Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

How can I request to have the bugs I just posted about added to the list?
Post in the format listed above and also email Sega customer support directly

Impression I got was Sega were taking the lead on relaying the messages.

See below post from the Sega community manager on the 500k page

https://m.facebook.com/groups/203745759701136?view=permalink&id=1847983261944036
Good to know.

I got an automated reply, registered on Sega support and received a ticket number for the inquiry. The ticket status shows as “open.”

Has anyone actually progressed to the point of getting their ticket “closed” on Sega support? If so, how long did it take for it to become closed?

Good to know.

I got an automated reply, registered on Sega support and received a ticket number for the inquiry. The ticket status shows as “open.”

Has anyone actually progressed to the point of getting their ticket “closed” on Sega support? If so, how long did it take for it to become closed?

Yes I sent bug report to Sega support twice, they replied that they passed my feedback to relevant department and then put ticket to resolved status.

Yes I sent bug report to Sega support twice, they replied that they passed my feedback to relevant department and then put ticket to resolved status.
What was the specific issue that you reported?

A specific person has now been assigned to my ticket. Will keep you all updated.

I'm still getting consistent crashes after the first Gui Zhang fight and when the motorbike section starts. If I've been playing the game for any more than an hour before reaching those spots it's a guaranteed crash.

It was there on the initial Xbox One release, and after every patch that's arrived.

I think I might go back to playing the Dreamcast version.

I think I might go back to playing the Dreamcast version.
I've already played through both games but it's tradition that I start a new run every Christmas. If things aren't properly patched up by then, I'll be playing on Dreamcast...

Probably a bit late now to bring this up but I still feel the urge to do so.

Title: S II - Wrong music during Zhangyu QTE
Platform: All
Title Version: All
Category: Sound
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: Always
Observed Result: The Zhangyu QTE scene for the Wude DAN only plays the regular music of the place. This is an issue carried over from the Xbox version, the scene had unique music on the Dreamcast.
Expected Result: Music during this scene should be like on the Dreamcast as it's part of the incredibly tense atmosphere the scene is meant to evoke.
Reproduction Steps: Go to Zhangyu Barber Shop when learing the 4 Wude and initiate the QTE scene

What was the specific issue that you reported?

A specific person has now been assigned to my ticket. Will keep you all updated.

I reported:

24 August 2018 17:12
Sometimes sounds are not played during gameplay (opening doors, moving in menus, opening drawers, footsteps etc.).

01 September 2018 18:26
Music bug before Heartbeats entrance QTE
No button prompt for feeding kitty after selecting food
Broken cutscene after finding Phoenix Mirror
Broken cutscene when Fuku-san is offering his savings (piggy bank)
Game switches to first person view
After Harbor morning forklift race Ryo receives Forlift No.5 and No.2 toy twice

Some issues are fixed now.

Reading these bug reports, I feel so lucky not to have run into a single disruptive issue during the entirety of my playthroughs. The only things I encountered that were obviously unintended was the dried fish clipping through Ryo's hand during the first cutscene with Megumi and the kitten, and Ryo's jacket clipping through the ground when he throws it down in the dojo. That is it.

Observed Result: The Zhangyu QTE scene for the Wude DAN only plays the regular music of the place. This is an issue carried over from the Xbox version, the scene had unique music on the Dreamcast.
We know they're not going to fix bugs from the original software, and this is less of a bug and more of an omission, so it's even less likely. I'm just thankful the biggest issues with the Xbox version (motion blur, no JP audio) have been remedied in this port.

