110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

Based on that I wouldn't say that many, but certainly no evidence it's Shenmue-related. Just something to put out there as we consider our fourth week of badgering/forgetting 110 Industries. Market of Light at least shows what UE5 can do for a more exploration-heavy game like Shenmue. At this point I don't have anything 2 provide; the 110 Industries tweets were our last hope and we probably won't get more 'til TGS 2022.

TGS - Thu, Sep 15, 2022 – Sun, Sep 18, 2022

:sick:
That list doesn't list all their projects because I'm fairly certain they worked on Dragon Quest 11

A lot of uncredited work also goes on with outsourcing too. If a studio makes their bread and butter working on other people's projects, you can bet there will be a bunch of things that never officially end up attributed to them.

TGS isn't that far away. We just had 3 months worth of shenmue. A couple of months break isn't too bad for a potential announcement

Might aswell enjoy the rest of the gaming announcements at the upcoming events in the mean time

Considering at the start of the year I wasn't expecting the anime to come until this Autumn, we've been bloody lucky with Shenmue stuff this year. That said, it makes the withdrawal so much harder! Still, it gives me the incentive to finish off a 2nd playthrough of Shenmue III.

The bcdcdude of 2014 would be astonished to read the above wordage had I access to a time machine~

Fair enough. I’d guess they at least had a heavier hand in Shenmue 3 than other games if it made it to their site and a few of their staff made it into the Shenmue 3 credits, but I certainly wouldn’t want anyone to think shenmue 4 is being developed because they’re hiring. That Market of Light demo should appeal to some around here anyway. It’s got that Chobu Chan vibe.

Great news for the possible development of Shenmue 4. Unreal Engine 5 is certainly a game changer for Indie developers and small companies likes Ys Net. I'm absolutely certain that if Shenmue 4 is being developt that they are using UE5.
Maybe the Shenmue 4 Demo that they showed to the publishers was already made with UE5.

Thread is slowing down :(

Well, we haven't had a tease for some times now.

The only thing going that keeps my hope up is that they were quick to deny working with Itagaki and working on a new Devil's Third game, while they still haven't done so with Yu Suzuki or Shenmue.

Going without daily 'news' and rumors is so awful. How'd we survive the last 3 years? We've turned over every rock and now we wait.

Going without daily 'news' and rumors is so awful. How'd we survive the last 3 years? We've turned over every rock and now we wait.

News will come when it comes. All we can do is keep on doing what we have been doing; stay vocal and push Shenmue Day every fourth of the month. And stay patient.

I'm still optimistic we'll hear something this year.

I've enjoyed obsessing over Yakuza (in the middle of 4 right now) in my down time, so I'm pretty much ok as far as games go. The PS+ stuff coming up is gonna be wild too. It's just fun to hunt for rumors.

Guess its back to hibernarion unless i see an actual announcement. Cant say im too hopeful tbh but hope to be proven wrong.
I've enjoyed obsessing over Yakuza (in the middle of 4 right now) in my down time, so I'm pretty much ok as far as games go. The PS+ stuff coming up is gonna be wild too. It's just fun to hunt for rumors.
Your gonna be eating good then cause after 4 the games jump up in content and length. 5 seems a bit divisive in that regard but stuff like the judgement games, 0, and 7 are all a perfect meaty length. 6 is the outlier cause its infamously kind of cobbled together in an incomplete engine and missing loads of mainstay content. It kind of makes up for it in tone and general chill atmosphere though thw finale is rocky.

Put your expectations on tokyo gane show. It kinda controls the hype and calms the addictive nature we have for anything shenmue 4 related in the present moment.

Back