My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

I am seeking testers for a private demo of my game. The demo will include the following features:

• An interactive and complete city of Kamagaski
  • The beginning of the first chapter of the game's story
  • Visible locations and mini-games, such as bowling, an arcade room, the cherry tomato mart (convenience store), and a strip club called Kamagasaki Blue Club
  • A random encounter system with enemies similar to those found in the Yakuza series
  • Dialogues with some non-playable characters
  • The House of Kaito and the hospital
  • The fighting system
  • A real-time day-night cycle
However, the following features will not be available in the demo:

• Other cities in the game
  • A pawnshop
  • Karaoke
  • A cabaret club
  • A clothing store and locker room
  • Kaito's smart TV (which will be available at the pawnshop)
  • An illegal gambling hall
  • A dynamic weather system
  • Dojo Training (and level up stats)
  • Jobs
  • No side quest
The purpose of this demo is to gather suggestions and opinions to improve the game before releasing it to the public. Please note that the game is not yet final and may have some limitations, such as requiring a decent PC to run and potentially having bugs. If you make a video of the demo, please mention that the game is not final. If you want to try the demo, please leave me a message. The demo should be ready very soon. Thanks everyone for following the development of the game since the prototype stage.
Shout me when the demo is ready

The demo should be available in a couple of hours

Your game is really beautiful and interesting, it is really nice that your game is inspired by Shenmue and Yakuza. Count me in too please, i would like to play the demo and give you feedback.

Your game is really beautiful and interesting, it is really nice that your game is inspired by Shenmue and Yakuza. Count me in too please, i would like to play the demo and give you feedback.
thanks you very much , actually the demo is ready i send you the demo in dm

Sorry for not replying Kenzo to your petition. I can't due time restriction give it a adecuate testing so better leave others for the task. But at the same time Im very happy for you, after countless experimentation, mistake & success... A final playable demo, very solid by its looks and features, takes form.
I love it tells love Shenmue without being Shenmue. Congratulations, Kenzo.

@Kenzo38130 I finished the demo now.

I love the demo, i saw many things that have a Shenmue vibe in your game like the loading screens, the Cherry Tomato, the mini games, the band aid on the face of Kaito, the revenge plot, the fortune teller that is not available in the demo and much more, i really enjoyed seeing this things.

One of my favorite mini games is the bowling.

I love the graphics and the locations of the game, the day/night cycle is really nice.

Would be nice if we could talk to the NPCs on the street, would be nice if Kaito can have a place to train.

The combat system of the game is nice and i like that we can pick other weapons after defeating the enemies. would be nice if Kaito can learn more moves and special moves. There is room for improvements but i enjoy the combat system so far.

I really enjoy the vibe and the atmosphere of the game, the soundtrack is good.

I like the characters and i'm already interested about the story of the game.

I'm already following the game on Steam, i will definitely buy the game when is available, i wish all the best to you in this project, you have my support, keep it up. ❤️

@Kenzo38130 I finished the demo now.

I love the demo, i saw many things that have a Shenmue vibe in your game like the loading screens, the Cherry Tomato, the mini games, the band aid on the face of Kaito, the revenge plot, the fortune teller that is not available in the demo and much more, i really enjoyed seeing this things.

One of my favorite mini games is the bowling.

I love the graphics and the locations of the game, the day/night cycle is really nice.

Would be nice if we could talk to the NPCs on the street, would be nice if Kaito can have a place to train.

The combat system of the game is nice and i like that we can pick other weapons after defeating the enemies. would be nice if Kaito can learn more moves and special moves. There is room for improvements but i enjoy the combat system so far.

I really enjoy the vibe and the atmosphere of the game, the soundtrack is good.

I like the characters and i'm already interested about the story of the game.

I'm already following the game on Steam, i will definitely buy the game when is available, i wish all the best to you in this project, you have my support, keep it up. ❤️
I am happy to receive your feedback, it gives me confidence for the future. In the demo, I was not able to include all the features, but there will be a dojo where the main character, Kaito, will be able to train and learn new combat styles. There is a video from last year that shows this gameplay mechanics (inspired by the exite qte minigame from shenmue):
In the final version of the game, it will be possible to talk to many NPCs, maybe not all of them, but a large majority, and by interacting with them, you will unlock secondary quests.

I am happy to receive your feedback, it gives me confidence for the future. In the demo, I was not able to include all the features, but there will be a dojo where the main character, Kaito, will be able to train and learn new combat styles. There is a video from last year that shows this gameplay mechanics (inspired by the exite qte minigame from shenmue):
In the final version of the game, it will be possible to talk to many NPCs, maybe not all of them, but a large majority, and by interacting with them, you will unlock secondary quests.
Well, in that case let me add you don't need my feedback: the footage talks by itself. Honestly, when we talked about this project long ago and you said were reading, studying, figuring the hard stuff out, I knew this would get release.
As it greatly depart from Shenmue assets and story you can even (you should) sell it. Perfecto

Gotta love your use of limited animation, yeah man. I like its speedy and jumpy frame interpolation, ala Lupin III: Chateau du Cagliostro. It has something that realist animation lacks imo.

