More Shenmue 3 footage

Looks pretty sweet. Except Ryo's completely dead face right at the end when he elbows that thug.

I remember when I pointed out in the Forklifts are back thread that Ryo’s eyes looked completely dead, and some people argued that I was wrong because you couldn’t clearly see his face.

lol

It's like the Shenhua sequence comes from a 3D animation movie. Greatest facial animation so far lol.

I remember when I pointed out in the Forklifts are back thread that Ryo’s eyes looked completely dead, and some people argued that I was wrong because you couldn’t clearly see his face.

lol

I think it's something we're just going to have to live with at this point. It's a shame, because as one member pointed out the other day/week, there's clear examples of how the characters showed more emotion and had better facial animations in the first two games. The graphical fidelity is obviously much better, but the faces are very static, at the moment.

I'm gonna be couter-culture here. I like Epic games!
Am I allowed to do so? I think so! And I don't give a damn what others think.
Also. I have many games on Steam. That doesn't change my mind.
Go Epic! Thanks for giving more money to Shenmue!
I think 90% of people downvoting and hating on Epic just do it because others do it.
Or are brainwashed by other youtubers.
I have an advice. Think with your own head.
Just because it's an inferior platform you don't have to hate them or downvote everything they do.

Last edited:
I believe Yu Suzuki-sama stated in the most recent interviews, polishing the animations, faces, and expressions is the top priority now and was one of the main reasons for the new delay. Should be vastly improved by release like all the other improvements we’ve seen!

I'm gonna be couter-culture here. I like Epic games!
Am I allowed to do so? I think so! And I don't give a damn what others think.
Also. I have many games on Steam. That doesn't change my mind.
Go Epic! Thanks for giving more money to Shenmue!
I think 90% of people downvoting and hating on Epic just do it because others do it.
Or are brainwashed by other youtubers.
I have an advice. Think with your own head.
Just because it's an inferior platform you don't have to hate them or downvote everything they do.
If Epic really wanted to prove themselves and test their worth, they could act as any other storefront and be competitive in terms of pricing, features, benefits for developers, etc.

Instead, they throw money around to snag exclusivity deals like a Liberian hooker throws STDs around in order to lock out any chance of competition and force people to invest in that very business model if they want access to those games.

Fuck that shit.

If Epic really wanted to prove themselves and test their worth, they could act as any other storefront and be competitive in terms of pricing, features, benefits for developers, etc.

Instead, they throw money around to snag exclusivity deals like a Liberian hooker throws STDs around in order to lock out any chance of competition and force people to invest in that very business model if they want access to those games.

Fuck that shit.

Back