Shenmue I & II Mod Database

Hei guys! Noob question! Are all these mods needs Kaldaien's mod pack? I don't want to use Kaldaien's and I find difficulties trying everything else. I can not even find video even for something does not need Kaldaien's, even Nexus need Special K.

Hei guys! Noob question! Are all these mods needs Kaldaien's mod pack? I don't want to use Kaldaien's and I find difficulties trying everything else. I can not even find video even for something does not need Kaldaien's, even Nexus need Special K.
Hey there! Some of them do, but not all of them. You should be able to find more info by following the links.

Hey there! Some of them do, but not all of them. You should be able to find more info by following the links.

Hi! Thank you, I do! Problem is, that the only one i found and could be helpful, can not really use. I try to find out how to use Drogean's. I am trying to see Raymond and Davi. I am trying to find video guides, no success...

Made a long overdue update to the list!
  • Added many new mods and tools
  • Added section for Shenmue II texture mods
  • Added section for Reshade presets
  • Fixed some broken/retired links
As always, please let me know if there's anything I've overlooked! Drop a post here and I'll add it to the list.

Wow, some of those HD textures, especially the environmental texture ones from Drogean, are great!

Does anyone know if there's any issue having both the masterchan777/ner0 16:9 fix AND the Special K mod installed at the same time? I currently have the former, but it looks like I need to install the latter to use these textures.

Does anyone know if there's any issue having both the masterchan777/ner0 16:9 fix AND the Special K mod installed at the same time?
Don't believe so! They should work just fine together.

I would kill for some sort of Reshade package for Shenmue 2.

Also, I have installed the pre-hud reshade, but the notebook can still be blurry/glitch when using any reshade package. Just wondering if that's unavoidable, and that its not considered part of the "hud" that's not affected by reshade?

ach, no way to delete a post? I think the instructional video more or less answered my q's, tho I do wonder if there is any need for the separate special k exe file, non-shenmue specific one?

Last edited:
Update: I've done a fresh instal and deduced that its Special K + Reshade causing the crash but I've no Idea why.
followed the tutorial video to the T now Shenmue 1 will freeze and close
Spec: I7 7700HQ
GPU: GTX 1050 4GB
RAM: 12GB
Storage: 1TB WD M.2 SSD

Last edited:
So after many hours of testing, there's no way to fix the black texture issue in Shenmue 2. Be it Special K or whatever, there is just no fix. You can follow the guide and play through the game once to cache all of the necessary files, but i really don't want to have a playthrough like that, especially on stream.

Thanks for all the effort though.

OK fellows you got it here first. Follow my fancy promo video to the new link of Vending Machines
Smoosh that likey button

Anyhow you might wonder why the "Coke is it" slogan. Well first, I couldn't really tell what it said in the original since it was so pixelated. After extracting the can textures I released it could only be "Trade Mark Redg". Which sounds naff, so I went with the slogan, which so happens to be back in the 80's. least Dr Wikipedia said so

OK fellows you got it here first. Follow my fancy promo video to the new link of Vending Machines
Smoosh that likey button

Anyhow you might wonder why the "Coke is it" slogan. Well first, I couldn't really tell what it said in the original since it was so pixelated. After extracting the can textures I released it could only be "Trade Mark Redg". Which sounds naff, so I went with the slogan, which so happens to be back in the 80's. least Dr Wikipedia said so

Also make sure to upload here as well.
https://www.nexusmods.com/shenmue/mods/
otherwise going to forget about your mod in future.

ok I've updated mine and have it uploaded to nexus New Coke Vending Machine

I also noticed a tinnie mistake on Drogeans clothes retexture. It's taken all this time to notice but I ended up flipping Ryo's patch on his jacket so it's the right way round. That said it is his texture and wasn't sure about uploading it before I contacted them

Back