Anime.

@Tsukuyomimagi99

Nice recommendations.

1.) Seems very interesting. I'll look into it.
2.) Sadly, I never finished this one. Is the over-arching plot any good?
3.) Ooh I remember that movie. One of my fav. Did U know the director also when on to direct a Kick-started OVA?

:giggle::geek:(y)

4.) How's the pacing? slow-drip or long info dump? (e.g. Overlord)
5.) Oh yea, I remember being frustrated how the plot just abruptly ends without any resolution. Being quite upset I looked into it and found out the source material was never finished. Darn shame too! Very gripping story!

Bonus.) Took me a while to grasp what was going on. Quite the trippy plot haha. I was confused the entire time on my first run but stuck through cuz I liked the overall tone & setting.☕

Mushishi is very episodic so there really isn't any overarching plot. As for the pacing of Twelve Kingdoms, this Reddit post can explain it far better then I can.
And no I didn't know Mando Asahiro worked on another Kickstarter, I should check it out!

Just more reality-based animes in general...for some reason most fantasy takes me out of the sense of immersion and believable intrigue...

You could try Morbito Guardian of the Spirit which contains very little supernatural elements but is still fantasy based. Then there's the works of Jun Maeda like Clannad which are subtle in their supernatural elements.

Last edited:
Just more reality-based animes in general...for some reason most fantasy takes me out of the sense of immersion and believable intrigue...

You could try Morbito Guardian of the Spirit which contains very little supernatural elements but is still fantasy based. Then there's the works of Jun Maeda like Clannad which are subtle in their supernatural elements.

I'll toss in my own 3 cents as well.

1.) Ikoku Meiro no Croisee

A poster girl from Japan taking the opportunity to go to France via a cultural exchange deal to further expand her trade horizon as she works to market an artisan & imported merchandise store to help pay off her sister's medical costs.

2.) Chihayafuru

A coming of age story about three childhood friends promise & journey to claim the coveted Queen and King of Karuta(A card game based on historic Japanese poets) title.

3.) Shigirui

Based on two of the deadliest Kendo(Sword-fighting) style ever developed in Japan. A dramatic re-telling of how two rival
students of one school of discipline went their own separate ways to hone and developed their own style to impress, defeat, and claim the title of grand-master and also win the beautiful daughter's hand in marriage as the heir to their former Sensei's Dojo.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps you find what you're looking for possibly.;)

p.s. Since Moribito was already suggested by @Tsukuyomimagi99 ...I replaced it with a diff one.

Last edited:
I’ve been a fan of the 7 SEEDS manga for years and the anime adaptation is finally on Netflix. Considering the musical references in the original manga, auditory is a must have for this series to be perfectly represented. And can’t wait to see Dr. Stone and Vinland Santa in the coming weeks.

Just came across the virtua Fighter anime series. I watched the first episode so far. one of the characters reminds me of don niu and with Ryo supposed to be a young akira.....
I found it kinda cool. Don't know if I like the show yet.

Just came across the virtua Fighter anime series. I watched the first episode so far. one of the characters reminds me of don niu and with Ryo supposed to be a young akira.....
I found it kinda cool. Don't know if I like the show yet.

I’ve tried to get into the VF anime, however I wasn’t a fan of Akira’s characterization compared to the games. In the games he was a stoic man who was serious about his training who loves a good fight. In the anime (from the amount I’ve watched) he comes across as a stereotypical heroic idiot.

If you don’t mind Akira’s characterization then it’s pretty good. It starts off pretty silly early on but the second half of the series gets pretty dark.

Am glad to hear that. Thanks for the heads up and reading my mind on the story picking up inclusion. I will definitely give it a watch now.

Sorry for the bump but I used the search bar and couldn't find a general anime topic.

Your Lie In April is absolutely a 5 ⭐ anime to me. A beautiful story about love, loss, and music. It's not only my favorite anime but one of my favorite all-time shows. It is a classic in every sense of the word. I just finished it for the 5th time just now and it's timeless to me.

4e25649ecf38d2dded8144aa2e4a3b04.jpg
1238954393016812209.jpg1238954393346456241.jpgshigatsu-cover.png

Sorry for the bump but I used the search bar and couldn't find a general anime topic.

Your Lie In April is absolutely a 5 ⭐ anime to me. A beautiful story about love, loss, and music. It's not only my favorite anime but one of my favorite all-time shows. It is a classic in every sense of the word. I just finished it for the 5th time just now and it's timeless to me.

View attachment 11568
View attachment 11569View attachment 11570View attachment 11571
No need for apologies as it's quite refreshing to find another anime fan. I rarely talk about anime here since there does not appear to be a general interest in it. In any case, these past two years have reshaped my tastes in anime as I have gone back to the fundamentals. A lot of the anime I showed off in my previous post I have sold off as they no longer interest me.

