Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been getting freezing on the gatcha machines when the item is missing/invisible? I had to give up on completing my collection because it kept freezing and losing all the capsules I'd bought. The Sega machine with Nights on it, in particular, both harbor and arcade.

Last edited:
As I previously said, this is very annoying and it is actually the only thing I’m really mad about this re-releases.
Fixing midi tracks is something you can do in less than 5 minutes per song with a good program and by one person that has a minimun knowledge of music editing and a good ear.
I can understand minor bugs that depend on a very old code which is very hard to modify without creating other bugs, but the music files are a much easier task, considering they are on the background and are not related to physics or other stuff.
Notes out of pitch are things you have to hear immediately, there are no rational excuses.

I am very sad to say this, because I am very respectful and thankful to D3T, but in the audio department they are simply and unoffensively incompetent, and if this patch doesn’t resolve this issue I’m gonna complain directly to Sega and D3t

Why wait LOL?

No, it is not normal, on Dreamcast A button prompt is highlighted for using the item as well as B button for quitting. I tested it myself on Dreamcast. On PS4 X and circle buttons should have prompts but usually there is nothing for X button.

View attachment 1095
I think that it is due to the change with the new UI, instead of button prompts you have the color scheme down, for me is the same behaviour

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.54.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 10.54.33 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Maybe I didn’ express myself clearly, I just said that if they don’t fix this I’m gonna try to email both Sega and D3t

Oh, You were clear. I just sarcastically popped the question is all. The laundry list of glitches just seems to get bigger and bigger each passing moment, hell, maybe even insurmountable for d3t. Between that and all the drama of the Shenmue community (I generally don't do forum drama), no matter what version patch came out, I just caved and wrote a lengthy email to Sega - not out of hope (come on, it's Sega), mind you, but out of resignation to my growing sentiments about Shenmue never getting the treatment it deserves after all this time, that this patch will be released and d3t will call it a day, abandoning any leftover bugs. I'm not okay with it, but what can I really do? I know an email from me will do jack-squat, but I did it for the sighs and the shits-and-giggles, cuz both being patient/polite and angry/vitriolic will probably amount to not much anyways, so just pick one and call it a day, move on with life, climb some rocks, buy a boat ticket to Guillin or something, etc.

So, again, patch-fix or no, why wait? Lol j/k.

Small one, but I thought I'd add it

Title: When starting the first kitten cutscene Ryo walks with his eyes closed
Platform: Xbox1
Title Version: 1.0.3
Reproduction rate: 1 out of 1 tries
Category: Cutscene
Priority: Low

Reproduction Steps:

1- Leave the Dojo
2- Walk towards the shrine
3- Trigger cutscene

Observed Result: Rio walks with his eyes closed
Expected Result: Ryo's eyes are open

Title: Moves reverting to basic form
Platform:
PC
Title Version: (Shenmue 1 of the release)1.02
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: 3/4
Observed Result: After training and advancing moves to their more powerful forms (thunder kick, mud spider etc etc) , they revert back to their basic forms by the next in game day, or the next fight. When you next fight it seems about 50/50 whether the moves will still be in their advanced form.
Expected Result: Ryo's moves should stay advanced.

Reproduction Steps:
Launch game. Go train in dobuita parking lot. Practice move til it reaches its advanced form. Go sleep. Return to parking lot. Move will often be back to its basic form again.
Sometimes I can go to parking lot in doubuita, train, and after performing the move five or six times sometimes it wil be advanced again, sometimes not.
Often i can fix this by moving the cursor over the move in the move list, then opening and closing the move list entirely (from within fighting practice) whilst keeping that move highlighted, but not selected.

Last edited:
Title: Moves reverting to basic form
Platform:
PC
Title Version: (Shenmue 1 of the release)1.02
Not fixed
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: 3/4
Observed Result:
After training and advancing moves to their more powerful forms (thunder kick, mud spider etc etc) , they revert back to their basic forms by the next in game day, or the next fight. When you next fight it seems about 50/50 whether the moves will still be in their advanced form.
Expected Result: Ryo's moves should stay advanced.

Reproduction Steps:
Launch game. Go train in dobuita parking lot. Practice move til it reaches its advanced form. Go sleep. Return to parking lot. Move will often be back to its basic form again.
Sometimes I can go to parking lot in doubuita, train, and after performing the move five or six times sometimes it wil be advanced again, sometimes not.
Often i can fix this by moving the cursor over the move in the move list, then opening and closing the move list entirely (from within fighting practice) whilst keeping that move highlighted, but not selected.

