Fact-checking the Shenmue III bedlam

James Brown

Administrator
Just released via Mega Visions, by Team Yu’s very own James Hamill, is a fantastic article which outlines all of the pure facts regarding the recent Shenmue 3 drama!

You may have seen alot of misinformation out there, whether it be on Twitter, media headlines, or by click baiting Youtubers whom have barely got a clue what Shenmue even is, and whilst not even able to pronounce the name of the series correctly, are just jumping on the bandwagon for instant views.

James Hamill’s article, puts the record straight once and for all.

Please share this article out, and have it as a handy link for anyone talking rubbish about Shenmue 3, to hopefully put them in their place.

Great. Shared it on Resetera, for what it's worth. I have a feeling I'm going to be met by a lot of tomatoes, but I thought it was worth sharing on a large community. People should be open minded enough to approach this from more than one angle.

Mega Visions Mag: Fact-Checking the Shenmue III bedlam

Yep, being called out for being a shill because I posted an article more in line with my views than an article in line with their views.

Last edited:
Great. Shared it on Resetera, for what it's worth. I have a feeling I'm going to be met by a lot of tomatoes, but I thought it was worth sharing on a large community. People should be open minded enough to approach this from more than one angle.

Yep, being called out for being a shill because I posted an article more in line with my views than an article in line with their views.

Christ, that's my first time on ResetEra (after hearing about it a million times) and I think it's gotten to the point where some people just don't even want to entertain the idea of admitting they made a mistake.

I get that I have a Shenmue name, only post in Shenmue threads, etc., but I really don't think I come across poorly on there in general. A better forum would tell these people to chill out, but I guess Resetera isn't it. They just created a narrative about my role on the forum and decided to use that to tear down my thread.

The admins wouldn't give us the same courtesy if we went into one of the many negative Shenmue threads and disputed the content of any negative, slanted article everyone else gets to post.

I get that I have a Shenmue name, only post in Shenmue threads, etc., but I really don't think I come across poorly on there in general. A better forum would tell these people to chill out, but I guess Resetera isn't it. They just created a narrative about my role on the forum and decided to use that to tear down my thread.

The admins wouldn't give us the same courtesy if we went into one of the many negative Shenmue threads and disputed the content of any negative, slanted article everyone else gets to post.
Hang on. They pulled down the topic as in got rid of it or refuse to acknowledge it as fact?

I see they're trying to get me banned now because the article calls 'Epic another launcher' or something to that effect.

@spud1897, I just mean they're trashing me because I like Shenmue and posted an article with an opposing viewpoint to theirs.

What a pointless 'discussion' forum. The best are the people who come in to mock or insult me and get no punishment.

I see they're trying to get me banned now because the article calls 'Epic another launcher' or something to that effect.

@spud1897, I just mean they're trashing me because I like Shenmue and posted an article with an opposing viewpoint to theirs.

What a pointless 'discussion' forum. The best are the people who come in to mock or insult me and get no punishment.
And some people over there say certain fan groups censor users.... madness. Bloody awful place.

I'm not saying I agree with everything everyone says on here but at least you can have a constructive discussion.

Have you got a link to the thread?

I'm SHOCKED. Usually the people there are so reasonable...

I think it's gotten to the point where some people just don't even want to entertain the idea of admitting they made a mistake.
Unfortunately we are well past that point dude. The fact that S3 even exists at all is something that never should have happened in their eyes.

It's probably going to be locked. People are actively trying to get me banned for posting it. Fucking pathetic. Meanwhile, any outrageously negative Jim Sterling video gets a pass. The irony is they're elevating my thread to the front page every time they post one of their cute little insults.

I've run and modded a number of forums over the last decade or two, some of which were pretty large in their prime. This is the funniest shit I've ever read. Resetera isn't a place for open discussions and constructive discourse, it's a place that controls the narrative and doesn't encourage debate and conversation. Dismissing anything that doesn't fit within the narrow, tiny window of what is considered an 'acceptable viewpoint' as "trolling" is pathetic (and the pile on @mjqjazzbar receives is borderline bullying), but this "rule" really takes the cake.

"The entire premise of this article goes against the mod warning posted in every single shenmue thread in the last few months:
Shenmue III backers were offered Steam keys in their backer surveys and the fundraiser concluded before the Epic Games Store even existed. There is no reason to argue that backers were not promised a Steam release with part of their pledge. We are not interested in entertaining the conversation to the contrary, so please drop this line of discussion.
Garbage topic."

That's the stupidest rule I've ever seen.

It's probably going to be locked. People are actively trying to get me banned for posting it. Fucking pathetic. Meanwhile, any outrageously negative Jim Sterling video gets a pass. The irony is they're elevating my thread to the front page every time they post one of their cute little insults.
Its hilarious tbh and buried in the trash comments are a few that are ok and on board with what the article is doing.

People don't have to agree with the situation or the PR its brought but they are facts.

Your ban will be administered in 3....2....1.... haha

I've run and modded a number of forums over the last decade or two, some of which were pretty large in their prime. This is the funniest shit I've ever read. Resetera isn't a place for open discussions and constructive discourse, it's a place that controls the narrative and doesn't encourage debate and conversation. Dismissing anything that doesn't fit within the narrow, tiny window of what is considered an 'acceptable viewpoint' as "trolling" is pathetic (and the pile on @mjqjazzbar receives is borderline bullying), but this "rule" really takes the cake.

"The entire premise of this article goes against the mod warning posted in every single shenmue thread in the last few months:

Garbage topic."

That's the stupidest rule I've ever seen.

That rule goes against the nature of a discussion forum lol. Unbelievable!

i think this whole Shenmue topic is done on Era, they have their fixed mindset now
and it perfectly fits with their negative views on almost every thread about "controversial" topics.
even if there will be positive news now about the DLC stuff or whatever,
they will just ignore it or say that it only happened because of them or they will say "its too late now".

i think pretty much everyone who wants to be more on the positive side of things,
should stay away from Era especially about this topic. you are looking on the wrong site for support.

You are right. Thought it was worth a shot since it was a sober, mature piece of writing by an actual fan and not a video of a large man in a silly outfit loudly ranting about a subject he hardly knows anything about, but I should've expected this reaction (I basically did).

i think this whole Shenmue topic is done on Era, they have their fixed mindset now
and it perfectly fits with their negative views on almost every thread about "controversial" topics.
even if there will be positive news now about the DLC stuff or whatever,
they will just ignore it or say that it only happened because of them or they will say "its too late now".

i think pretty much everyone who wants to be more on the positive side of things,
should stay away from Era especially about this topic. you are looking on the wrong site for support.

Orrrrr we flood their site, outnumber them and change the narrative and consensus ;)

Back