Video 1 - Shenmue III MINIGAME footage from IGN Japan (13 minutes)

It's possible the journalist who captured this turned the music off so they could seamlessly trim the footage if they wanted to.

lol i mean it's a 15-minute video of turtle racing and lucky hit. of course it's not stuff that's gonna set the world on fire, plus it's open season on shenmue everywhere right now. even i got a little bored watching it, but i know it's just part of the shenmue world and i don't think it looks bad at all.

Loved everything about it, the selection of mini-games looks fun :) - The Lucky Hit Girl was a Flirt ?

Like many have said though, the lack of a background score did make it feel a bit stale... Is this how the final game will be or will it actually feature a score while exploring the town?

I'll say this.

It looks rough.

It looks stiff.

It looks janky.

The voices are bad.

It looks like it should have released 20 years ago.

And that...is the best thing anyone could have ever asked for as fans. I'm not being sarcastic---this is exactly what we wanted. It is Shenmue, for all it's faults and virtues.

Clean it up a bit in these months, add polish, show me the music, I'll be a happy man.

On one hand, this totally looks like Shenmue.
On the other hand... well I'll be honest here, this looks really rough. More than expected. But the video quality might be at big fault here.

Half way through the clip, a man appears on screen from nowhere. I mean characters disappearing and reappearing on screen happened all the time in the first game, but still...

Definitely looks and feels like Shenmue and exactly what I wanted from the game. But this confirms that it's definitely going to look and feel like a budget title (something we all knew) and that it really won't appeal to many people outside of the hardcore fans... A lot of the goofy and cringey dialogue and gameplay is far too rooted in the originals, I feel. It could have been updated. Again, I'm really happy with what I saw, but casuals are going to look at this and think "wtf is this?"

Character models are rough, there's no question, but you know what? The Shenmue essence is very much present. It all feels very familiar, in a good way.

Back