Yu Suzuki says heโ€™s open to working on his old classics again

Can you imagine, in the next 5 years?

• 'mue IV, V in development
  • VF6, 7 in development
  • One of the Super Scalers, either revamped or brand new
  • FIGHTING VIPERS/NEW MEGAMIX-ESQUE GAME

Or, do what I suggested 4 years ago and make a brawler in the vein of Smash Brothers/Power Stone, starring AM2 and other Sega characters.

I could dream...

Can you imagine, in the next 5 years?

• 'mue IV, V in development
  • VF6, 7 in development
  • One of the Super Scalers, either revamped or brand new
  • FIGHTING VIPERS/NEW MEGAMIX-ESQUE GAME
Or, do what I suggested 4 years ago and make a brawler in the vein of Smash Brothers/Power Stone, starring AM2 and other Sega characters.

I could dream...
All this + Virtua Cop 4. Life is good!

Seriously Sega, start putting your lightgun games on Steam and PS4. Maybe partner with Aimtrak for PC and Move for PS4 or something. Dozens of us would buy them. Dozens!

Better yet, a new Zombie Revenge! Much like the original being a cancelled HotD2, maybe use the cell shade art from the canned HotD3, plus other creative improvements.

Psy Phi would be awesome and I would go nuts for a new Hang On.

But the latter, I feel is dead in the water; since when has their been a good motorcycle game, in the past 15 years? (I'm sure there has, I just can't think of one off the top of my head) And if there has been, it would've been a sim and not arcade-style like Hang On.

Forget Suzuki's classic IPs, this is something I want to see and sounds just as epic (or moreso) than Shenmue:

Actually, I'm making what I want right now. I took all the best that was in Shenmue, all that โ€œknow-howโ€, dropped everything that I didn't like and was not interesting for me, and I'm making a new project. It will be a fantasy. Not China and not Japan, but a new fantasy world.

Here, I've already drawn characters for the game. I've drawn them myself. There are the protagonists, there is the sea, and there is a mountain and on the very top of it is a castle. It stands so high, to be able to see far away and watch for pirate ships that could attack the city. I like an artist Alphonse Mucha, and I decided to work in his style. Usually, designers are making all the illustrations for me, but this time I decided to draw them myself. This game already has a script, even the music.

In a perfect world, Suzuki pumps put Shenmue 4 and 5 by Nov 2023, and then someone funds that shit he is describing above.

In fact, this quote is what got me interested in Alphonse Mucha and art-nouveau myself

Last edited:
Forget Suzuki's classic IPs, this is something I want to see and sounds just as epic (or moreso) than Shenmue:

In a perfect world, Suzuki pumps put Shenmue 4 and 5 by Nov 2023, and then someone funds that shit he is describing above.

In fact, this quote is what got me interested in Alphonse Mucha and art-nouveau myself
wow. This sounds incredible.

Back