Kickstarter Update #94: Chinese distribution and FINAL survey date!

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Kickstarter update #94: Chinese publisher confirmed and FINAL survey changes date.

The PC version will be distributed by Tencent through their gaming platform WeGame. The PS4 version will be distributed by Oasis Games, an official partner of Sony Computer Entertainment Shanghai (SCES).

Further details on distribution in China are forthcoming.

Surveys:
The official cutoff for survey responses regarding game development and reward manufacturing was September 30th, however, there have been some backers who afterwards updated their responses. The dev team will do their best to get in changes to those responses updated after the cutoff, however we cannot make any promises with our tight development schedule.

JANUARY 6th, 2019 will be the final day for survey response updates. After that, we will no longer be accepting survey response updates.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/2373521

It's a nice update. Really can't wait for 2019 now!

This is it. 2019 will be the year, all the waiting, hoping and campaigning... all that...we will finally see the results of our hard work.
Thank you everyone for not giving up this fight.

seasonsgreetings_2018w3c91.gif

Probably my favourite Christmas update illustration yet.

EDIT: Only just realised, the Reindeer is meant to be Yu-san. Look at the mole!

It's a relieve to know this 2019 will be the Shenmue 3 year at last, no more worries!

I'm also a bit surprised that even in june 19 we will be able to change surveys, just 2 months until the Shenmue 3 release! Isn't it a bit risky knowing that they have to send the game to retailers and all those things that takes time?

Nice gif by the way! I always like this funny images :D

I'm also a bit surprised that even in june 19 we will be able to change surveys, just 2 months until the Shenmue 3 release! Isn't it a bit risky knowing that they have to send the game to retailers and all those things that takes time?

Nice gif by the way! I always like this funny images :D
You might have misread something. The new deadline cut-off for survey changes (outside address alterations) is 6th January.

You might have misread something. The new deadline cut-off for survey changes (outside address alterations) is 6th January.

Oh, my bad...Certainly i misread it!
That's more appropiate for the time schedule.

For the way they speak in the updates or what Yu have said in recent interviews, it seems that they were perfectly sure about the release date. They must be polishing the game and debugging now..

Great update! It's fantastic to have companies like Tencent and Oasis on board for the Chinese market.

And that picture! :ROFLMAO::love:

Chubby Joy on her bike and Yu as Rudolf the Reindeer are just brilliant!

Maybe I'm forgetting something but, what does this little yellow bird has to do with Shenmue?
Du7kiA3XcAAkzDJ.jpg:large
Interesting alternate image provided by Koch Media here...

The bird isn't a 2D illustration in this version, but instead a 3D model. My money is on it being a capsule toy. I don't think it means anything especially, it's just a fun little Easter (Christmas?) egg.

Back