Random Shenmue Thoughts

*Lights the @Switch signal*

Looks like there's going to be some kind of roundtable discussion on Shenmue from a few Japanese industry figures on the 14th at 4gamer.
Yes, in fact it is being advertised by several of the media outlets who are participating, but it's actually being hosted by Sega Japan. Masaya Matsukaze will be the MC, and Eigo Kasahara and Hiroshi Noguchi (who have been working with d3t on the localization of Shenmue I & II for Japan) will also make an appearance.

The stream is scheduled to start at 8pm JST on Nov 14th.

https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/11/shenmue-i-ii-discussion-live-stream-on.html

Does anyone know why Joy is the only person in Hong Kong who rides around in a motorcycle? She's also associated with Master Chen and Guizhang. You'd think she'd want to attract a little less attention to herself to avoid being killed by the Chiyumen. Just food for thought...

She comes from a rich family, maybe she's on the "do not mess with" list because her dad could pull strings and make things difficult for the Chi You Men.

So who here is getting the Japanese special edition of Shenmue I and II? Just hoping we can finally get some of Shenmue 2's CD quality rips on the net, will be interesting to hear how they arranged some of the tracks and who was involved with it...

It actually arrived! Not to sound completely cynical but I'm a little surprised it actually got sent. Then again, the Shenmue community is awesome! This is going to make someone's November a little less dark a little more Tomato Shop.

In the end up, I decided to play them both just a bit closer to Christmas holidays just to get that atmosphere right.

So who here is getting the Japanese special edition of Shenmue I and II? Just hoping we can finally get some of Shenmue 2's CD quality rips on the net, will be interesting to hear how they arranged some of the tracks and who was involved with it...

I decided to play them both just a bit closer to Christmas holidays just to get that atmosphere right.
I have it pre-ordered, and eagerly awaiting getting my hands on the soundtrack CD :) Though I no doubt expect someone will beat me to ripping/uploading...

In the end up, I decided to play them both just a bit closer to Christmas holidays just to get that atmosphere right.

Didn't even think of that, now I'm slightly jealous of my friend who will have this by xmas ?❤️. Nah, she deserves it. And I can just replay, for the feels! It really is the best game ever.

I have 4 of them on the way. Each one of the special editions offered by Japanese retailers. I only need 2 of the actual games though so I will give 2 away on stream before Christmas. Maybe. Probably.

Oh and congrats @Araviel! SF on Twitter is an awesome guy!! Definitely the perfect time of the year to jump back in!

I finally beat Shenmue 2 PS4 and after saving after the end credits and going to collection to watch the Saturn movie its missing.

I've decided against the JP CE for now. It was a tough decision not to grab a new Shenmue-related thing but the fact is I no longer collect physical media. I don't like the clutter anymore, so if I'm going to buy something I make sure I'm actually going to use it. I don't even have a CD drive in my computer anymore so I couldn't even burn the OST :p

The only reason I preorder the limited edition Shenmue 1 and 2 JP is because the Shenmue 2 CD music.

I feel like there could be a slight chance that the upcoming Japanese release of S1&2 for PS4 might have a separate trophy list compared to the other releases.

That's not to say the trophies challenges themselves will be any different (that rarely seems to happen), just that they'll be counted/listed separately to to the versions that we own (Yakuza games do this).

If so: I feel like that might be a strong incentive to buy & play this version for a few folks out there.

I’m playing through Shenmue 2 on Xbox One for a second time, and I’m trying out Challenge 3 one shot in Kowloon, and I’m just about ready to rage quit! Has anyone ever been able to beat it?

Back