Where to pre-order Shenmue 3

While I was at the Shenmue UK Meet there was talk of Shenmue III being confirmed for being PS4 Pro Enhanced - Have we heard anything more on that?

So far we only know that the Pro version of the preview build has a 60 fps target
and that the standard PS4 probably has a 30 fps target. But we dont know if there are other options
like 1440p / 30 fps on the Pro or 720p / 60 fps on the standard, its all unknown.
The only real captured PS4 footage from the latest events is from the Pro and it was 1080p - (unstable) 60 fps target.
And that was probably not the newest build because it still has the trial backer 1st person view,
the PS4 footage in the Suzuki interviews looks different.

- and it was 1080p -
On this, when asked about it via the Kickstarter, Ys Net said the PS4 Pro would see improvements to the resolution.

As the base PS4 is already targeting 1080p, PS4 Pro should be running above that. I don't think it's at 4K, but maybe something like 1440p? Some of the footage out of the previews looked a touch sharper than 1080p too, but it's tough to properly eyeball that stuff.

On this, when asked about it via the Kickstarter, Ys Net said the PS4 Pro would see improvements to the resolution.

As the base PS4 is already targeting 1080p, PS4 Pro should be running above that. I don't think it's at 4K, but maybe something like 1440p? Some of the footage out of the previews looked a touch sharper than 1080p too, but it's tough to properly eyeball that stuff.

But that would mean that there has to be at least two presets on the Pro right?
Because a 60 fps target + 1440p would be .... ridiculous i think.
I mean games like Resi 2 Remake, Nioh, Nier Automata, Sekiro, God of War
and so on cant even maintain 60 in 1080p on the Pro.

But that would mean that there has to be at least two presets on the Pro right?
Because a 60 fps target + 1440p would be .... ridiculous i think.
I mean games like Resi 2 Remake, Nioh, Nier Automata, Sekiro, God of War
and so on cant even maintain 60 in 1080p on the Pro.
No confirmation on settings right now.

If you want the T-shirt only go here!

Not sold separately - see the small print. ?

Although I'm not saying they wouldn't take 200 euros for it, if you really insisted.

For those of you who wish to only purchase the T-shirt from Deep Silver follow these instructions.

1. Go to https://store.deepsilver.com/detail...07&utm_medium=Shenmue+III&utm_source=facebook

2. Add the T-shirt and bundle to your cart.

3. Click the red arrow on your cart and remove the game.

4. It will show the T-shirt only at €19.99

5. Click checkout and follow the instructions.

6. Congratulations you have a new Shenmue III T-shirt.

Yes I ordered mine through simplygames but I'm abit concerned how all other retailers are sold out and for ages you can still pre-order from them. I hope they don't cancel orders at the end because the don't have copies.
Unless anyone can tell me other wise for piece of mind. I'm thinking probably won't get it. Even tho pre ordered.
Oh can't wait now for shenmue music to start up when the game goes in.

I had the same concern. In fact, in the past, I've had a pre-order of another games' CE being canceled a few days before shipping due to "stock issues" after they had been sold out everywhere else. So just in case, I made my pre-order on SimplyGames and e-mailed them about it. I also asked if their store would have the steel box, just in case :p here's their reply:
We can confirm that this is definitely the Collector’s Edition of Shenmue 3 on PS4. We have not heard if the game inside will include a steelbook, but we can assure you the listing will be updated accordingly if we do hear about this from our suppliers.

So yeah, I think we can rest easy. We got it :D

The traditional Chinese (might actually be only Taiwan region) version of the page (https://tw-console.oasgames.com/shenmue-iii/) leads you to the PlayStation store when you click on preorder:

Last edited:
Humble Bundle are selling the PC digital deluxe version of the game for £58:

^ I preordered mine with Humble and got it for $55 with the monthly discount. Good deal!

Bestbuy in the US will have Shenmue 3 on sale for 34.99 on Black Friday. Good savings for all of us that can wait a week to buy it. Haha yeah right.

Back