110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I'm understanding correctly, what you are all saying is we will get an official Shenmue 4 announcement the same week as the final episode of the anime airs; and if we don't, we riot and charge the offices of 110 Industries, right? Cool, glad we're all on the same page :cool:

Has there ever been a situation on social media of a company blatantly teasing a reveal so often that ended up only trolling? Seems like it would completely backfire and harm the new reputation of 110Industries if they weren't involved with Shenmue IV.

Has there ever been a situation on social media of a company blatantly teasing a reveal so often that ended up only trolling? Seems like it would completely backfire and harm the new reputation of 110Industries if they weren't involved with Shenmue IV.
Devs and publishers have teased games that never ended up getting announced before, but it’s difficult to recall one doubling down so hard on a rumor that they effectively started. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that they were at the very least working with Yu in some capacity. That said, I don’t think the backlash if they weren’t would be quite as bad as some people here seem to think.

I mean there is that whole Bluebox studios saga going on right now that people are still debating as to whether its a scam or <psyche> it's actually Silent Hill.

I don't know, I still find it curious that they're doubling down as hard as they are. I feel like most professional companies would have came out by now and said "we have no affiliation with Yu Suzuki" if there was none. I mean even Hassan of Bluebox Studios has come out and said "we're not involved with Kojima." (whether you believe that is entirely up to you).

So yeah, it's curious that they're doubling down on this as much as they are.

Still, I remember a story Kevin Smith told on one of his Evening DVD's. Where there was a rumor going that he was involved with the Clones Star Wars TV show. He would jokingly state that he could neither confirm or deny. Eventually he came out and admitted that it was all a joke and there was absolutely nothing to said rumors but that joke did grow to the point where even George Lucas was playing the "I can neither confirm or deny" answer.

I mean, that could be what's happening here. Just social media managers having fun with this and letting it grow for the sake of free publicity. Any publicity is good publicity.

I'm hoping its all leading to Shenmue IV but we shall wait and see.

there should be a backlash if they are lying.

I also don't think they are lying. Because I doubt Yu would be okay with the fans of Shenmue being trolled.

there should be a backlash if they are lying.

I also don't think they are lying. Because I doubt Yu would be okay with the fans of Shenmue being trolled.

Although I think that Yu is a really honest guy I still have to say some things might be beyond his personal control.

Everybody is lying on social media these days in order to get attention/internet traffic. Companies are no exception.

Kojima opened Pandora's box with his weird social stuff many years ago. And the sheep that follow the church of Kojima love that stuff and made it socially acceptable for other people in the gaming industry. The best thing is not to trust anyone on social media.

It is totally in the realm of possibility that a company uses a franchise as bait to make the company more famous.

But Shenmue is not really a mainstream brand that everybody loves. So using Shenmue as bait to make a company more famous sounds unlikely and not very reasonable. Because not so many people really care about Shenmue.

We have to wait and see.

Although I think that Yu is a really honest guy I still have to say some things might be beyond his personal control.

Everybody is lying on social media these days in order to get attention/internet traffic. Companies are no exception.

Kojima opened Pandora's box with his weird social stuff many years ago. And the sheep that follow the church of Kojima love that stuff and made it socially acceptable for other people in the gaming industry. The best thing is not to trust anyone on social media.

It is totally in the realm of possibility that a company uses a franchise as bait to make the company more famous.

But Shenmue is not really a mainstream brand that everybody loves. So using Shenmue as bait to make a company more famous sounds unlikely and not very reasonable. Because not so many people really care about Shenmue.

We have to wait and see.
At least 110 industries give shenmue fans lots of fun, Yu-San is too quiet on social media.

I mean i dont know Yu Suzuki personally so i dont know his mindset
but you have to remember that all of these news are from the west,
english, german, spanish, french sites and all of the Twitter stuff
is in english. The japanese news are only reposts of western news.
So in some kind of 'worst case' scenario i guess
it could still be Yu Suzuki just being happy / glad that there are still people asking about Shenmue
and he isnt commenting on anything because he isnt working on it, they are working on something else
or its still in a very early stage. Its not that easy to look at it from all the perspectives
when we dont know what the real final goal is. Sure, this whole thing is suspicious
but its still the internet.

Yu has always been quiet on social media. This is nothing worth reading in to.

Well outside of a random announcement, there are 3 yearly milestones to watch out for; Summer Games Fest, Gamescom and TGS.

For some reason, since TGS 2021, their Twitter has been periodically counting down the days to this years TGS.

At least he looks happy and confident then before.
I say, beyond finally getting Shenmue IV or not, Suzuki-sensei happiness and realization that we, legion, love his work and will be grateful for eternity for what he already brought to us its more important. I hope no one dares to backslash Yu if this becomes something else... raiding 110 industries in the other hand has all my blessing because they didn't made Virtua Fighter.

Something is definitely brewing behind closed doors...whatever it is though remains to be seen. Why 110industries decided to retort in the way they did to that one fan who had made it clear what they wanted is suspicious in itself. Why they didn't dismiss/debunk the rumour when it was fresh from gamerant first instead just put "no comment " is another mystery but to like every article, comment and all that followed up from it is something else. When people talk about yu suzuki today the project people know him most for is shenmue though his catalogue runs deepers than just the one franchise. Ys net studios is one of the independent studios that has not been given a "new home" and remains untouched (that we know of) maybe they brought him on for a fresh project or maybe his an advisory/consultant role...who knows? But I just can't shake the feeling of this leading to what we all believe it to be. Like Peter has said, there is 3 events coming up just keep your eyes fixed like hawks till then and hope for the best. 🤞:)

I would say it is quite certain that Yu-San is working on something and that we will hear about it at some point in 2022. The only question that remains is if it is Shenmue related or not. It could be something different as well. Yu-San also likes to talk about his old racing games in the latest interview that was translated by switch so maybe a new Yu Suzuki racing game is coming..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back