predict what's going to happen next.

In fact, them still (seemingly) being in business is really the only piece of evidence to suggest Shenmue IV isn't completely dead in the water. Anything else I'm not really convinced by.

Didn't he he quit on his own free will due to bad health? The guy has some heart problem for quite some time. Even had surgery because of it??

If the chinese get Yu than it we have to say God buy to Shenmue for God. This big media companies will waste all their talent they snatch with pointless mobile games. The Asians are done with classic console game unfortunately. The west is the last bastion of classic console games.

So I hope Yu-San will always work independent.

Actually he already sort of left already, jumping ship with a Chinese company. No idea what Sega is thinking, which is sad. But chances are higher than ever that a Chinese game company will eventually snatch Ysnet down the road.

https://kotaku.com/report-yakuza-creator-toshihiro-nagoshi-leaving-sega-t-1847581995

This guy has a great channel if you're interested in Chinese martial arts:

This sword pummel has two dragons with a flaming pearl. I dare say he could produce some awesome content on the symbolism in Shenmue, if only he was a fan!

Somehow I lost my safe files on PC. Is there any way to skip Bailu Village?
I can't bring myself to play this part again.

Seeing the response from fans to Sonic Colors Ultimate is giving me intense Shenmue I & II HD vibes.

To be fair, there are some legit problems with Colors, and I get being disappointed...but acting like it's unplayable, and constantly going on about how the original is better, or "just play it in Dolphin"...yeah, that's a good way to destroy interest in your fave game coming back...well done. Why can't fanboys show a little restraint for once :ROFLMAO:

Seeing the response from fans to Sonic Colors Ultimate is giving me intense Shenmue I & II HD vibes.

To be fair, there are some legit problems with Colors, and I get being disappointed...but acting like it's unplayable, and constantly going on about how the original is better, or "just play it in Dolphin"...yeah, that's a good way to destroy interest in your fave game coming back...well done. Why can't fanboys show a little restraint for once :ROFLMAO:
Well Shenmue 1 & 2 were atleast more stable than the switch release of Sonic Colors at launch lol.

Back