Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine, I am explaining the reason for me being disappointed by the situation, and I respect people who don't care about that, and do not expect everyone to agree with me - such is life. Only thing I was hoping for is we could have a constructive discussion about it, to have each side explain their viewpoint without it turning into some kind of battle royale.

You don't need to be sorry, and that is more than fine that some people feel differently. You in particular I can see that even though we have disagreements you are not being inflammatory for the sake of it and are actively searching dialogue. But unfortunately I can't say the same for many posters I've seen here, and that goes on both sides.

That is totally understandable, and dialogue on the issue is important. Some have been overly defensive, and one could even say provocative. I won't name anyone, but it is very clear that some here and on the KS on both sides have been provoking and trolling the other side just for the sake of it. If there's 1 thing I ever learned about social situations, it's that provoking someone who is already upset is rarely a good idea and is often counter-productive.

Like I said I think it's important to discuss, but is shouting at each other really the only way to have a dialogue on the issue? And again I don't mean you specifically, you don't strike me as someone stirring trouble.
Alright, man. I guess I can see where you're coming from. But I really don't see anyone here being as bad as a huge portion of the Kickstarter comment section.

Anyway, I really should just check out of this thread already. It does feel like everyone is just going in circles and nothing is really being accomplished. I think I've been using it more as an outlet to vent than anything else.

Alright, man. I guess I can see where you're coming from. But I really don't see anyone here being as bad as a huge portion of the Kickstarter comment section.

No need to go that far, the person who posted just before is calling people morons, do you think it's helpful to the discussion?

I don't think it's helpful to the discussion that you keep tone policing posts you don't like and complaining about a minority of posters who use inflammatory language.

The way you characterize my posts isn't even accurate. I've been on record for a week or so saying people are justified in their disappointment in how things have been handled. I just don't think it's worth posting that opinion thousands of times across various websites or punishing the developer over.

I am PERSONALLY happy to play Shenmue 3 on ANY platform, but that's just me and I can only speak for myself. If many people are upset about Epic, then they are justified in being upset. Is that even handed enough for you?

Yes. Call a spade a spade.

I thought that calling people names was against the terms and conditions of this forum, but if that is the kind of environment people want to defend here, then this is definitely not a better place than the KS forums at all.

You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

Aren't you being a bit pedantic? I didn't personalise my use of "moron", nor did I target anyone specifically. Who did I call names, shibeouya? I didn't reference any individual. It was a flippant remark made in response to comments made by another member on some of the more extreme elements of the debate in other parts of the Internet.

Aren't you being a bit pedantic? I didn't personalise my use of "moron", nor did I target anyone specifically. Who did I call names, shibeouya? I didn't reference any individual. It was a flippant remark made in response to comments made by another member on some of the more extreme elements of the debate in other parts of the Internet.

Let me get this straight - you are calling an entire group of people morons, and then expect that nobody is going to get offended? This is inflammatory on purpose, provocative, in breach of the forum terms, but, sure, that's going to make things much better here.

Let's be honest Shibeouya, you are classic example of someone using cry-bully tactics. Maybe it's not your intention and I'm wrong, but it sure feels that way. Your backseat modding, some of your passive aggressive, patronising and divisive comments contradict your "we should all respect each other" stance. You add fuel to the fire and then sit back and claim to be the victim.

I was a member of the old Dojo forums and posted a lot from like 2003-2006 but then I didn't post a single time for like 12-13 years. I highly doubt anyone remembers me or knows who I am.

Those years were my exact orignal run, too, and I actually do rememeber you, haha. Maybe moreso until 2007ish

Those years were my exact orignal run, too, and I actually do rememeber you, haha. Maybe moreso until 2007ish
Really, man? That's pretty cool. Yeah, I was out of the Shenmue scene for a long time because at a certain point it just made me depressed knowing that the end of Shenmue II was the end of the series. I'm really grateful to the fans that kept the dream alive and kept fighting for it, as I "gave up" in a sense, believing that Shenmue III was impossible and not wanting to keep being disappointed.

Let me get this straight - you are calling an entire group of people morons, and then expect that nobody is going to get offended? This is inflammatory on purpose, provocative, in breach of the forum terms, but, sure, that's going to make things much better here.

If you backed the game at say, the $1000 vintage grab bag tier, then decide you don't want the game via Epic on PC, you should only be refunded for the price of the PC game, not the entire pledge amount. That makes sense, right? Since they will be delivering on the other parts of your reward and all.

Really, man? That's pretty cool. Yeah, I was out of the Shenmue scene for a long time because at a certain point it just made me depressed knowing that the end of Shenmue II was the end of the series. I'm really grateful to the fans that kept the dream alive and kept fighting for it, as I "gave up" in a sense, believing that Shenmue III was impossible and not wanting to keep being disappointed.

Even though we've already had a gigantic pizza derail, I'm now finally going to add my 2 cents to the Shenmue Discovery thread from awhile back.

If you backed the game at say, the $1000 vintage grab bag tier, then decide you don't want the game via Epic on PC, you should only be refunded for the price of the PC game, not the entire pledge amount. That makes sense, right? Since they will be delivering on the other parts of your reward and all.

Yes it does, I agree with you, I never argued with that logic. But calling people dirty names is where I think a line should be drawn. It certainly doesn't paint this forum in a positive light for newcomers.

Going off topic ever so slightly, I heard that popular Youtuber 'Etika' committed suicide the other day. I knew him from the Sonic the Hedgehog community and he was a lovely guy having met him in person a couple of times. So having learned about that and then read the last few pages (and especially Peter's post), just really puts the whole thing in perspective.

We are still getting Shenmue III, yet some people are acting as if the Epic thing is the worst thing in the world. Honestly, when the news broke and I spent 5 hours reading the posts here, the news, the kickstarter comments, I felt like crap. Then I read the news about Etika and it hits you like a thunderbolt. Essentially, what is happening here in the grand scheme of things matters very little.

I'm not sure i'm articulating my words very well; i'm trying to say that I think people really, REALLY need to take a step back and take a breather and realise how much this negativity is poisoning their lives when there is so much sad and worse things out there to worry about.

Yes it does, I agree with you, I never argued with that logic. But calling people dirty names is where I think a line should be drawn. It certainly doesn't paint this forum in a positive light for newcomers.

I agree, silly-billys would have been less insulting and just as accurate.

If you read the recently posted history of Shenmue Dojo, it seems that arguments and controversy have never been far away. Which is normal when a disparate group of people with one shared interest congregate online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back