Project Update #113: Tokyo Game Show 2019: New Movies!

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
Hello Everyone,

Today we would like to share two trailers from Tokyo Game Show 2019. The first features the spirit of where Shenmue III takes place and the second is the Japanese-voiced version of the previously released trailer.

https://youtu.be/ZpDjXTwBN4E

The world of Ryo & company's travels!

https://youtu.be/FGH9migloto

Now in Japanese!

TGS Update

Yu Suzuki will be appearing on a live stream talk at TGS. Please see below for details.

*Streaming times may change.

**Available sites are in Japanese.

12th (THU) - Talk Show with Yu Suzuki

11:45AM~12:45PM JST: Yu Suzuki, Hazuki Ryo actor Masaya Matsukaze and Ling Shenhua actress Haruka Terui are scheduled for the show.

Sega Games / Atlus Live Stream! Day 1: YouTube Live, nikoniko Live

13th (FRI) - TGS Live Streams

Yu Suzuki is also scheduled to make the following appearances.

Famitsu & Dengeki Games

1:00PM~1:30PM JST

Famitsu & Dengeki Games TGS 2019 site

Day 2 Live Stream: YouTube Live

4gamer

3:00PM~3:45PM JST

【TGS2019】4GamerLive_DAY2【4GamerSP】: YouTube Live

IGN Japan

4:10PM~4:40PM JST

Official Channel

TGS 2019 Day 2 All day live coverage: YouTube Live

Thank you as always for your support.

That Japanese version of the "Day in Shenmue" trailer just reaffirms my belief that the Japanese dub truly is the way to go for this game. I very much prefer it all around. But hey, I know I'll end up playing through with both the Japanese and English dub. But my first playthrough will be the Japanese dub all the way. I just prefer it in everyway (no disrespect to Corey Marshall and company)

As for the mood trailer? Everyone online can scoff that it looks like a PS2 game, but for the budget they have, I think this thing looks beautiful. What they've managed to achieve on a shoe string budget is pretty impressive. The mood and atmosphere of Shenmue remains. It may not look AAA, but the charm of what I love about Shenmue is there in spades.

I really don't think that's going to happen this time, at least from people that actually watched the trailer. I understand some of the shortcomings with some NPCs and animations, but these environments are some of the best we've seen all gen from ANY developer.

There are three comments I can guarantee on any Shenmue III video

-- Looks like a PS2/PS3 game
-- Something, something Epic Game Store Bad
-- Just play Yakuza instead.

I can guarantee you at least one of those three comments if not all three will show up on these videos :)

Still, I'm with you. I think it looks beautiful. Yeah, the animations could be better and characters still move robotic (I don't think that's gonna change....I think that's what we're gonna get) but I still think the game looks beautiful as a whole...especially considering the budget. I applaud their work....I really do. I can't wait to just explore Shenmue III.

It just feels like Shenmue to me....and that's all I could want from it.

The mood and atmosphere of Chobu at night just looks stunning...the hanging lanterns...the open aired store fronts. Just absolutely stunning all around.

Unlike the dreary waste lands of Death Stranding, this is a place I want to explore come November.

Angry backers pictured running towards Kickstarter the second a new update is posted so they can express their HATRED and DISAPPOINTMENT about the game

Back