New Member Introductions

This is nostalgia in thread form! All those familiar names *sobs*

Araviel here, been around since forever (and apologize profoundly for being an arse at times!). Waiting for the release of III, bought the re-releases online for the ps4 and can't wait to see how my life will be affected next. The first two games made me meet awesome people in different places and had me decide to move to HK from Europe when I was 17. So yeah, video games are strange, little bundles of joy.

This is nostalgia in thread form! All those familiar names *sobs*

Araviel here, been around since forever (and apologize profoundly for being an arse at times!). Waiting for the release of III, bought the re-releases online for the ps4 and can't wait to see how my life will be affected next. The first two games made me meet awesome people in different places and had me decide to move to HK from Europe when I was 17. So yeah, video games are strange, little bundles of joy.
Are you still based in HK now? It’s great to see you back.

Are you still based in HK now? It’s great to see you back.

Alas, no. I've spent about 4 years in China and HK, some 6 years in the UK. Back in Norway now, but I still visit HK and cry when I leave haha.

It's so good to see you guys! The Dojo was like, this kind of community, guess my first online community as a teenager (God, we're all old now). Made some very good friends here and had the pleasure of meeting up with some irl. Is JuanFran around?? We once sold moon cakes for his family at some mall in London. Can't make this shit up.

Alas, no. I've spent about 4 years in China and HK, some 6 years in the UK. Back in Norway now, but I still visit HK and cry when I leave haha.

It's so good to see you guys! The Dojo was like, this kind of community, guess my first online community as a teenager (God, we're all old now). Made some very good friends here and had the pleasure of meeting up with some irl. Is JuanFran around?? We once sold moon cakes for his family at some mall in London. Can't make this shit up.
I‘ve attempted to contact quite a large list of members as you might have seen in the topic I made, I have no contact details for JuanFran, do you have any way of contact?

I‘ve attempted to contact quite a large list of members as you might have seen in the topic I made, I have no contact details for JuanFran, do you have any way of contact?

I'm searching through messengers, Whatsapp etc as we speak, he'd love this!

I'm searching through messengers, Whatsapp etc as we speak, he'd love this!
I knew he was a member over at HazukiDojo.com years back but I had a check and not sure if he's been active their either too much. Tell him he is missed and we want him back!!

Is JuanFran around?? We once sold moon cakes for his family at some mall in London. Can't make this shit up.
I knew he was a member over at HazukiDojo.com years back but I had a check and not sure if he's been active their either too much. Tell him he is missed and we want him back!!
I chatted with him a bit on messenger today. For some reason he doesn't think he'd be someone that would be remembered anymore which is crazy to me as he was one of the first people I thought of when I saw this topic.

I got the feeling he might be a pass for now when we talked but maybe Hanna speaking with him will be a bit of a push in the right direction.

I'm hoping us reminiscing about these guys etc. doesn't come across as elitist in any way at all, there are loads of great members that have joined since those days, would be great to bring some back during this Shenmue renaissance.

F

Found him! Texted so we'll see if he shows up *fingers crossed* just realized I've known him for longer than most of my friends...

I chatted with him a bit on messenger today. For some reason he doesn't think he'd be someone that would be remembered anymore which is crazy to me as he was one of the first people I thought of when I saw this topic.

I got the feeling he might be a pass for now when we talked but maybe Hanna speaking with him will be a bit of a push in the right direction.

I'm hoping us reminiscing about these guys etc. doesn't come across as elitist in any way at all, there are loads of great members that have joined since those days, would be great to bring some back during this Shenmue renaissance.

Definitely, it's not meant as elitist, I'm super thrilled to see new people coming in too! Enjoying reading how they got into Shenmue and what they think of it. It's just great *grin*

And yeah, JuanFran is of course someone anyone from the old days would think of. He is awesome!

A couple years back I was once going to message Clint on Xbox Live for some reason and it said he hadn't been online for about 5 years. Had quite a few on Xbox and Playstation from here do that.

Of course @Bambi. I'm so proud of these forums and how we continuously are getting new, informative members. I just feel that these forums have progressed so much over the years that I genuinely feel like some of the older members would be surprised, and would enjoy being back.

Definitely, it's not meant as elitist, I'm super thrilled to see new people coming in too! Enjoying reading how they got into Shenmue and what they think of it. It's just great *grin*

And yeah, JuanFran is of course someone anyone from the old days would think of. He is awesome!
Do you have any contact with Hei at all? I did a bit of Facebook stalking (a ridiculous amount actually...) and have sent him a friend request which may be a bit creepy. :ROFLMAO:

He, Juan and khien all had this kind of effortlessly funny quality, they were/are so much smarter than someone like me but always came across as really unpretentious and nice.

Do you have any contact with Hei at all? I did a bit of Facebook stalking (a ridiculous amount actually...) and have sent him a friend request which may be a bit creepy. :ROFLMAO:

He, Juan and khien all had this kind of effortlessly funny quality, they were/are so much smarter than someone like me but always came across as really unpretentious and nice.

Facebook stalking is the works :ROFLMAO: unfortunately no contact ... would love to see them all here again. Terrific, clever people.

I'm David and I enjoy getting absolutely rat-arsed then cringing in the aftermath every time I regain a memory. Kinda like playing Assassin's Creed if it physically hurt and you just played some utter pleb makin a tit out of himself.

It's been a lifetime since I've regularly posted here, but I feel this is a good time to resurface a little. I think the Shenmue world is about to get rather exciting again pretty soon.

The forum i defected to when I stopped posting here in 2007/2008ish, was PlanetMGS/MGSource/PlaySatan. Pretty damn sure you're brother was a member there, which was such small world coincidence haha.

Also, pretty sure Hellraiser and I grew up fairly close by...? He's from the Chicagoland area, yeah?

My real name is Justin and I have been a member since summer of 2001. I'm originally from Gilbert, AZ but presently live in Yokohama, Japan. Been a player since Dec 1999.

I also enjoy MMA and anime

The forum i defected to when I stopped posting here in 2007/2008ish, was PlanetMGS/MGSource/PlaySatan. Pretty damn sure you're brother was a member there, which was such small world coincidence haha.

Wow. Yeah, he was.

Say what??? Juanfran is a legend. Then again, I've spent 3 weeks reading through every single topic made on the old Dojo. Up to 2004 at this point so yea, all of that stuff is pretty familiar to me now.

In the before times, I used to frequent SD as "Cyclonus." But for the life of me, I couldn't remember my password or the e-mail that I used to log on with. So, when the site had a revamp, I felt as though I may as well have a revamp too. Less teenagery now, and more disillusioned adult. Both who share a love for Shenmue.

Back