General RGG Discussion

I've gone Amazon as their shipping is usually pretty quick
Pretty quick is also your usual lending a hand to Shenmue/Yakuza inquirings.
Dont click like on this one, feels like Im like-bichin.
Geez Im over all the board 😓make me shut up people please. Ignore me a while.

I bought the japanese Shenmue 1+2 HD PS4 Collectors Edition (or whatever it was called) on Play Asia.
This awesome looking white box.
And i had no problems at all. The box arrived in perfect condition.

I guess Amazon Japan and Play Asia should both be fine.

Last edited:
I usually double dip with RGG anyway, but slightly annoying needing to import. Then again, bit nostalgic going back to Play-Asia like it is 2005/07 and I'm waiting for Trizeal, Karous or Trigger Heart Exelica :D

I only have digital Yakuza 6 now (gave physical copy to my best friend so still in close proximity, though) nor PS3 Yakuza 3 and likely will go digital only for Yakuza 7 and Y8 when I eventually buy them

Depends if I like Gaiden as much as 0-1-2-4-5 or if I'm fine being digital only like 3+6.

Like a Dragon: Gaiden will come with a Like a Dragon 8: Infinite Wealth demo

_______________________________________________________________________________________

More info on the special demo of LAD8 included in LAD Gaiden

-need to beat Gaiden to unlock
-has scene that is not included in the actual LAD8 main game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

And a new Gaiden video (overview trailer + developer update)

image.png

Thats what the trailer narrator said, not me.

How are import charges with Amazon? I know theyr're steep on PlayAsia. I did make an order already on P.A. but found out one of the games in my bundle got a EU release announced hours after my order - So ended up cancelling.

Can someone give me a link Amazon Japan PS5 version? I see 10+ lisitings which is a bit confusing.

I've ordered this one on Play-Asia and €37 with change jumped up to €55 with change. That's with the default packaging option.

The digital version goes for €50 on the PlayStation store, but I don't mind paying five bucks extra for a physical version.

The only possible problem that i can see with the imported disc version is,
if there are like extra add ons, or if the LAD 8 demo is a separate download
that you have start from the game menue or from the PS dashboard,
its possible that it wont work on your main US / Canada / EU account
because the disc version is trying to connect to the matching region where the disc is from.

For example, i have some Asia imported PS4 games on disc that came with english text
and i can install and patch them on my main german account, no problem,
but when i try to open the associated pages for add ons / DLC / shop page whatever,
it doesnt work because the disc version region doesnt match the region of my account.

The only way around this, is to have optional accounts where the account region matches the disc region.
I dont know if this is going to happen with a imported Gaiden,
just a heads up that this can happen.

That’s right, and so I’m not sure how it would be for steam at least. I have both separate accounts for Japan and Asia on Switch and PS3/4, not sure if they may be harder to set up now but typically I’m able to get points cards for either system on playasia digitally rather than needing a credit card in those countries.

It's funny that they make Kiryu look closer to Kuroda with the customization options in the trailer.

But yeah I have two concerns about the Japanese physical version of the game:
- Somehow English text being absent.
- Bonuses not carrying over to a European account; i.e. access to the LAD8 demo, not receiving a bonus from previous saved games being detected etc.

The chances of double dipping are too real for this one 🙂.

Last edited:
Back