OP updated, I will be updating it once or twice a week since I am having a really busy month. No issues have been claimed fixed for Xbox One or PC. Also the new crashes worries me even when they are not happening to everybody, but that needs to be fixed. I am posting here all the claim fixed for PS4 1.03 and I will move them to fix after thursday.
PS004 Drawer opening sound effects sometimes did not play (Claim Fixed)
PS007 Kelly and Pochi thumbnails are swapped in the collection menu (Claim Fixed)
PS047 On Guizang's Swallow Dive tutorial, kick has no sound (Claim Fixed)
PS049 When saving the game, no preview is generated (Always says "Creating new Game Save") (Claim Fixed)
PS061 Practicing of moves in the parking lot is way too hard to trigger/Often does not work (Claim Fixed)
PS063 Music selection menu very unstable and fragile to fast selection movements (Claim Fixed)
PS067 In the cutscene, where Ryo leaves Dobuita, the music is way too quiet (Claim Fixed)
PS072 Sounds not playing correctly when buying stuff (Claim Fixed)
PS078 Shenmue II English battle voices (Claim Fixed)
PS083 During Lucky Hit part-time job right analog stick is used for looking around (Claim Fixed)
PS087 During catching leaves camera is moved by right analog stick (Claim Fixed)
PS088 Training progression bars (Claim Fixed)
PS092 Play QTE Title in Shenmue I around the 250k mark, multiple pads come up at the same time yet only one of them is displaying a button (Claim Fixed)
PS095 70 man battle/ weather option vanishes from menu (Claim Fixed)
PS110 Save screen comes up for a split second before booting you back to main menu after the credits are finished in Shenmue I(Claim Fixed)
PS115 Scarlett Hills (daytime) the background melody is too low (Claim Fixed)
PS118 No subtitles when placing your bet in "Big or Small"Claim Fixed
PS122 Worker's Pier Daytime Music sounds off (Claim Fixed)

Title: Black sky during (first) phone book cutscene
Platform: PS4 - Shenmue 1
Title Version: 1.03
Category: Graphics
Priority: Low
Observed Result: Look at the phone book lying at the tobacco store at the end of Dobuita street after having the Chinese letter translated but before having called the number. The sky in the background will be either very dark or completely black.
Expected Result: Correct sky color

Last edited:
Title: Left and right button of QTE Title in slightly wrong position
Category: Graphics
Observed Result: Play QTE title at the You Arcade. The button of the right and the left pad are shifted towards the middle.
Expected Result: Correct button position

Title: No interaction with Mahjong table
Platform:
PS4 - Shenmue 1
Category: Gameplay
Observed Result: Go into Daisangen Mahjong-Salon (left from Hattori sports store. It's not on the map) and focus the camera on a table. You get the prompt for button pressing, but if you press it, nothing happens.
Expected Result: Some interaction

Title: Wrong background music after meeting Master Chen & Guizhang (Shadow step tutorial music in every city area!)
Category: Music
Priority: High
Observed Result: After having sneaked into warehouse No. 8 and having the cutscene with Master Chen and Guizhang, you get transported back to your home next morning. When you go outside from now on Yamanose, Sakuragaoka and Dobuita have the background music from the scene where the homeless guy from the harbor teaches you the Shadow Step kick. Saving and loading again doesn't help.
(Playing with Japanese voices. Also I bought him the coffee before doing the warehouse section. Don't know if this is required for gettng the bug.)
Expected Result: Correct music

Can anybody else confirm this?

EDIT: Sorry I mixed it up with FREE10, which can also occur in those areas. Sounded like cutscene music to me.
I'm getting a bit paranoid :-D

Last edited:
Title: Iwao Hazuki's letter (in his room) can't be read anymore after reaching the harbor
Category: Gameplay
Observed Result: Follow the main quest. After you get to the harbor (which would be completing Disc 1 in the original game), the letter from Iwao Hazuki, which lies on the table in his room, can't be read anymore. (The button however is still there.)
Expected Result: Letter should always be readable.

Title: Clicking noises in cutscene dialog with phoenix mirror at Bunkado Antiques
Category: Sound
Reproduction Rate: Happened two out of two times
Observed Result: In the dialog where you show the phoenix mirror to the guy working at Bunkado Antiques you often hear a clicking noise when somebody starts or stops speaking. Mostly when the other guy stops speaking.
Expected Result: No clicking noises.

Last edited:
Back