As stated in another post on a separate thread, my interests tend to be geared towards mecha, science fiction, high fantasy, dark fantasy, heroic fantasy, science fantasy, martial arts, samurai, shinobi, noir, Otoko, horror, cynical, and the occasional Iyashikei. So that's the type of anime I tend to collect and/or watch. On a side note, I have Dororo 2019 and Vinland Saga on pre-order.

Anyways, here are some pictures of my collection.
20210529_154849.jpg

20210529_154958.jpg

20210529_155223.jpg

20210529_160458.jpg

20210529_155449.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 11568
View attachment 11569View attachment 11570View attachment 11571
NO worries, Lie in April is a good one.Here's some more anime recc if you want some pointer in more similar theme/genre.

Some critics has praised it akin to movies such as "Casablanca" in terms of story-telling/cinematography quality. I personally say it's a gem of a coming to age show.

Death,grieving,family,love,dealing with depression. It's a soulful anime about learning to heal/cope during hard times.

A great art-house of an anime. Its creative and poetical expression of the frustrating emotions people normally keep bottle up is a work of art.

A heart-felt redemption anime.

Longing, yearning, connections. A humane show through and through.

Last but not least. Without spoiling too much...It's a tear-jerker. :)
------------------------

Hope these helps you in finding a few more fav to share/discuss. :geek:

No need for apologies as it's quite refreshing to find another anime fan. I rarely talk about anime here since there does not appear to be a general interest in it. In any case, these past two years have reshaped my tastes in anime as I have gone back to the fundamentals. A lot of the anime I showed off in my previous post I have sold off as they no longer interest me.

As stated in another post on a separate thread, my interests tend to be geared towards mecha, science fiction, high fantasy, dark fantasy, heroic fantasy, science fantasy, martial arts, samurai, shinobi, noir, Otoko, horror, cynical, and the occasional Iyashikei. So that's the type of anime I tend to collect and/or watch. On a side note, I have Dororo 2019 and Vinland Saga on pre-order.

View attachment 11574

View attachment 11575

View attachment 11576

View attachment 11577

View attachment 11578
Sweet stash.

Have you seen any of these underrated gems of a show yet? If so, what's your opinion on em. :giggle:

--------------------------

Feel free to throw some recc my ways too! :D

Sweet stash.

Have you seen any of these underrated gems of a show yet? If so, what's your opinion on them. :giggle:

--------------------------

Feel free to throw some recc my ways too! :D
As per your recommendations, I was already planning on watching Aldnoah Zero primarily due to Gen Urobuchi as I like real-robot anime. Gun x Sword looks interesting, but I will probably pass on it. I have seen Noir in its entirety and while it was good, I enjoyed Canaan from Type-Moon more. Everything else you recommended I will probably pass on as well as they do not appeal to me.

As for recommendations, that is something I can not do since I do not know your tastes. However, I will provide a list of anime I have currently watched and/or enjoyed.

I). Gun Grave - I don't know how they did it, but the writers managed to mix the writing of the Godfather and dovetail it with heavy science-fiction and make it work.

II). Cyber Odeo 808 - Basically, an anime version of the Suicide Squad that was rather enjoyable.

III). Dallos - While I am not a fan of Mamoru Oshii's works, this one was enjoyable for the most part. Not something I would watch again or own, but enjoyable nonetheless. As a side note, this was the very first direct-to-video anime or OVA ever released.

IV). Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven

I rather enjoyed these TV-Esque movies or OVA's and they sparked my interest in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. I like Individual Eleven more, but both movies are solid in their own right.

V). Dororo 2019 - Based off the incomplete Dororo manga from "The God of Manga" Osamu Tezuka, this is a darker rendition of his work. The animation quality in the fight scenes is fantastic. The story is a much darker and realistic take on the original manga, has plenty of character development, and cuts out the fat by reducing the number of demons.

As per your recommendations, I was already planning on watching Aldnoah Zero primarily due to Gen Urobuchi as I like real-robot anime. Gun x Sword looks interesting, but I will probably pass on it. I have seen Noir in its entirety and while it was good, I enjoyed Canaan from Type-Moon more. Everything else you recommended I will probably pass on as well as they do not appeal to me.

As for recommendations, that is something I can not do since I do not know your tastes. However, I will provide a list of anime I have currently watched and/or enjoyed.

I). Gun Grave - I don't know how they did it, but the writers managed to mix the writing of the Godfather and dovetail it with heavy science-fiction and make it work.

II). Cyber Odeo 808 - Basically, an anime version of the Suicide Squad that was rather enjoyable.

III). Dallos - While I am not a fan of Mamoru Oshii's works, this one was enjoyable for the most part. Not something I would watch again or own, but enjoyable nonetheless. As a side note, this was the very first direct-to-video anime or OVA ever released.

