Random Shenmue Anime Thoughts

So what merchandise did the anime end up having? Could anyone show me a link? Did they sell any shirts? Have they announced a Ryo and Nozomi on the motorcycle figurine yet; I would buy that in a heartbeat. Any word on Blu-ray release date?
No word on Blu - ray, but there have been hints of a soundtrack. They've released the opening and ending themes in full digitally, an updated Sacred Spot Guide Map in Japan, character art cards, and two stamp sets, one with pins and one with a towel.

So what merchandise did the anime end up having? Could anyone show me a link? Did they sell any shirts? Have they announced a Ryo and Nozomi on the motorcycle figurine yet; I would buy that in a heartbeat. Any word on Blu-ray release date?

Sorry, probably asked this before. When can I watch the English dub in the UK? Streaming anime seems to be a bit of a pain as I can find it on Adult Swim, but not in my country.

Pirating things shouldn't be easier and clearer than buying the actual product!

Sorry, probably asked this before. When can I watch the English dub in the UK? Streaming anime seems to be a bit of a pain as I can find it on Adult Swim, but not in my country.

The English dub was never released over here so you're not supposed to find it.

Your best bet is a VPN if you wanted to watch on Adult Swim USA.

The English dub was never released over here so you're not supposed to find it.

Your best bet is a VPN if you wanted to watch on Adult Swim USA.
That's so weird. Why do you think that's the case? Again, it shouldn't be easier to pirate things. Pretty sure it's a flick of a switch and it's available.

Let's chip in to get Corey and co to dub the anime :sneaky:

Unfortunately, at this time, not even with a VPN. It requires a US cable provider login to watch episodes 1-8, and in 5 more weeks, every episode will be locked in the free version. 😞

Also, in this case, pirating isn't any easier either. You'll probably only find the Japanese version to download, because it is the most widely available version. And let's not forget that this is a niche series.

The most likely to happen is a launch on HBO Max, which they usually do with Adult Swim content (that's what I read, because I'm not an anime consumer). I don't know how long this usually takes, and if it's a worldwide release or not. Let's hope for the best. 🤞

But if the big bosses decide to mess with the Shenmue fans and keep it out of our reach, I have a "backup" ready that I can eventually share with everyone interested. If or when that happens, I can let you know. But this will only be as a last resort, as I am not an advocate of piracy and don't want to negatively influence future ratings and sales.

The most likely to happen is a launch on HBO Max, which they usually do with Adult Swim content (that's what I read, because I'm not an anime consumer). I don't know how long this usually takes, and if it's a worldwide release or not. Let's hope for the best. 🤞

Blade Runner: Black Lotus went up on HBO Max about a month after it finished on Adult Swim. That show didn't get a re-run in the later time slot like Shenmue has, so not sure if that would have any impact on the HBO release.

There are some physical DVD copies of the English version for sale on ebay, No clue if they're legit but curiosity got the better of me and I ordered one.

*mod edit: removed link*

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some physical DVD copies of the English version for sale on ebay, No clue if they're legit but curiosity got the better of me and I ordered one.

*mod edit: removed link*

Those are bootleg copies. The anime has not been officially released anywhere on Blu-ray/DVD as of yet.

I removed the link to the page as we don't condone the purchase of counterfeit goods.

And just like in the video game genre, Yakuza will be taking over Shenmue in the anime genre!
"Hi, I'm a noble Shenmue fan" vs. "Hee mee laika RGG/ahyayacuckooza"
What. I wrestle you all at once Kazamamelukes. You all grab your musings and do you own separate RGG dojo. Now.
Then, we stay hostile and only agree one thing: We hate each other. Hate = consensus . We shall not mix ourselves with these... mobsters. "Mua haa ufo catcher blewrb gals bar" This is how they sound to me (im dehumanizing ;) )
Hierarchy:
I) Loyalist. Shenmue is the only videogame ever. Everything previous was just "media releases". The purpose of consoles existence was to run Shenmue one day. These is the best tribe and, yes, i'm their humble leader.
II) Semi. They like both series. Obviously not that bad people because having a taste for Shenmue. Obviously not true Shenmue fans. Obviously lacking and inferior elemental beings.
III) Excomulgated. RGG fans. Description: I don't want to be banned so i'll ask the ouija board (...) omg the glass moves... omg the ouija says RGG fans suck and they will be stabbed next full moon. Don't shoot the messenger, blame the ouija.
Wha.Wha.C'mere! Whooosh! Thats my wude over you faces! RGG fans

Back