110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

I'm telling you guys--the big announcement has been pushed back. I'm doubling down on it and I think, if they say anything, it'll be something along the lines of "Our big announcement was delayed, etc.)

If Keighley or Sony picked up Shenmue IV's announcement, it makes sense. They *need* that marketing boost. And Sony did it once before, if you recall.

Shenmue III may have been divisive, we know that. But we know something else and that's that Sony(and others like Keighley) *also* know that we're a very, very vocal community(as they said seconds before III was revealed).

They'd want it on a stage and so would 110 for the community and to capitalize on its resurrected interest.

If 110 Industries is doing Shenmue 4, i dont think Sony is gonna help them. (directly)
They helped in the Shenmue 3 situation because YS Net (+Shibuya Productions) were completely on their own,
and the E3 stage + KS announcement was the fastest and easiest way to see how much interest there is.
Thats a completely different situation than a game that already has a third party publisher since day one.

I have my doubts that Sony would have shown a Shenmue 3 Deep Silver announcement trailer on the same stage.
(pretty sure there never was any Deep Silver content in any Playstation showcase)
Theres zero Wanted Dead content on any Playstation Youtube channel and as far as i can tell
Sony and 110 Industries in general dont have any kind of cooperation experience with each other so far.
In a best case scenario, Sony could be interested in uploading the trailers for Shenmue 4
but i wouldnt count on it. Some Summer Game Festival clip of Yu Suzuki announcing Shenmue 4
or just showing the logo, sure. Some big Sony stage / showcase event reveal, nah.
Also one of the important Sony guys who was responsible for these fan requests back then, Adam Boyes,
left Sony in 2016.

I wouldnt bet a single penny or cent on getting the same or a even bigger stage for Shenmue 4.
We should take the Wanted Dead reveal / trailers as a starting point in terms of size,
nothing above that.

I don't think I need a justification. It's a purely personal stance based on my own opinions. I'm not trying to make a case here that people should agree with me.
You're just being ignorant. I don't care if you're considered "staff" the guy is hardly right of center if at all. You saying that you wouldn't play the next Shenmue game if he funded it is just brainwashed ridiculousness.

You're just being ignorant. I don't care if you're considered "staff" the guy is hardly right of center if at all. You saying that you wouldn't play the next Shenmue game if he funded it is just brainwashed ridiculousness.

I'd call it a personal opinion and not something we need to start an argument about.

Let it go and move on, please.

You saying that you wouldn't play the next Shenmue game if he funded it is just brainwashed ridiculousness.
Actually, Elon Musk is the one owning patents related to brain miscelaneous studies.
Based on true events:
"Hoooney, im hooome!"
"Honey? Why don't y..?"
-Finds his wife bangin E.Musk or viceversa-
"OMG! (chuckles) Elon and my wife?! YEAH! YO THE MAN ELON!
He always get what he want! Ah isn't love beautiful? What a guy!"

Last edited:
I'm anticipating a late May "big" announcement based on their Wanted Dead trailer announcement. It seems like the studio does lots of teasing, as seen with the Wanted Dead game. We just need to lower our expectations. We know it will be a Shenmue related project and not just a Yu Suzuki related project if what they're teasing is accurate. I say late May since we know that they'll be dropping a Wanted Dead trailer on June 10th, so it doesn't make sense to make a possible Shenmue announcement at the same time, as to not steal hype from Wanted Dead. So either late May or late June/July are my two predictions.

Morning sailors. :) Hope you all have an awesome day and as always lets hope to get some shenmue 4 news. I saw yesterday that they (110) have a trailer lined up for wanted: dead on June 10th. When quizzed again by a curious fan if that's their big announcement they replied yet again "nope". So there's still hope. Still need to play the waiting game but I no longer mind doing so as long as there is a possibility of shenmue IV I'm good with that. 👍💪 The hopium is strong. :)

Last edited:
Still find it odd how evasive they are in relation to SM4, is there an ongoing deal between 110 and Yu, which haven't been finalized?

Maybe we will have to wait until TGS... maybe there's going to be another interview with Yu Suzuki... and announce what they are doing together COPIUM

They're most likely trying to throw people off the scent remember they have not actually made their "big announcement" just yet. Yu was trying to deny shenmue 3 was happening until a few weeks later the Kickstarter launched. Don't give up just yet.

They're most likely trying to throw people off the scent remember they have not actually made their "big announcement" just yet. Yu was trying to deny shenmue 3 was happening until a few weeks later the Kickstarter launched. Don't give up just yet.

True, they're just trying to generate as much hype as possible.

True, they're just trying to generate as much hype as possible.
I mean to say the odds of yu appearing at the event are "none" is a little drastic, who's to actually say yu won't be there at all? With the news of them expanding last year they could very well appear on their own accord with their own project so for a small upstart company who's been teasing some sort of involvement with yu/ys for the past month or more to flat out say "nonex basically no chance is a little suss, unless you know something for a certainty i.e talks. 🤔 Maybe I'm clutching but that answer just don't sit right with me.

I mean to say the odds of yu appearing at the event are "none" is a little drastic, who's to actually say yu won't be there at all? With the news of them expanding last year they could very well appear on their own accord with their own project so for a small upstart company who's been teasing some sort of involvement with yu/ys for the past month or more to flat out say "nonex basically no chance is a little suss, unless you know something for a certainty i.e talks. 🤔 Maybe I'm clutching but that answer just don't sit right with me.
For me its them being upfront.

They've said June 10th is wanted dead and then that's it. I'd rather they did that then led us up the garden path.

For me its them being upfront.

They've said June 10th is wanted dead and then that's it. I'd rather they did that then led us up the garden path.
True. But to say the odds are none that we'll see yu at an event is a little drastic unless you know what his studio is up too don't you think? I mean like you said to me they're not going to confirm or deny anything of that sort in a tweet. Oh well...tgs it is. 💪

Back