What are you playing?

For the WWE 2K22 players - how is the GM mode?

I haven’t bought the game yet but I’m tempted to. I will admit that I was pretty disappointed by their roster. They have so much talent (including names from the past) that they could include but it appears they haven’t. Also, it looks a bit outdated in parts, granted that Vince McMahon’s P45 spree didn’t help.
Haven't really touched into the MyGM stuff...I've mainly been just playing Exhibition matches and doing some of the Showcase stuff. Will let you know once I go into it though.

Haven't really touched into the MyGM stuff...I've mainly been just playing Exhibition matches and doing some of the Showcase stuff. Will let you know once I go into it though.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I’ve not heard too many good things about it. The general consensus I picked up is that its a cash grab, half-baked mode with limited features - the universe mode is better for the booking aspect, apparently.

I played through Jungle Strike on the GG while in hospital, 2 weeks ago, so I've been dabbling back in the Genesis version, here and there... This will always be one of my most-favourite games ever, I love it to pieces.

10 days until the Kaito files comes out! :D

I buy these WWE games for one reason and one reason only, and that’s to recreate an updated WCW Revenge. I was pretty satisfied with 2K19, skipped 2K20, and ended up buying the nWo edition of 2K22. I think the presentation is nice, and I’ve never had too many issues with the gameplay. But I’ve been running into all sorts of crashes.

Player Cyberpunk, but also just downloaded the GTA V update as well. Playing GTA V, despite almost being 10 years old, makes Cyberpunk feel so stiff in my opinion. Enjoying Cyberpunk so far but yeah, it has a lot to be desired.

Finally started Yakuza 3 after finishing Bloodstained. Man, it’s gonna be hard adjusting to all the QOL adjustments this thing lacks…
It gets better, I promise ;) Outside of Tamashiro, it is manageable and fun :)

Tamashiro isn’t too bad once you realise his patterns though. Don’t try to attack him willy nilly and look for your openings and it’s not too bad

I used to hate Yakuza 3 on hard but I actually came to appreciate it when I realised it was just me approaching it wrong

I'm playing Horizon Fordbidden West because i dont want to swim in this whole Elden Ring hype wave.
I want to play Elden Ring in 1-2 months when most people moved on.
Forbidden West is alright. It looks great, the gameplay mechanics are fun
but it suffers from the same open world game design problem as almost every other open world game -
you are basically just processing symbols on the map and there isnt much variety.

All of the symbols that you see in the very first region, are exactly the same symbols in all other regions.
Which means you are doing the exact same type of missions for like 150 hours
again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again ...
none of the symbols you can discover offer any type of new content
and the reward for coming back and unlocking paths you couldnt unlock before
is just random ressources for upgrading your 50 weapon types and outfits ...

I dont know, its not like its heart or soulless, the game world itself is beautiful
and you can do a lot of different fighting techniques
but man they really really really have to stop with this type of open world formula.
I get that developers are afraid that the players think a game was too short
but doing 500 times copy / paste chores for 150 hours is not a great counterbalance.

Reactions: red
Just started Ghostwire: Tokyo today for work. I only got around to playing through the first few hours, but already the combat is starting to feel quite repetitive. Hopefully they introduce a few more enemy types soon. Also, the rendition of Tokyo (Shibuya) seems more like how westerners view Japan than how Japan actually is. I dunno. Perhaps all the ghosts and spectral energy make it unrecognizable, but, save for a a few tiny details like conbinis and vending machines, I kind of feel like the game could be called “Ghostwire: [Insert Big City Name Here]” and nobody would bat an eyelid.

I get that developers are afraid that the players think a game was too short
but doing 500 times copy / paste chores for 150 hours is not a great counterbalance.
While I kind of agree with your complaint to a certain degree, HFW is nowhere near as bad as some other open-world sandbox games for this. I managed to get the platinum trophy in a little over 30 hours, as many of the collectibles and side missions are optional for trophy completion. Even if I’d gone for 100% though, I suspect I’d be able to wrap everything up in another 5-10 hours max.