Attachments

• lupin-anime.gif
    lupin-anime.gif
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
@Kenzo38130 I absolutely loved the demo. I had no idea what to expect, but this was very impressive and promising. I loved the world you created, the characters, music, art style etc. It has such a unique presentation and vibe, along with a great story to keep players engaged. Another thing I really enjoyed was the combat. it reminded me a lot of streets of rage.

I'll definitely be checking the game out when it releases.

The only critiques I can give are as follows, and they are very minor

The text when speaking to a character is very small. It would be nice if the text could fill up the text box more in conversation. Currently, there is this massive textbox with small text inside

If possible, could the camera be pulled back a bit from the player when he is running around the city? I sometimes find its too close to the player and block me from seeing things.

I think the tube in the underground should show up quickly as it takes too long for it to arrive currently.

I did also notice some bugs in the mini games. For example, the claw machine. Once you use up your 3 credits, there is no U.I on the screen saying whether you want to continue or quit. The dance game QTES is very quick. Although, that might just be me and old age lol

Overall, great game and I'm very very impressed with it. I absolutely love what you've created. Are you the only developer or do you have a team?

Keep up the great work. I'll be sure to pick this up when it releases. Everyone check this game out, it's awesome.

@Kenzo38130 I absolutely loved the demo. I had no idea what to expect, but this was very impressive and promising. I loved the world you created, the characters, music, art style etc. It has such a unique presentation and vibe, along with a great story to keep players engaged. Another thing I really enjoyed was the combat. it reminded me a lot of streets of rage.

I'll definitely be checking the game out when it releases.

The only critiques I can give are as follows, and they are very minor

The text when speaking to a character is very small. It would be nice if the text could fill up the text box more in conversation. Currently, there is this massive textbox with small text inside

If possible, could the camera be pulled back a bit from the player when he is running around the city? I sometimes find its too close to the player and block me from seeing things.

I think the tube in the underground should show up quickly as it takes too long for it to arrive currently.

I did also notice some bugs in the mini games. For example, the claw machine. Once you use up your 3 credits, there is no U.I on the screen saying whether you want to continue or quit. The dance game QTES is very quick. Although, that might just be me and old age lol

Overall, great game and I'm very very impressed with it. I absolutely love what you've created. Are you the only developer or do you have a team?

Keep up the great work. I'll be sure to pick this up when it releases. Everyone check this game out, it's awesome.
Thank you for the quality feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the demo. To be honest, I was initially a bit nervous about sharing it, as I wasn't sure if it would be well-received since I didn't add many features to it. Also, thank you for listing the bugs you encountered and also some of the thing you didn't like, I'll add them to my list and fix them all. Yes, I am working on this project alone, although most of the 3D models (excluding the characters) and music are from other artists that I either paid for or found to be free to use.

Thank you for the quality feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the demo. To be honest, I was initially a bit nervous about sharing it, as I wasn't sure if it would be well-received since I didn't add many features to it. Also, thank you for listing the bugs you encountered and also some of the thing you didn't like, I'll add them to my list and fix them all. Yes, I am working on this project alone, although most of the 3D models (excluding the characters) and music are from other artists that I either paid for or found to be free to use.

it's amazing work. I'm going to give it another play tonight before bed. I've not seen anything on the market like it. its like a cool mix of shenmue, yakzua, persona, jet set radio. Love it. You have a very bright future ahead of you.

Added a new martial art fighting style that kaito will need to learn a t the dojo (defaut fighting style is street fight this one is more Technical)

I have been working on improving the user interface, as I am aware that it was not visually appealing before. (WIP)

Default HUD:

Capture d’écran (935).png

Kaito Dialogue UI:

Capture d’écran (939).png

NPC Dialogue UI:

Capture d’écran (942).png

Interaction HUD:

Capture d’écran (943).png

Loading Screen: (yeah, I know, this one is heavily inspired by shenmue loading screen)

Capture d’écran (946).png

Last edited:
Gotta hand it to you man, it's really shaping up nicely. Well done on all the progress thus far!

Gotta hand it to you man, it's really shaping up nicely. Well done on all the progress thus far!
Thank you so much, my friend. Lately, I've been struggling with negative thoughts and was on the verge of giving up on the project due to the UI being hard-coded into the game, making it difficult to alter. However, I managed to find a solution and was able to change everything.

Back