The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

WTF are you talking about. Easy allies score a ratio of 1 to 10 not 1 to 5. Are you taking the piss.
I forgot they changed their review thing a bit ago, they used to score it out of 5 for a long time and I've been supporting them from the start but really dont watch their reviews much (more their podcasts and support shows like easy update and the like)

with that context I mean the out of 10 equivalent of a 7/10

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before. I searched the thread first but didn't get any results : https://pureplaystation.com/pre-review-shenmue-3-ps4/2019/11/

It seems to be a fair pre-review, he understands the slower pace and writes that he enjoys it. It looks like they aren't on Metacritic though. When I checked the list I only saw Pure Nintendo and Pure Xbox.

I don't know if this one has been mentioned before. I searched the thread first but didn't get any results : https://pureplaystation.com/pre-review-shenmue-3-ps4/2019/11/

It seems to be a fair pre-review, he understands the slower pace and writes that he enjoys it. It looks like they aren't on Metacritic though. When I checked the list I only saw Pure Nintendo and Pure Xbox.
Well they dont have a score anyway so it being on MC doesnt really matter much and this review in particular is a work in progress anyway

Yeah, I mentioned it being a pre-review but linked to it because the writer takes his time to get a fair overview. So it gives an informed idea of his stance at that point. I mentioned Metacritic since I saw that other reviews on the site got scores so I assume that this one would too eventually.

Edit : He didn't seem to know about manual saving so I sent a short message about that option to save the guy some time and trouble at least.

Last edited:

Did we know about this one? A 7 from Gaming Bolt

The German M! Games gave 82 % . A fair review was far as I can tell.

Did we know about this one? A 7 from Gaming Bolt

Neither eligible for Metacritic, but nice scores nonetheless!

Added both to my list on the previous page. I'll keep editing it for a while and then re-post.

Sweet! That's one that'll end up on Metacritic! I'll add that score to my list once it does.
When you've done your scores list could you post them here? It would be good for historical purposes.

Spanish site 3D Juegos, 6.5

Another one. 8/10. Think it might be averaged by MC.

Both of these are going on Metacritic. Would have been nice if 3D Juegos did not however.

(both of these are going on my list)

Meh. 6.5 is not too upsetting to me. Sucks for the average, but within the realm of a respectable score.

Meh. 6.5 is not too upsetting to me. Sucks for the average, but within the realm of a respectable score.

Ye, I agree. Cool thing is that we now have two 80+ waiting to get on MC, one 72 and then this 6.5. The average should go up very soon

3D Juegos writer is long time fan of the saga and I actually meet him personally, I can understand why the score and I was guessing something around 6-7 before reading it. If you read the review you can agree or not, but there is not cheap-easy angles on it, longstory short of the article is that S3 is inferior to S1 and S2 in several aspects.

Ye, I agree. Cool thing is that we now have two 80+ waiting to get on MC, one 72 and then this 6.5. The average should go up very soon
are these the only 4 reviews we know of that are pending?

Back