IV). Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man and Individual Eleven

I rather enjoyed these TV-Esque movies or OVA's and they sparked my interest in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. I like Individual Eleven more, but both movies are solid in their own right.

V). Dororo 2019 - Based off the incomplete Dororo manga from "The God of Manga" Osamu Tezuka, this is a darker rendition of his work. The animation quality in the fight scenes is fantastic. The story is a much darker and realistic take on the original manga, has plenty of character development, and cuts out the fat by reducing the number of demons.

Great taste/recc. Will try some of these that I've not seen before.

I'm pretty much an enthusiast. I watch anything as long as the plot/design/cinematography grabs my interests after sampling it.

Example, One day I'll watch:

then jump to something like:

and then end my anime fix for the day on a dark hero show such as:

--------------------

So feel free to shoot anything you feel is impressive to try out. I'll give it a shot. Even if it's an old one like "First anime" ever made. (Which I enjoyed immensely btw :giggle:)

I've even enjoyed Silent show not tell anime's like

Or cultural master-pieces too.

Last edited:
NO worries, Lie in April is a good one.Here's some more anime recc if you want some pointer in more similar theme/genre.

Some critics has praised it akin to movies such as "Casablanca" in terms of story-telling/cinematography quality. I personally say it's a gem of a coming to age show.

Death,grieving,family,love,dealing with depression. It's a soulful anime about learning to heal/cope during hard times.

A great art-house of an anime. Its creative and poetical expression of the frustrating emotions people normally keep bottle up is a work of art.

A heart-felt redemption anime.

Longing, yearning, connections. A humane show through and through.

Last but not least. Without spoiling too much...It's a tear-jerker. :)
------------------------

Hope these helps you in finding a few more fav to share/discuss. :geek:
Thank you so much for those recommendations! I'll scour the web for Endless Summer and Anohana I dig both trailers.

I have seen A Silent Voice, Garden Of Words and Violet Evergarden. Loved Silent Voice and Garden Words quite alot both 4 out of 5 ⭐. I enjoyed Violet too 3 ⭐. I tried to get into March comes in like a Lion because so many people were raving about it and I just couldn't ever get into it.

Alot of people recommended me one called Orange and I got 6 episodes in to that before backing out. Orange is the first and still only anime to ever truly bore me.

I couldn't get into DBZ Yu-Gi-Oh or pokemon back when I was a kid in the early 90s alot of my friends did though. Or rurouni Kenshin for that matter. But I loved Inuyasha when I was a kid.

Other anime I have watched is Erased. I loved the aspect of trying to stop Kayos murder. Then the last couple of episodes happened and I still enjoyed it but I didn't care as much about saving the mom. Because to me the story was saving Kayo and I felt like the present day stuff was to pad the runtime. 4 out of 5 ⭐ though.

Future Diary didn't think I would love it as much as I did. Yuno was the star of the show and everything that happened to those two during that crazy battle to the death. I loved their relationship even if she was 100 percent crazy lol. 4 ⭐.

I enjoyed Silver Spoon and the first season of Sword Art Online. Both 3 ⭐.

Bloom Into You I hope there's a second season someday 4⭐

I couldn't ever get into psycho pass. That one was recommended to me.

Death Note 4 ⭐ what a insane awesome tale that anime weaves.

5 Centimeters per Second man that movie is so disappointing. I loved the first episode than the other two happen and it all goes downhill from there! 2 ⭐

View attachment 11574

View attachment 11575

View attachment 11576

View attachment 11577

View attachment 11578
Woah I've heard of quite abit of those in that collection but haven't gotten around to watching them. Fate and Beserk have been on my list to watch for years and one reason or another I haven't yet lol.

Your Lie In April definitely got me re-interested in anime after not watching any since Inuyasha when I was in middle and high school back in the day. Since then I've watched the ones that I mentioned in a previous post can't remember them all but Future Diary, Erased silent voice Bloom into you. One that I forgot to mention was Death Parade that was a cool little anime I liked it alot 3 ⭐.

I don't have a crunchy roll subscription but I've been thinking about getting it though I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I signed up for Funimation 7 day trial and I couldn't really find anything to dive into or it could've been I didn't know where to start so I bounced around Sunday Without God, Kite, blue exorcist, ghost stories, 92 days. None of them really grabbed me but I also wasn't disappointed in them either. One that did hook me was the Akudama Drive though unfortunately Funimation wanted me to sign up to watch episodes 3-til the end and I was like WTF.

I also couldn't ever get into cowboy bebop or Gundam either I forgot to mention those in my Last post as well

If you have any recommendations I'm all ears I suppose I don't really have a genre that I like more than any other. It's the story and characters that keep me interested. Though I may have set my own standards and bar to high after finding my favorite Your Lie In April 5 ⭐.

Back