Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Shenmue 3 getting some representation on AEW All Out...

I7FH1J7.png

i remember seeing a tv show on wrestling a long, long time ago. apparently all those people waving signs are paid to so and the signs are pre-made. ( they line up before the show starts and each grab a sign).. so it's all fake.

somebody need to go to wrestlemania with a positive shenmue sign wrestlemania is bigger than any aew show anyway.
'Shenmue 3 made me rich', 'Lan di was right', 'Shenmue is Smackdown', 'Shenmue 4 will be the dogs bollocks'.

Or something. I'm sure someone with a sense of humour could come up with something to keep the publicity up.

I lol'd when I saw that sign. As a former wrestling fan of the late 90's early 00's, a lot of wrestling fans are trolls and bring in oddly specific signs. Like reminding crossover GameFAQ/Wrestling fans that Saxon=Joke Account.

i remember seeing a tv show on wrestling a long, long time ago. apparently all those people waving signs are paid to so and the signs are pre-made. ( they line up before the show starts and each grab a sign).. so it's all fake.
not true i've been to wwe show a couple of time in france

The thing that troubled me about SEPW Shenmue video was how he expoilted certain aspects of gameplay to make them seem negative. How he had to run to the fortune teller then make a bet but it was wrong so he did it again and then I caught some chickens and went back to the fortune teller. There were many different ways to make money. I was just shocked that a Shenmue fan would purposely twist the narrative in a way that would bring negative feedback.

I honestly don't mind when people say negative things about Shenmue just be objective. Highlight the good and bad and just admit the series isn't for you its cool.

... you guys know this has been going on for about a year now, right? (the signs at wrestling events).

I agree that the guy who brought the sign is a POS, but this happens at EVERY event (PDS signs have also been shown, if you want to talk about obscure).

I mean, all of you Brits in here and none of you watch/have heard of Botchamania? Maffew (who posted the image on Twitter) has been showing them in every Botchamania since they started.

The guy is at a wrestling PPV. Need we say more :p

Worse still, he's at an AEW show....last I checked, the backstage antics were making that place a laughing stock in the eyes of the big bad evil empire they fight against (WWE) :ROFLMAO:

Oh btw, the video game AEW is developing is way over budget at $70 million dollars, look pretty bad and has no chance of making a profit at this point. <thumbs up>

Sorry, not to be snarky, I just don't like the "AEW fanbois" and love taking pot shots at that company to piss them off. It's a natural reflex. Passing off AEW fanboys is easy. Just call their beloved Kenny Omega ”twinkletoes“ and watch them froth at the mouth 😂

But in all seriousness, there are a lot of fans that go to AEW shows with signs like this. It's become a running joke on Botchamania. It's pretty common to see this type of snark. I wouldn't pay it no mind. I mean fuck, Maffew from Botchamania dumps on Final Fantasy VIII all the time and I just laugh...even though I know he is completely wrong ;)

Last edited:
Oi you two, some of us still like wrestling :)

The ironic thing is, the new AEW game that is coming out is a classic take on the genre from the N64 era, using the same old school methods as shenmue 3. (Animations, presentation, graphics etc)

This brings back pleasant memories. Ironically enough November 2000 was the best moment in my gaming life.

A lot of people don't remember but Shenmue 1 and WWF No Mercy were released a week apart from each other. Good times :)

Was it ever explained why Shenmue 3 was never released in China despite the release event there?
I guess it was a mix of Covid and censorship. I remember the words "Japan" and "Guilin " being altered in Chinese trailers. Uncle Xi didn't like rural China being depicted as a place full of Red Snakes and Blue Spiders.

Back