Shenmue & Shenmue II - Minigame High Scores

With the recent release of Shenmue I & II HD, I have been spending quite a bit of time in the Doubita perfecting my darts game and trying to get a record breaking QTE score. Why not start a thread recording everyones high scores for minigames throughout the series?

If we get enough buy-in, I'll put together a template and keep in this OP with the latest high score for each respective mini game. I hit 421 last night in darts at You Arcade.

Thoughts?

Great idea. Carry on

Will upload my scores once I've hopped in the game a bit later : ) how do we upload photos on here?

csmakio good idea for a thread. I wish there was a better way of displaying the scores though.

I managed to get 389.2436 in Darts 7, but still couldn't beat your score.
20180825161404_1.jpg

I got 20,5817 in Excite QTE as well.
20180825161520_1.jpg

image.jpeg
I did just manage to scrape by and beat the old man at the Swing bar at Darts :) was pretty tense but he fluffed more on the last round.

Best score I've gotten in years

Attachments

• DlfYNp4XcAAhvJu.jpg-large.jpeg
    DlfYNp4XcAAhvJu.jpg-large.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 24
1OrQbY6.jpg

This was the first round of darts in the rerelease where I actually took care. Score is only half the story though...

It started off incredibly well, i had over 240 after the first round and then afer 4 more darts I was around 450.
But then I got nervous and threw the last dart of round 2 over the tops, giving me 0. There were some good hits after but also 2 more buggers with low single digits. This could've easily been a 700+ game if I kept it up...

Stupidly I didn't take a picture of it and I can't look at the machine with the highscore on it from my saves anymore but I got 522.779 in QTE Title without using the guide for it.

Guide? Use two thumbs instead of one. (UPDATED) I don't feel well...
Shenmue_20180911163045.jpg

Last edited:
Since we didn't get a passport disk for some reason, let's compare our high scores via this topic! This topic can be used for all the arcade games and forklift racing. I'll post my fastest lap in forklift racing so far...

Shenmue_20180903091154.jpg

This might be the highest score in darts I've ever gotten, shit.darts.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 861
I did just manage to scrape by and beat the old man at the Swing bar at Darts :) was pretty tense but he fluffed more on the last round.
Nice, but what platform are you on? No way you'd be able to do that on PS4 because the darts are broken and hit random spots no matter how well you aim. I guess they work fine on Xbone and/or PC? Wasn't aware of that.

And holy crap at that QTE Title score, the best I could do was like 260-something. I got so close to 300k for the toy but I my hands started to sweat, choked under the pressure and hit buttons I wasn't supposed to, ugh.

It's done.
Shenmue_20180913172132.jpg

god how long did that take
It's so late because I started around 11:20pm, so roughly 10 minutes in real time. After about 550k the difficulty increases: you start getting false prompts (pad will raise for a split second and then drop back down.) It stops being fun at this point, it's just that I set my personal goal to 1mil and didn't want that to distract me from my playthrough of Shenmue 2.

Last edited:
Nice, but what platform are you on? No way you'd be able to do that on PS4 because the darts are broken and hit random spots no matter how well you aim. I guess they work fine on Xbone and/or PC? Wasn't aware of that.

And holy crap at that QTE Title score, the best I could do was like 260-something. I got so close to 300k for the toy but I my hands started to sweat, choked under the pressure and hit buttons I wasn't supposed to, ugh.
Yeah I can regulary hit over 500 on darts in S1 but in S2 I can't get into the second game its completly screwed!

Back