While I kind of agree with your complaint to a certain degree, HFW is nowhere near as bad as some other open-world sandbox games for this. I managed to get the platinum trophy in a little over 30 hours, as many of the collectibles and side missions are optional for trophy completion. Even if I’d gone for 100% though, I suspect I’d be able to wrap everything up in another 5-10 hours max.
I simply dont like this kind of modern formula concept where they make the world look like
it will have so much variety in content because its so big
but then you notice that you already saw 99% of the different types of content
in the very first region (of 4, 8, 16 whatever regions in total)

Its exactly the same thing with games like Assassins Creed Odyssey.
You are playing for lets say 4, 5, 6 hours and it looks like
it will offer endless content and you didnt see anything yet.
But its not true at all, you pretty much already saw everything,
you are going to do the exact same things in all of the other regions.

Bandit hideouts, hidden caves, some kind of get me that thing mission,
some kind of kill that thing mission, some tower or whatever to uncover parts of the map ...
you know, these typical 3-5 type of missions and its just the same task again and again and again
just in different regions of the map. There are no surprises, you know what you will get.
Even the cities all have the same layout with the same merchants and so on.
Theres nothing really unique. It all just looks different on the surface.

Its such a waste of potential. I remember how i imagined Ghost of Tsushima
with whole unique villages in some mountain area and some unique fisherman villages down by the river ...
all with different shops and flags and colors and so on ...
turns out all of the villages have the exact same type of house model which they simply mirrored or rotated,
same for the things inside the houses. Even the loot inside is always in the same two spots
and the layout for merchants is always the same too.
I dont like that about modern open world games.

Last edited:
Just started Ghostwire: Tokyo today for work. I only got around to playing through the first few hours, but already the combat is starting to feel quite repetitive. Hopefully they introduce a few more enemy types soon. Also, the rendition of Tokyo (Shibuya) seems more like how westerners view Japan than how Japan actually is. I dunno. Perhaps all the ghosts and spectral energy make it unrecognizable, but, save for a a few tiny details like conbinis and vending machines, I kind of feel like the game could be called “Ghostwire: [Insert Big City Name Here]” and nobody would bat an eyelid.
Worth $54 USD/6,500 ¥ Yen??

I'm curious and have considered buying it cause it looks really good from a storyline and atmosphere aspect, but gameplay wise it looks like usual modern era FPS crap like Doom 2016 or Rage. It would come down to the authentic Japanese feel or a super solid story for me on Ghostwire.

Worth $54 USD/6,500 ¥ Yen??

I'm curious and have considered buying it cause it looks really good from a storyline and atmosphere aspect, but gameplay wise it looks like usual modern era FPS crap like Doom 2016 or Rage. It would come down to the authentic Japanese feel or a super solid story for me on Ghostwire.
Kind of difficult to say given how little I’ve been able to play of it thus far. If I’d been buying it with my own money though, there’s no way in hell that I’d recommend the deluxe edition for early access. With the PSN discount, the standard edition seems reasonably priced, but as the main story only lasts around fifteen hours, it may not be the best value for money if you’re not too bothered about collectibles and side quests, you’d probably be better off waiting for the inevitable price drop, which I expect will come sooner rather than later. If you really like the look of it and aren’t too fussed about spending a little extra, there are certainly much worse games out there for much higher prices (Gran Turismo 7 immediately springs to mind).

In terms of gameplay. It’s a little like a cross between an FPS and a sandbox game, albeit with a somewhat narrower scope. In theory, the Ethereal Arts do kind of set it apart from other First-Person shooters, but if you were to swap out the protagonist’s hand with a gun (or the bow, that’s actually in the game) it quickly starts to feel like a bog standard shooter. I’ve not been particularly impressed with the visuals either, though am playing in 1080p so that I can capture footage with my El Gato.

Last edited:
I'm pettier than that. My "issue" is things like the map not coming up when I hit the map/touch button on the PS5 pad and other newer open world refinements. lol. I got too used to the Kiwamis. Enjoying myself so far otherwise. It's like a visit to an old friend. I just really wish I were caught up. Yeah, I could skip ahead, but I've already bought Yakuza 3-4 twice (I own PS3 copies) and haven't even played either one once. I must persist!

