Shenmue 3: side quests

Not sure what else you keep. Was wondering if you keep items like toy capsules and herbs as well.

I have NG plus. You keep your kungfu level, money, tokens, toy capsules and herbs. In addition any items you purchased or received. Only story related items are omitted,

Question for those of you who have left Bailu. Do you get a chance to mop up the area before you leave?

You do get a warning anytime you are about to leave area. Also there is a third wooden dummy mini game that increases endurance,

Thats good to know.

So my current guess is this right now...

Some quests give you a choice of 2 items on first playthrough.
On second playthrough you get option to unlock fishing spot instead cause you already have one of the items.

To get everything, both items (which you need for a set/scroll) and fishing spot, you need a minimum 3 playthroughs, assuming you did all quests in every playthrough.

Thats what I'm wondering. Could give us a hint to where missing quests are and how many.
The ones at lake could mean theres another quest from the fishing store guy. Maybe you really need the 1000 fish caught.

I'm still wondering if danielmann is on NG+, since he seems to be the only one who managed to unlock them yet.

1000 fish caught is crazy, even if you did 10 fish a day, that's 100 days of fishing, you'd likely reach the bad ending before you managed that. I can only assume it would require multiple NG+ plays to unlock that trophy.

Thats good to know.

On second playthrough you get option to unlock fishing spot instead cause you already have one of the items.

To get everything, both items (which you need for a set/scroll) and fishing spot, you need a minimum 3 playthroughs, assuming you did all quests in every playthrough.
Do we know that some of these quest items can't be obtained from machines?

Thats good to know.

One of the quests you're referring to is the little boy with the soccer ball, I did that quest twice to see what you get. The capsule toy isn't that rare, it's one of the digger/forklift toys that's easily obtained. The fishing spot he refers to is by the little flower Grove, but I still couldn't fish there after he told me about it.

They are misc sets and have nothing todo with machines. I could also not find a vendor who sells them. You get them from quests and minigames.
Ok thanks. Is there a full list of capsule sets? There are only 8 listed in my menu and only ones I haven't come across are the shoes ones!

Ok thanks. Is there a full list of capsule sets? There are only 8 listed in my menu and only ones I haven't come across are the shoes ones!
I'm still in Bailu, but I assume the list will be enhanced as soon as you leave bailu. Trophy lets us assume theres more than 15 toy sets.

I'm still in Bailu, but I assume the list will be enhanced as soon as you leave bailu. Trophy lets us assume theres more than 15 toy sets.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I have noticed there are multiple ways to get some scrolls. For example I already have the weapons set trade by trading in machine toys. A couple that the Bailu pawnbroker exchanges can also be bought from the shop opposite but they are expensive. We might be OK!

1000 fish caught is crazy, even if you did 10 fish a day, that's 100 days of fishing, you'd likely reach the bad ending before you managed that. I can only assume it would require multiple NG+ plays to unlock that trophy.

The most fish I caught in 1 session is 16, 13 the second session (because I quit early) and 15 the third.

So say you get 15 a day, that's 67 days to get 1,000.

Considering the bad ending is after 7 months of in-game (at least, what I read on here), you have PLENTY of time if you split it between Bailu and Niaowu.

The most fish I caught in 1 session is 16, 13 the second session (because I quit early) and 15 the third.

So say you get 15 a day, that's 67 days to get 1,000.

Considering the bad ending is after 7 months of in-game (at least, what I read on here), you have PLENTY of time if you split it between Bailu and Niaowu.

7 months? I didn't realise it was that long, I was expecting it to be a lot shorter, that's plenty of time.

I just tried how many fishes I can catch on a day. If you start early, you can fully fish twice per day. Got 46 fish on lake next to fishing store using best rod on a single ingame day and made 700+ yuan along the way. So takes about ~25 ingame days to get the 1000. Still very tedious but doable.

I just tried how many fishes I can catch on a day. If you start early, you can fully fish twice per day. Got 46 fish on lake next to fishing store using best rod on a single ingame day and made 700+ yuan along the way. So takes about ~25 ingame days to get the 1000. Still very tedious but doable.

Wow, that's mega tedious, it's a good thing that fishing is one of the more relaxing jobs in the game though, and I suppose you'd also unlock many of the money trophies doing that too.

Thanks for that.

Hell, I'm thinking of splitting my time in Niaowu and Bailu for fishing, so that I can get all spots (IF they open up...)

For Bailu theres 8 known quests so far that can be done at this times (some unlock earlier, but this are good times when you can do em):

When you need to gather 2000 yuan for booze:
- Capsule Toy quest
- Gambling Man: Date quest
- Fishing Hut: Stamp quest
- Elder Yeh: Herb quest
- Story Teller: Listen quest

After beating the Thugs and the Boss
- Panda Store: Mushroom quest
- Panda Market Kid: Pail Toss
- Sunflower Meadow: Ghost hunt quest

These 8 quests will not give the trophy, so something might be missing.
I'm still in Bailu, 20 hours in, trying to talk to everyone at every time, but thats all i found.

The fact that nobody got the trophy so far lets me belive that it's either bugged or there is stuff missing.
Also whats with the shoes toy-capsule set? Don't think anyone found that yet. Or whats with the "all highscores at minigames"? I got highscores on everything and still no trophy, as nobody else has. I also went to all herb locations with the herb map and didn't got that trophy either.

It's almost as if an entire area is missing and thuse the trophies not possible.

[EDIT]
added pail toss
Somebody mentioned a quest from the pawn shop guy?

Back