This is also the same on PS4 v 1.0.1. What I have found is that once they hit a certain point towards mastery they tend to stay as the alternative form.

I think that it is due to the change with the new UI, instead of button prompts you have the color scheme down, for me is the same behaviour

Well, in PS4 version I'm playing, there is no button prompt for cross button as you can see here. If you compare your screenshot from Dreamcast, you can clearly see there is button prompt for A button but not on PS4 for cross button.

Title: QTE prompts don’t flash/blink & are now static (Shenmue 1)
Platform: PS4 Pro
Title Version: 1.01
Reproduction rate: All tries. Any QTE chase/fight scene
Priority: Moderate

Reproduction Steps:

Any QTE fight or chance sequence

Observed Result: I noticed that QTE prompts do work correctly when playing ‘QTE Title’
Expected Result: The QTE prompts should flash/blink before being pressed.
Do your QTE prompts also sometimes make no noise? It's hard to tell if I've even pressed them in time with the game when there's no feedback.

Reproduction Steps:

QTEs do not make any sounds

When QTEs flash on screen, there is occasionally no visual or sound feedback that shows the prompt was correctly input. This occurs in nearly every long QTE sequence I've played
Expected Result: The QTE prompts should either 'buzz' or make a 'chime' sound when input correctly.

Do your QTE prompts also sometimes make no noise? It's hard to tell if I've even pressed them in time with the game when there's no feedback.

Reproduction Steps:

QTEs do not make any sounds

When QTEs flash on screen, there is occasionally no visual or sound feedback that shows the prompt was correctly input. This occurs in nearly every long QTE sequence I've played
Expected Result: The QTE prompts should either 'buzz' or make a 'chime' sound when input correctly.

I had this too until I turned off boost mode in system settings on ps4 pro, I'd recommend you to do the same.

^ Wouldn't that still count as a bug though?
ie Boost mode results in deactivation of QTE sounds

Sony states in a note on the option that in case of unexpected errors you should turn boost mode off so I guess that is debatable.

Edit taken from sonys site:
Note:
Performance varies for each title. If the game you’re playing is not performing well with boost mode enabled, switch it off and try again.

The same thing happens to me on my PS4 Slim. Boost mode has nothing to do with it.

Shenmue I is filled with randomly missing sound effects, including those for QTEs.

Yeah. I know it's a small thing in the scheme of things, but it really does kind of hinder my enjoyment of the game in a weird way.

The same thing happens to me on my PS4 Slim. Boost mode has nothing to do with it.

Shenmue I is filled with randomly missing sound effects, including those for QTEs.
Some bugs were instantly resolved for me when I turned it off, so maybe it's related to some bugs that are combined with the sync in game.

I just got the invisible capsule toy glitch 3 times. For Nights 2, Ristar, and SEGA Saturn

I just started Shenmue 2. First thing I noticed is that the voice volume is pretty low, but the sound quality is pretty clear.

Can anyone on PC tell me if the beta patch fixed the supposed hellish music? I haven’t left the dock yet, so I haven’t heard it.

I just got the invisible capsule toy glitch 3 times. For Nights 2, Ristar, and SEGA Saturn

Did it freeze your game?

I just started Shenmue 2. First thing I noticed is that the voice volume is pretty low, but the sound quality is pretty clear.

Can anyone on PC tell me if the beta patch fixed the supposed hellish music? I haven’t left the dock yet, so I haven’t heard it.

Me too! I'm just hanging around the dock, spending all my money on mystery boxes. Was there anything else you could buy there, besides maps? (I don't like the mini-maps)

Was there anything else you could buy there, besides maps? (I don't like the mini-maps)
You could buy a bunch of lighters as well if you had the money (in the original releases DC/XBOX they were Zippo branded lighters however the Zippo branding along with all other official brandings associated with Shenmue I & II was removed for the rerelease), I almost always buy lighters before triggering the first cutscene featuring Wong as the lighters are IMHO the best way to recover most of the money you would have lost after getting your bag stolen (the only time I don't do this is when I attempt to complete the Disc 1 portion of Shenmue II on the first day which can be done although it's always close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back