The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

5.9 from IGN. :-(

That is pathetic. Considering they give absolute fucking garbage like Cod: Modern Warfare 8/10, they can absolutely fuck off. Pathetic. These losers will give anything a high score if they get paid high enough. Crooked and corrupt industry.

They don't even mention the fact it is a kickstarter game once. Go to helI IGN.

Last edited:
That is pathetic. Considering they give absolute fucking garbage like Cod: Modern Warfare 8/10, they can absolutely fuck off. Pathetic. These losers will give anything a high score if they get paid high enough. Crooked and corrupt industry.

I'm inclined to agree. Never liked IGN America

5.9 from IGN. :-(

Hard to argue too much with any of his criticisms, but a little bewildering that he was able to find so few positives to talk about.

Are they fucking serious!?
Best game hands down of this Gen, Anyone playing this on PC maxed out, the graphics are also incredible.
WTF is wrong with people?

Seems the review IS for the PC version too.

At least he mentions the nice environments.

Darn!!! Not good at all, this will certainly drop us well below the 70 mark. I'd say our final score will not eclipse a 72, and that's if the reviews from here on out will even work in our favor. If more reviews like this come rolling in, I'd suspect a mid 60s final score. Which is really sad as far as word of mouth, promotion standards go.

Darn!!! Not good at all, this will certainly drop us well below the 70 mark. I'd say our final score will not eclipse a 72, and that's if the reviews from here on out will even work in our favor. If more reviews like this come rolling in, I'd suspect a mid 60s final score. Which is really sad as far as word of mouth, promotion standards go.

IGN's review is the one that will reach most people unfortunately. It was the one most important review of all. Had they given it a 7, it would be fine. But no, they got mr grumpy grump who is mad at the game for doing what it promised to do - feel like a Dreamcast game.

That’s too bad about IGN...

However, Gaming Trend gave it an 85, so that will be added to the Metascore too!

NICE. It reaaaally needs that boost. It will also get a boost from EasyAllies and PushSquare most likely.

Guys in the context of a modern game which is their target audience, they aren't wrong. Sure it sucks, but most modern gamers (regardless if you like them or are one) are not gonna like this game. For those of you saying it's the best game of this gen, give me a break. It's shenmue 3 and it'll make older gamers and fans of the series happy. That's who funded it. Get over it.

I knew IGN would never score it above a 7 but a 5.9? Fuuuuuck.

They knew what they were doing too to make it sting just a bit more. Had they given it 0.1 points more, it would be "average" but they had to keep it in the 5.x range so it says "mediocre".

Guys in the context of a modern game which is their target audience, they aren't wrong. Sure it sucks, but most modern gamers (regardless if you like them or are one) are not gonna like this game. For those of you saying it's the best game of this gen, give me a break. It's shenmue 3 and it'll make older gamers and fans of the series happy. That's who funded it. Get over it.
If you think COD: Modern Warfare is better than S3 then I really pity you.

I'm not going to "get over it" as it affects the chances of Shenmue IV happening or not.

Just tell me we’re getting Shenmue 4 and it’s going to be ok.
View attachment 5833

There are several hints in game and outside of the game that Shenmue IV is a thing that is at least in planning stages. But this review and the public perception in general can change that. We'll see. I still think it's happening.

Nah. With 18 reviews already in, a 59 won’t even push it down by a full point (The score will fall from 71 to 70.4). At this point, we’re not going to see any real movement unless there are some 100’s or 30’s, and we’d need quite a few of those to have a significant impact.

70 is better than I was expecting given the state of modern gaming.

The real damage is that IGN is probably the largest gaming publication in the world. Even then, Youtubers have a much larger impact than gaming publications these days, so who cares.

They don't seem to be fans of these types of games. IGN loves their copy paste games though.

Meh, whatever, I didn't expect the overall rating to rate higher than a 6 anyway. A lot of my all time favourites seem to be rated laround the average mark. The only thing that bothers me about reviews is that people seem to take their word for it and skip a game because of it, like they can't make their minds up for themselves.

Back