[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

The hair and eyes textures are not the originals but I couldn't get them dumped so I used the ones from the original Shenmue Passport lol

cpPcEBF.jpg

I did find some kickstarter related stuff.

I haven't really posted any of it though, but I will post stuff soon if other people don't :)

Sorry for the impatience, but do you have anything to show about dice dudes? I would really love to see the one i submitted.

Man, the wait... Shenmue 3 is almost here

Here are some discoveries from today:

I actually used the warp option at Shenhua's house, instead of ignoring it. Guess what's back and looking better than ever?
1569814915267.png

I ran into a huge spoiler today. Based on the fact that there's about 140MB of voice data in the demo, I figured there might be all of the FREE voices for Bailu. (NOT Cutscenes, the unused ones have been removed, there is only data for the few cutscenes in the demo) This theory seems to have accidentally been confirmed, because I accidentally sequence broke the demo.

I realized there was a lot of stuff inside the blind woman's house (you can hear her humming in the demo, she's sitting in front of her house in the village square) and wanted to look inside of there. So I warped inside her house and noticed it was showing the little target icons to investigate things on the shelves like you get in the Tao get store. As soon as I did this, the music changed and I was forced into search mode.

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS follow - What happens occurs near the end of the Bailu section of the game.
Ryo is looking for wooden "tokens", similar to when you were looking for the different keys in Five Stars Corp in Shenmue 2. After you find each one, Ryo talks to the blind woman, who is now inside the house. Her name is Elder Yeh and she comments on the token Ryo describes finding. After finding each one, you get a new journal entry, but since the data for the journal entries isn't in the game, opening your journal takes you to a blank page. These invisible journal entries are added 31 pages after the bookie stuff, about 5 pages before the end of the Bailu section in Ryo's Journal. If you open your inventory, each token has lines carved out of the back, and the tokens are actually keys for some kind of puzzle.
Ryo actually gets to move two of the shelves in her house as part of this search. The door to leave the house is usable at this time.
Once you find the last wooden token, nothing happens. You exit search mode but you're stuck. You can't talk to Elder teh, you can't zoom in anymore, you can't control the camera anymore, and you can no longer interact with the door.
I presume there is supposed to be a cutscene at that point, but since all of that data is not included in the demo the game soft-locks because you can't do anything. If you warp outside of her house, the investigation music continues playing and you still can't control the camera. Talking to NPC's just asks about the bookie, so at least the game still thinks you're looking for him.

In short, there are other sections of the Bailu portion of the story still present in the demo, but without cutscene or journal data you won't be able to hack the game to make them playable. This particular adventure didn't require data hacking though, just warping via memory editing. I think I'm done exploring the demo at this point.

The hair and eyes textures are not the originals but I couldn't get them dumped so I used the ones from the original Shenmue Passport lol
I think it's time for you to update the model in your avatar. ?

[/spoiler]

MAJOR STORY SPOILERS follow - What happens occurs near the end of the Bailu section of the game.
Ryo is looking for wooden "tokens", similar to when you were looking for the different keys in Five Stars Corp in Shenmue 2. After you find each one, Ryo talks to the blind woman, who is now inside the house. Her name is Elder Yeh and she comments on the token Ryo describes finding. After finding each one, you get a new journal entry, but since the data for the journal entries isn't in the game, opening your journal takes you to a blank page. These invisible journal entries are added 31 pages after the bookie stuff, about 5 pages before the end of the Bailu section in Ryo's Journal. If you open your inventory, each token has lines carved out of the back, and the tokens are actually keys for some kind of puzzle.
Ryo actually gets to move two of the shelves in her house as part of this search. The door to leave the house is usable at this time.
Once you find the last wooden token, nothing happens. You exit search mode but you're stuck. You can't talk to Elder teh, you can't zoom in anymore, you can't control the camera anymore, and you can no longer interact with the door.
I presume there is supposed to be a cutscene at that point, but since all of that data is not included in the demo the game soft-locks because you can't do anything. If you warp outside of her house, the investigation music continues playing and you still can't control the camera. Talking to NPC's just asks about the bookie, so at least the game still thinks you're looking for him.

*sigh* ok, that's not THAT bad lol; I went to quote to ask if its really detrimental and it showed up anyways lol. That's actually a GREAT spoiler! Has me even more excited! :D

I think it truly will be a 'mue experience for 2019 :)

some kind of gatcha machine homage, also means the current known item list is incomplete

View attachment 4527

Astro city is also sega branded so the arcade could have surprises
IIRC Yu was very involved with that consoles hardware as well as Naomi/Dreamcast so it’d make sense.

Also some of these mini game tracks are HYPE.

*sigh* ok, that's not THAT bad lol; I went to quote to ask if its really detrimental and it showed up anyways lol. That's actually a GREAT spoiler! Has me even more excited! :D

I think it truly will be a 'mue experience for 2019 :)
Honestly, stumbling into that portion of the game was one of my favorite parts of the demo thus far.
It really helped increase the whole "This is Shenmue 3" feeling.

Edit: Quick video of out of bounds content. Does not contain the sequence break spoiler, that is a separate video which will be uploaded tomorrow:

Last edited:
Honestly, stumbling into that portion of the game was one of my favorite parts of the demo thus far.
It really helped increase the whole "This is Shenmue 3" feeling.

Edit: Quick video of out of bounds content. Does not contain the sequence break spoiler, that is a separate video which will be uploaded tomorrow:

Thanks for this! This is awesome! To be honest a walkthrough like this as marketing/promotion, would have increased my excitement for the game real fast. I mean we sort of had it with the TGS video but I mean much earlier. Even keep the buildings empty so we could speculate what they were. Anyway, this is very very cool. Can’t wait to see the story sequence tomorrow!

Huh? He just says two times that he won't go there, and then he does? O_ó :D

Used out of bounce techniques then proceeded through the areas I presume

Last edited:
We really need a guide for this. I wanna go to the bamboo area at night. It is going to be so beautiful

:love::love:
I posted instructions in LemonHaze’s thread about cheat engine on Sunday.
They aren’t the best instructions but if you figure out how to use cheat engine it should be fine.
Obvious disclaimer: do not run cheat engine during an online multiplayer game. Some online games may ban you for having cheat software running.

Back