New Member Introductions

Hello, I was on shenmue master long ago, but when I came back recently I couldn't find their forum anymore.

At first I signed in here because link for widescreen hex edited version for dreamcast are dead in the old forum and I couldn't make the hex edit work on my version, then I found them elsewhere before approval except for the passport, but shenmue 3 comming soon make it still a good time to sign in.

I'm not sure if my computer can handle shenmue 3 and don't have a access to the demo to try, but even if I have some concern about it I'm really glad to finally see it after so many years thank to everyone that made it possible.

Like some others I'm a fan from before day one, buying a dreamcast mostly for it.
To make it short I remember loving chapter yokosuka all the way up until the ending which disapointed me, especially after ff7 and its openess after midgar.
I was hugely disapointed with shenmue 2 at first, for most of the game and hated the ending, then I found it cheap on xbox years later and loved it, which mean the translation had big impact over my enjoyement.

I play them almost yearly since many years now and began another round recently, on nulldc where I can set the free camera on the right stick and get ride of the hud with one of the z buffer option (so called "D24S8 adaptative linear (buggy still)").
About this I must raise a disapointement about all videos of gameplay I saw over the years, I know some only want to play on original hardware but for the one that don't I can't understand why they don't use the free camera often, since I tried it on emulator I can't play without it anymore, also most players run to much.
Some years ago I tried to do a longplay but my video files bugged and I don't how but some part got lost in the editing, so now I try again, a longplay where I heavily use the free camera, almost never run, and cut out all loading.

Last edited:
Hey everyone

I was LionheartUK on the old boards I was active from 2001-2007 mainly... I was also an idiot and pray to God my childish nonsense is no longer available to see ?‍♂️

Done some growing up since then, thought I'd sign back up and discuss Shenmue III properly as it's my most anticipated game in forever put a lot of £££ down on the KS can't wait for my backer stuff to arrive!!!

Hey everyone.

Please call me Hiki. I think i have been playing Shenmue since 2015, i don't remember the year exactly but i remember that was way before the Shenmue HD collection. I'm a huge Shenmue fan.

I think the first time i saw something about Shenmue was in a magazine at the time of Playstation/Nintendo 64, i think the cover of the magazine was Ryo. Unfortunately i never had a Dreamcast, i didn´t play Shenmue at that time because of that, at that time i had a PS1.

I played Shenmue 1 and 2 on a Dreamcast emulator, i really want to have a Dreamcast in my collection, i think is amazing. In my opinion there is no other game like Shenmue, Shenmue series is unique and special.

I love art, music, anime, manga, games and much more, i love playing piano. I lost my dear mother in 2017, right now the story of Shenmue has a bigger impact on me than before because of that.

Nice to see a place for Shenmue fans.

Last edited:
Hey everyone.

Please call me Hiki. I think i have been playing Shenmue since 2015, i don't remember the year exactly but i remember that was way before the Shenmue HD collection. I'm a huge Shenmue fan.

I played Shenmue 1 and 2 on a Dreamcast emulator, i really want to have a Dreamcast in my collection, i think is amazing. In my opinion there is no other game like Shenmue, Shenmue series is unique and special.
Yo! Welcome to the Dojo. Nice avatar!

Hey everyone.

I think the first time i saw something about Shenmue was in a magazine at the time of Playstation/Nintendo 64, i think the cover of the magazine was Ryo. Unfortunately i never had a Dreamcast, i didn´t play Shenmue at that time because of that, at that time i had a PS1.

I love art, music, animes, mangas, games and much more, i love playing piano. I lost my dear mother in 2017, right now the story of Shenmue has a bigger impact on me than before because of that.

Fala Hiki! Tentei te adicionar no nosso grupo BR mas acho q o limite de participantes foi atingido...vou tentar descobrir mais informações.

Fala Hiki! Tentei te adicionar no nosso grupo BR mas acho q o limite de participantes foi atingido...vou tentar descobrir mais informações.
Oi, The Fuzileiro. Triste que o limite de participantes foi atingido, espero que você consiga me adicionar. :giggle:

Hey everyone.

I love art, music, animes, mangas, games and much more, i love playing piano. I lost my dear mother in 2017, right now the story of Shenmue has a bigger impact on me than before because of that.

Bem-vindo amiga!

Yeah, unfortunately the Dreamcast was never a thing in Brazil. Luckily I had a friend who imported one back in the day and I guess I'm here because of him.

Hello again folks!

I was a user of the old forum. Did everything get deleted? Was it just my user?
In any case, I'm from dreamcast.es site. I don't do forums these days as I used to. But I think this occasion is worth it.

I'm glad to be back here. Just a few more days until we get the backers edition :)

So much hype this close to the release. I also completed the HD releases to have it all fresh again.

I can't barely believe what the shenmue community was able to achieve. This is something to be proud of.

Hello everyone!
After so many years "stalking" this forum, I finally decided to create an account!
With Shenmue III just around the corner, there will be tons of stuff to talk about, then there is no better occasion than this to come out of the shadows. It was now or never!

I'm from Portugal (not the only one here, as I noticed), and I'm in love with this saga since the first time I saw my brother play it on the Dreamcast. I was still a kid and couldn't play because it's not an easy game... and I didn't even understand English, but I wouldn't let my brother play a second without me watching. I was completely mesmerized, and being where I am, there's no need to explain why.

As everyone knows, Shenmue II for the Dreamcast was a VERY rare game, so my brother never managed to buy it at the time. It wasn't until many years later, when it became easy to import games through Amazon, that I was able to buy a copy of the second game. This time, I was the one playing and he the one watching. :D

After that, there were many years of hope and despair... until that magical E3. Now I'm a backer waiting for my copy and still not believing that it's true.

What a time to be alive!

Back