Kind of difficult to say given how little I’ve been able to play of it thus far. If I’d been buying it with my own money though, there’s no way in hell that I’d recommend the deluxe edition for early access. With the PSN discount, the standard edition seems reasonably priced, but as the main story only lasts around fifteen hours, it may not be the best value for money if you’re not too bothered about collectibles and side quests, you’d probably be better off waiting for the inevitable price drop, which I expect will come sooner rather than later. If you really like the look of it and aren’t too fussed about spending a little extra, there are certainly much worse games out there for much higher prices (Gran Turismo 7 immediately springs to mind).

In terms of gameplay. It’s a little like a cross between an FPS and a sandbox game, albeit with a somewhat narrower scope. In theory, the Ethereal Arts do kind of set it apart from other First-Person shooters, but if you were to swap out the protagonist’s hand with a gun (or the bow, that’s actually in the game) it quickly starts to feel like a bog standard shooter. I’ve not been particularly impressed with the visuals either, though am playing in 1080p so that I can capture footage with my El Gato.
Thank You for your feedback. I don't think anything about the Deluxe edition looks worthwhile. Its about 15 hours? That's a fairly long gaming experience for an FPS I'd say, and is a bit longer than I usually enjoy action based games to be, but its not like its 20-40 hours, so that appeals to me. Gran Turismo games have never been good since the original, I never understood the hype around the franchise, I'm not surprised to hear that GT7 isn't any better.

I'm not a fan of horror games at all, I don't enjoy feeling drained by the meandering dark content or stuff where I'm constantly stressed and jumping, no matter how intelligent the story may be (which they tend not to be in most cases), but this game looks very very mild on the scare/horror factor and seems to lean more on the depth the atmosphere and environment and seems to have a compelling enough story. I'm heavily leaning towards giving it a try on day one. It certainly looks unique and I enjoy most games that are Asian themed unless its Yakuza, anime or turn based RPG type stuff.

Been playing WWE 2K22 for a while now. It's still a mess and I'd like to see WWE move away from 2K games since they can't seem to ever hit another homerun like they did with 2K19. I think overall this will end up being the best WWE game since Here Comes The Pain on PS2, but as it sits its still not as good as 2K19 was when it launched. Simply due to a desolate landscape of good wrestling games this is worthwhile if you're bored of 2K18 or 2K19 or stuck with any of the older titles.

Horizon: Forbidden West - I like it more than the first game so far. It fixes a lot of the issues I had with the first game. But again, it is mostly more of the same and if you didn't like the first one then I don't know if you'll like the sequel. But for me, the issues I had with the first game have been addressed so I'm into it.

I actually disagree. I enjoyed the first game more even though sequel does benefit from QOL improvements and the side quests in particular feel a lot richer and have more depth. I just found there was over abundance of menial open world activities (rebel camps) the grinding for gear and upgrades was much more extreme and I found there were too many bow options along with nerfing rope caster which seems to be a deliberate option.

I also thought the Zeniths were under cooked and while intriguing concept, failed to really deliver from a narrative point of view.

The game was absolutely gorgeous, as I played this in Fidelity mode. It’s a shame I completed this before recent patches, as I detested I couldn’t play this 100% HUDless (that option finally came a few weeks ago) and the game was one of the most buggy Sony 1st party games I played in a long time. Multiple crashes, temporary black screens, jumping and platforming animation errors and problems. All in all, I can’t wait to see what Guerrilla can produce unshackled from PS4 hardware.

True. I actually cant remember any big problems with Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Horizon 1 etc
but i had some problems in Forbidden West. Like a couple of times the campfires marked on the map
didnt exist in the actual game world and when i ran around them, the game crashed.
A couple of times the ressources from the enemies fell through the ground and were gone.
I had one completely broken savefile in a breeding place where the checkpoint right before
the boss glitched out, so i always instantly fell right through the ground below the game world
and everytime i tried to load the checkpoint, the game created a new checkpoint savefile
that glitched out too. So i had to manually pick my own savefile before entering this place
and lost all of the progress from the auto savefile.

Also this game has some very weird kind of preset shadows. Not talking about the dynamic shadows,
there are some spots with fake shadows that never change. Like 100% black spots / stains
on bridges or houses that never go away, doesnt matter if its night or daytime.
And when you walk into them, it dyes parts of Aloy completely black. I dont know what that is supposed to be

Back